Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting this up

RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458

Despite all the negative reviews and the talk of this game getting shut down (it's not is it?) I decided to start this up after all.

I got a few questions before I actually start playing.

1- Whats a good class to start with so I can enjoy the game and not have a hard time

2- Are there enough players for me to enjoy the content?

3- Are there active guilds?

4- What draws people to the game (i heard something about live raids, not sure what it is)

5- What server to roll on?

Thanks,

~Tom  

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Comments

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by Ragana

Despite all the negative reviews and the talk of this game getting shut down (it's not is it?) I decided to start this up after all.

I got a few questions before I actually start playing.

1- Whats a good class to start with so I can enjoy the game and not have a hard time
    2- Are there enough players for me to enjoy the content?
    3- Are there active guilds?
    4- What draws people to the game (i heard something about live raids, not sure what it is)
    5- What server to roll on?

Thanks,

~Tom  

Hey Tom,

Nah, its not that bad IMHO. We are all just being overly critical...

You don't have to pick a class starting out, you start as a recruit and then make class choices down the road. Its a branching system.

Are there enough players to enjoy it? I just finished the trial and I would say definite "yes" to level 15, past that I don't know. I had ZERO problems getting people to do the missions with me like the Pravus Research mission and such.

I saw a lot of people asking for guilds and taking invites, I didn't do any guild shopping so dunno first hand.

What draws people, well enough of the negative right? All MMO's have their pros and cons. I think a lot of that event stuff is going on for the level cap players (I'm guessing, like most MMO's, they make up the bulk of players) But the game is a pretty fun action game. Up front, at first it really captures the atmosphere of a war going on. (it fades though as you realize nothing ever changes)

The 2 things I thought were done pretty good compared to the 90% fantasy rat grinders were: the missions. Even the low level ones where decent. And the Control Points. The low level ones have a lot of trial account people do them.

Dunno on servers, I played the Euro and it always had enough people on it (server conned yellowish)

All in all I can think of many  worse games to spend a weekend on. Just have fun with it.

IMHO, most people are just disappointed that the game was a little more then what it turned out to be. The old "what it coulda been" rather then what it is. I'm guilty of it also.