It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
So I've been lurking on the forums.. seen plenty of ideas tossed around like your character actually dying in game, and sex in MMOs like from sims, and I thought "What about an MMORPG that has a Sims 2 like foundation?"
- Expansive world with a good bit of variety, detail, polish, etc.
- Either basic combat system, or one where ranged actually have to aim and stuff like that. Probably collision detection so that tanks can PvP.
- A couple of big towns where everyone can get together; fitted with your basic auction house, mail system, and the like.
- Only open world PvP (no scenarios/instances) with great reward for doing it (and not completely screwing losers) success in PvP based on group formation like (healer, tank, DPS)
- raiding, dungeons, and such
- Player housing, furniture, clothing, toys, other items, etc. all craftable by players.
People could construct their house (probably just one house per account, and they would get to pick one place in the world) it would be made with materials gained from the game (maybe even a profession that turns stuff into building mats) and you could build houses just like in the sims, and place items in the house just like sims.
- Player based economy
- Musical abilities that people could acquire, ability to form a band, and their music could be broadcast on a radio station (could be listened to on people's radios ^.^)
- Aging where your character starts out as a child/teenager and grows up to be an adult ( like fable ^.^), not like the aspiration system from sims 2 exactly.
- Either no levels or no emphasis on leveling, but instead just becomming and adult
- tons of emotes, and tons of player interactions like in the sims.
The ability to have sex like in sims (to keep it rated T, but maybe not as retarded looking) or at least the ability for women to get pregnant.
Children would be a NPC that acted on it's free will. You take care of it, you could send them off to military training or something if you got tired of them, maybe when they are adults they move into a major city or they never grow past a certain age and stay in your house.
- Marriage system, maybe the ability to have actual weddings in town
So yeah I love theory crafting . What are your thoughts on a MMORPG with a sims 2 like foundation?
FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM