Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Creative EAX option not clickable in User Settings - Why?

I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro PCI sound card. Yet I am unable to enable the Creative EAX option in the menu.

Any clues why? My friend is able to, but I am not. EAX is on in my Creative Audio Console. Can't figure this out. Is this a Vista issue?

Comments

• noon6noon6 Member UncommonPosts: 22

It is my understanding that Mythic disabled EAX for Vista users as it was causing crashes. It only is an option for those using XP at this time.

I hope this helps!

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Well, you know, EAX is a BRAND NEW technology, so devs are still learning how to use it. Give them a few months to read the documentation!

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

Thanks for the reply! I'll have to wait for them to throw that in there then. Looking forward to it.

• MyrdekMyrdek Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Annekynn

Well, you know, EAX is a BRAND NEW technology, so devs are still learning how to use it. Give them a few months to read the documentation!

Are you being sarcastic? EAX was released in 2001, Baldur's Gate has it 

• maddbomber83maddbomber83 Member Posts: 422
    Originally posted by Stellus

I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro PCI sound card. Yet I am unable to enable the Creative EAX option in the menu.
    Any clues why? My friend is able to, but I am not. EAX is on in my Creative Audio Console. Can't figure this out. Is this a Vista issue?

You're joking right?  Do a google search "Warhammer Online EAX" and I crap you not, the first 2 links are on the MMORPG forums where several posters (including myself) both explain the why and the how for this problem.

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by Myrdek

Originally posted by Annekynn

Are you being sarcastic? EAX was released in 2001, Baldur's Gate has it

Ofcourse im being sarcastic :) Its just pathetic that after 7+ years of having the technology out and multiple generations of sound cards and Mythic cant even get basic EAX working.

Imagine if they actually tried DX10 or PhysX...