Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chaos tutors wanted

superechosuperecho Member Posts: 8

During Alpha test stage, most involved players have gained great knowledge of Chaos Onlie; and we also noticed many players were helping new players, and they did a lot in silence. However, as we are going to enter Close beta stage, more and more new players will join the community of Chaos and they might become lost or even unwelcomed. In that case, they will be in bad need of your help. In order to make your knowledge working best and create a pleasant and interactive environment in Chaos, we’ve decided to organize an event titled “Chaos Tutors” when Chaos closed beta starts. Now we are recruiting volunteers who are willing to become Tutors for new players of Chaos Online.

Rewards

As a Chaos Tutor you will have a special name which symbolizes your tutor status. We will add a [T] after your in game name, for example, John will be changed to John[T]. Each Tutor will also receive a special armor of your own class.

Upon completion of the shift, the Tutor will receive a Savvy stone or an Amethyst of his/her choice. Moreover, we also would like to sponsor 4 or 5 tutors who have Guild management experience to set up their own guild. At the end of the event, we will determine the best 3 Tutors and give them special surprise rewards.

Rules:

To become a tutor you must know the game well and enjoy helping people and making new friends.

There will be six 4-hour shifts every day (PST 0:00-400am, 4:00am-8:00am, 8:00am-12:00noon, 12:00-4:00pm, 4:00pm-8:00pm, and 8:00pm-12:00 midnight), and 2 tutors per shift. You must be punctual and stay during the majority time of your shift. Your job is to stay at Base 51 in Genotian or Myth Village in Natarian and perform the following duties:

a)Greet the new players

b) Add new players to be your friend

c) Answer any questions the new players might have for this game

d) Guide the new players to complete the newbie quests

e) Show the new players how to kill monsters, use skills, team, and so forth.

A GM might from time to time, check the Base 51 in Genotian or Myth Village in Natarian to see how the Tutor is performing. If a Tutor is not present during his/her shift, he/she might lose the Tutor status, and any rewards that are related to Tutorship. If you are assigned a shift but can not make it for any reason, please contact a GM ASAP or reply in the Tutor Schedule thread, so we can re-assign a new Tutor to cover the shift.

If you are interested in becoming a Chaos Tutor, please reply in the thread below, with your IGN and we will check your role details of alpha test. Once you are selected, a GM will contact you to ask for all your available days and time slots. We will fill up the times slots on a first-come-first-serve basis; then we will confirm your timeslot assignment. A confirmed schedule will be posted on the forum 1-2 days before Close beta start.

Comments

• bentlygreenbentlygreen Member Posts: 3

Btw I know Savvy Stones are the exp bonus stones from the mall, but what are the Amethyst that are refer too? Did you mean the memory crystals? Or is it something else?

Btw I have guild experience and I plan on making a guild. Id like to use an alt though for my shifts and guild so not to interfere with my main toon.. Thanks

• superechosuperecho Member Posts: 8

All you guys, thanks for your supporting on this.

I am telling you what a Amethyst is supposed to be. Amethyst is the item to increase success rate of crafting a perfect equipment to 100% when you already make it 94%. Amethyst has another name in alpha client. We have some item names been changed in the coming CB. To avoid these "new items" confusing you, I list them below:

Alpha Close Beta

SuperStone VioletGem

EliteSuperStone SuperVioletGem

DemonFetchStone Ruby

SensitiveStone Topaz

UpgradeGem Meteor

StarofGrowth Sapphire

StarLocker Amethyst

SkyRaceStone Seashell

EnergyStone Firerock

PowerStone BullGem

AgilityGem DeerGem

HealthGem WolfGem

WisdomGem OwlGem

CharmGem PandaGem

SlaughterGem DragonGem

MagicGem PhoenixGem

GuardianGem TurtleGem

Magic-freeGem KylinGem

PrecisionGem TigerGem

DexterityGem MonkeyGem

RageStone LionGem

Hey wait a minute there wasnt 12 gems in alpha.. There is no such thing as a charm gem atm.. is this something you guys are adding and just giving it a reference for the name in beta?? And btw i want a special prize.. Im the only person to have a full stack of level 5 rage gems in alpha..

• superdealersuperdealer Member Posts: 2

lol, i cant believe i overlooked that.... maybe charm gems only drop in the high lvls of the mines? lol ful stack of lvl 5 rage, crazy. i think i had enough total to make only like 3-4.

• pokerkingpokerking Member Posts: 5

This sounds quite original. I'm interested in this. Sign me up...

IGN: soulus

Times Available: whenever you put me on the list

Qualifications: Too much free time.

• pandawarriorpandawarrior Member Posts: 1

IGN: DracMorair/DracLeanus

Times Avail: Any

Qualifications: Free time galore like soulus See you there. As to the rest of them? Do you really need to ask?

• boycejiangboycejiang Member Posts: 1

ugh. i hope i have enough free time as you all when beta comes.... I have internship soon. But right NOW I have all the time in the world...

IGN: Hayze

And shifts from 8PM-12am are possible any days of the week..

• superdealersuperdealer Member Posts: 2

Is there gonna be some way to have a server based clock in the game??? Cause telling server time atm sucks. I just happen to know its on CST. this might make it very easy for people to get confused about their shifts and miss them..

• merryboymerryboy Member Posts: 1

As the person who was asking about awards for tutors, I feel that I have a duty to sign up to become a Chaos Tutor!!! lol

IGN:Stormcrow (My main NR character)

IGN:Blackbird (My Genotian character with guild leader experience)

As to the shifts I am available for, if I know in advance which shifts I will (possibly) be doing, I am sure I can cover most of them

• ChaosmuffinChaosmuffin Member Posts: 1

IGN: Chaosmuffin

Times Available: 5:00 Pm - 9:00 Pm Pacific Time GMT-8 Monday-Thursday. Friday 4:00 Pm - 8:00 Pm.

Qualifications: Spare time, Friendly and Helpful =)