Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the saga of Ryzom

2»

Comments

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by Dienekes
    I'd agree that 16 hours is enough time to make an educated guess about the game.  I still don't understand how it is a cookie cutter game.  I wonder if people are so into just expecting what a game is that they don't really look for the new features?  I'd have to agree the combat can get kind of tedious though I think this game is trying to apeal to the exploring player.  image

"Feel free to hate me, but hate me for the right reasons."
    "Your still ignorant if you believe the first thing you see when the blindfold is removed."
    "Be smart enough to know I'm smarter than you."

New features just don't appeal to me when the game itself, sucks, from my play style.

You could play as an indian or human

• RathelonRathelon Member Posts: 20
    Is that a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Vakktn?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I see the MTV generation has decided this game is no good.

Y'all have spent more time saying the game is bad than you have spent playing it.

Sounds like a good reason for me to take a good long look at the game when it shows up on the store shelf.

---------
    Wu Name? Misunderstood Menace

"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    Thomas Jefferson

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ZaradisZaradis Member Posts: 241
    I won't be ignorant like some few here and detest the game within a few minutes of playing it, because i do in fact see great potentail in this game...but one thing is for sure "THIS GAME IS NOT READY FOR RELEASE" if it is release expect the death of it to come swiftly. I also have to agree that the combat is pretty boring  right now but i'll see if that changes as i go on and play. Also the game seems like it would have a great option for animal taming as there is plenty of animals every where of all different sorts...

Qoute: "I neva *ucked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?" Tony Montana

Qoute: "I neva *ucked anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?" Tony Montana

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Yes if they fixed many of the bugs and drastically improved the combat system then the game might have a good chance. But as is, going up against WoW and EQ2 in a state like this, who are they trying to kid?

--------------------

Played: Asheron's Call 1, Dark Age of Camelot, Earth & Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies
    Tested: Asheron's Call 1, Asheron's Call 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Eve Online, Lineage 2, Risk Your Life, Saga of Ryzom
    Uninstalled ASAP: MU Online, Knight Online, Rubies of Eventide, Priston Tales, Star Sonata, DarkSpace

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

OK Ive played ryzom for 7 months since Jan 24th this year. Now ive been in closed beta, Open Beta, FBT and the new Open beta.

Ive recently Left the game because for me it has become boring. And i didnt see enough improvement over the 3 months FBTing time to make me want to pay a monthly fee. Im giving them a break for 6 months so they can get the game in order etc.

I made a farewell post listing all the reasons why/whats wrong with the game for me here:

http://www.worldofryzom.com/showthread.php?t=1315

Be warned its quite long, about 30 odd points etc etc.

As For the Z Axis point you are right on the nail, there are no underground dungeons or mobs above each other. In fyros there are mobs which are 'below' you but if you fire a ranged weapon at them they instantly appear next to you so to answer your point NO there is no z axis period atm.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

• JohnnyVJohnnyV Member Posts: 124

just downloaded the beta...hope i like it, from the negative comments i have read, which seem to be bugs and combat, those things i think i can look past(being the type of gamer i am).....beating SMB when you were 4...wow....i was a slow child though