It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I know the definiton is subjective, so in your opinion: What qualities are necessary for a perfect MMORPG?
If you want go into detail for each quality that is necessary, and explain what should be avoided.
I think my perfect MMO would have:
- More than just raiding or PvP. Like crafting, music, etc. You could have a character that only crafts, or one that only works on playing music, or you could have a character that does it all.
- Immersive world. Little to no loading screens, polished and detailed.
- Player creations. Players have a house somewhere in the world, guild forts, etc. Players could create their own items, or at least personalize their crafts.
- A lot of mini games or puzzles. These would be for many of the quests (think about the zelda games or whatever). You would also be able to do most of them with other players.
- Crafting: Could be done without ever having to fight, and you would be able to craft most things. Crafting would also have different mini games for each profession, and maybe even some games you could play with other people at the same time to craft.
- Focus on the story! The MMO of my dreams would have a huge focus on the story from the beginning of the game and until the last possible quest. There would be a lot of in game cinematic type things, and you would feel immersed in the story and would want to keep progressing just to see the story unfold.
- PvP: All PvP would be based on traditional groups (DPS, Healer, tank). You would have the option to progress by only doing PvP if you wanted, but it would be a little slower than PvE. There would also be mass PvP battles, and PvP area.
- PvE: There would be many dungeons to explore, interesting quests, and epic raids.
- Lots of emotes and player actions. There would be a lot of emotes in games or at least a few good ones, and there would be more than just walking around. Your character would be able to do things like dance, jump, crawl, etc.
- Decent graphics. They would have to be 3D, and they wouldn't have to be spectacular but good enough to look at and become immersed in the game world.
- Focus on community. There would be a reason for people to get together, and you wouldn't be losing out if you didn't get together, but you would be rewarded and possibly have more fun in groups.
- Gear wouldn't be that important. Gear would only have a slight increase on your performance in PvE or PvP. You would also be able to do both PvE and PvP in the same type of gear (there wouldn't be PvE only and PvP only gear). The game would be more skill based than anything.
Of course everything would have to be polished, and the combat system would have to be somewhat interesting. There would be more focus on just playing and having fun vs. getting bigger and better gear all of the time, and there would be a lot more then what I listed, and plenty of things to avoid but that would take me all day to write about
FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM