Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Runes of Magic: Dev Chat Log

StraddenStradden Managing EditorHalifax, NSPosts: 6,696Member

On November 15th, MMORPG.com hosted a dev chat with the folks from Runes of Magic. Today, we post the log from that chat in its entirety.

MMORPG_Kunou: Howdy and welcome to MMORPG.com's Live Dev Chat on irc.coldfront.net! I'm your host, MMORPG.com's Community Manager Richard "Kunou" Cox. Joining us today are members of the Runes of Magic dev team!

MMORPG_Kunou: Our guests will do their best to answer as many questions as possible, but due to limited time and a high volume of inquiries, they may not be able to answer every single one. Users are limited to one question at a time, and you will be notified if your question is rejected or discarded. Feel free to add another question to the queue once yours is either asked or rejected.

MMORPG_Kunou: To submit your question, please /msg MMORPGBot yourquestionhere. If your question was deleted, it's probably because someone else asked the same thing first.

MMORPG_Kunou: This room will be moderated during the chat; if you want to talk during the chat, feel free to visit #rom.

MMORPG_Kunou: Now it's time for introductions! Feel free to start sending your questions to MMORPGBot while our guests introduce themselves!

Kerensky: Hi everyone. Good to be here. My name's Jörg "Kerensky" Koonen. I'm the Community Manager for the English speaking "Runes of Magic" community.

Danatros: Hello, I'm Daniel "Danatro" Ullrich the Director Product Management at Frogster Online Gaming. - Nice to be here ;)

MMORPG_Kunou: Ok then, here we go!

Question: flying4torpedo asks, "what kind of crafting skill wil there be ?"

Kerensky: There are 3 gathering skills and 7 crafting skills that allow to "create" - like carpentry and tailoring

Kerensky: You can gather materials and refine them into armour, weapons etc.

Read the entire Runes of Magic Dev Chat Log.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• PalmTreesPalmTrees orlando, FLPosts: 5Member

Kerensky: I can't say much about this at the moment, as this is changing. We have had a PK-system that allowed people who flagged themselves "PK" to attack non-PK-flagged players.

Kerensky: This didn't pan out as we wanted it to be - so we are changing the system right now.

Kerensky: There's a good amount of tweaking to be done here.

lol, allowing pk to attack non-pk? That tells me we got a bunch of guys with no clue. Sure they say they're changing it, but allowing it in the first place? Does not inspire confidence

Meh, it's free, so I'll give it a whirl like I do with most f2p mmo's, but the answers made the dev team sound rather unorganized with no coherent, guiding vision for the game.

For example, warhammer was always put forward as realm vs realm pvp emphasis with a side of pve, whether they delivered is a matter of opinion, but you knew what they were shooting for.

The Rune guys, I dunno what their plan is beyond promise everything from raids to cross-server pvp and see what they manange to get working.

• khameleonkhameleon Miami, FLPosts: 372Member
    Originally posted by PalmTrees

Kerensky: I can't say much about this at the moment, as this is changing. We have had a PK-system that allowed people who flagged themselves "PK" to attack non-PK-flagged players.
    Kerensky: This didn't pan out as we wanted it to be - so we are changing the system right now.

lol, allowing pk to attack non-pk? That tells me we got a bunch of guys with no clue. Sure they say they're changing it, but allowing it in the first place? Does not inspire confidence
    Meh, it's free, so I'll give it a whirl like I do with most f2p mmo's, but the answers made the dev team sound rather unorganized with no coherent, guiding vision for the game.
    For example, warhammer was always put forward as realm vs realm pvp emphasis with a side of pve, whether they delivered is a matter of opinion, but you knew what they were shooting for.
    The Rune guys, I dunno what their plan is beyond promise everything from raids to cross-server pvp and see what they manange to get working.

You do realize that this is a Taiwanese game being ported over to English by a German/Korean Publisher right?

The original name of this game is Radiant Arcana in Taiwan.

The publisher, Frogster, is a merger between Germans and a Korean company, here is their website: http://www.frogster-interactive.de/en/index.php?id=2&sub_id=5

That's why the game will not be good. Its just another Asian game ported over to the West. The graphics, gameplay, quests, features are all cheap felling and generic. Nothing new to see in this game at all.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• alextodoalextodo timisoaraPosts: 232Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by khameleon

Originally posted by PalmTrees

You do realize that this is a Taiwanese game being ported over to English by a German/Korean Publisher right?

The original name of this game is Radiant Arcana in Taiwan.

The publisher, Frogster, is a merger between Germans and a Korean company, here is their website: http://www.frogster-interactive.de/en/index.php?id=2&sub_id=5

That's why the game will not be good. Its just another Asian game ported over to the West. The graphics, gameplay, quests, features are all cheap felling and generic. Nothing new to see in this game at all.

Wrong. Game is still in development both here and in Taiwan. Based on Tester feedback , things get changed very often and each version is different the the other. Major features , Quests , Skills and many more. Graphics are being worked on as we speak and they will be upgraded with the first expansion pack , right after release.

• NasaNasa DenmarkPosts: 423Member Uncommon

khameleon, I think you skipped reading this part:

"Kerensky: Runes of Magic is _based on_ Radiant Arcana. After Frogster and RuneWaker met for the first time and talked about the US and European player community, we decided to do something like a "spin-off" and develop a second "western" version of the game. Radiant Arcana is targetted at the asian players and one is Runes of Magic for all western players."