Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Question about AI...

DreakonDreakon Member Posts: 133

I love the idea of player run cities but if enough guilds make enough cities wont the game get a little crowded like UO is with player housing?  Are the player run cities all set in a different zone?

Comments

• CzeffyrCzeffyr Funcom Comm. ManagerMember Posts: 38

There are hundreds of city areas, spready throughout almost every playfield on Rubi-Ka. Two new playfields have also been added for cities only. Hopefully people will spread out, as we don't expect all areas to fill up, but I'm sure some playfields will be rather popular.

Players never do as devs plan for, so we won't know for sure until we see what the players do, but there's plenty of space between most city areas, so it'll be fully possible to get out of the streets and into the forests and deserts for some peaceful monsters whacking. :)

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

• BeldaroBeldaro Member Posts: 119

omg cz is here too? yikes, hope theyre not giving you any powers... Perhaps you get that if you pay enough advertising though ^^

AI is still in beta just like SL was when it was released, dont bother with it until like 4-5 months. Right now from reading the AO forums i can see aliens are not appearing, all experience is bugged so you cant save atm, land plots are too small, they have put the pricing on lands up to 200+ mil for small plots and 400+ for big uns, the monthly fee is 83% of that so you better be a richrich org... Ah yea the locked threads of guys losing items...

OH and dont forget that you get 20 exp per ubermob when you need 9k for just the first level... Just like SL launch they did a extreme nerf to slow the players down. But atleast this time they didnt give all the mobs 10x their normal HP, just some 13k nukes ^^

Have fun paying for beta-testing image

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    image                              Stealin n Lubing since 1976                              image

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Aliens are appearing, though not often enough. Some land spots (out of of 300) need to be made bigger. Cheapest areas cost well under 200 mill (closer to 20). I don't know about item loss, but I have seen one thread - one person zoning while not seeing his overflow window was open.

Not surprised by your presentation of it though, as I figure there's a reason you are afraid of me having any powers here. ::::02::

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

Oh, and you need 1500 Alien XP for the first "level" (alien title), not 9000. ::::35::

There are of course some things that need fixing and tweaking, and we're working on it. Some, like the lack of enough aliens, should be fixed before the weekend. ::::19::

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

• OnnidrahOnnidrah Member Posts: 56
    OMG AI totaly sux!!! give me old AO back whit SL!!

Onnidrah- Horizons
    Onnidrah- Neocron
    Onnidrah- Shatterd Galaxy
    Onnidrah- Ryzom
    Onnidrah- SWG (trail)
    Onnidrah- Runescape
    Onnireg- Earth & Beyond
    Regnerus2- Anarchy Online
    Onnidrah- Anarchy Online

Onnidrah- Horizons
    Onnidrah- Neocron
    Onnidrah- Ryzom
    Onnidrah- SWG
    Onnidrah- Runescape
    Onnireg- Earth & Beyond
    Onnidrah- Anarchy Online

• ghostsamanghostsaman Member Posts: 48

This game rules!  It's one of the greatest games I've ever played and now when Alien Invasion got released I think Anarchy Online will become even better, just like Funcom said ;) 

Anarchy Online needed this expansion because if you got high-level (I'm not and I never was) on AO you would do the same things you did the day before that day. So it would become kind of boring. Now that is just what I've heard... So fight against aliens and board their spaceships, create own towns and much more doesn't that sound like fun ?

I'm a low level and a noob on Anarchy Online but I still think it's one of the best games ever created...

• OnnidrahOnnidrah Member Posts: 56

lets say it this way i was at AO since lauch

i got 3x 220 alts and 1 has alrdy a org whit a city and gained a Alien lvl

i stil dont like this and then the pre-order: Pre order to get free leet pet's.

as first u most pay for then as 2nd u think i dont free order i just pay more for them

AO is getting SuXXoR!!

Onnidrah- Horizons
    Onnidrah- Neocron
    Onnidrah- Ryzom
    Onnidrah- SWG (trail)
    Onnidrah- Runescape
    Onnireg- Earth & Beyond
    Onnidrah- Anarchy Online

Onnidrah- Horizons
    Onnidrah- Neocron
    Onnidrah- Ryzom
    Onnidrah- SWG
    Onnidrah- Runescape
    Onnireg- Earth & Beyond
    Onnidrah- Anarchy Online

• spiritwolfspiritwolf Member Posts: 46

I made myself a brand new little Newblet so I could fully immerse myself in the 'massive' Alien Invasion, from the moment our shuttlecraft crashlands.

I must admit, the new beginners' Beach area is true eye-candy & the sounds just keep getting better. Some of the alien critters can be seen swimming; & we get to use our own swim skill as well, just to get to the actual playable island.

But sadly, that's about all I can say for what, right now, appears to be way overblown marketing hype. Whether you're completely new to AO, or just making a new char for the AI experience, it might be better to wait a bit longer & see how it goes. The content is sorely lacking. Where are ALL these promised aliens? Most of what we saw was little alien spiders, the usual droid-bots, etc. ZZzzzzzzz!

The only actual aliens coming from their support ship were ALL being fought by AO's own NPCs! I don't even want to know what prompted this stroke of 'genius' from behind the scenes. But I do know that there were a LOT of unhappy players (myself & many friends,included) wondering why ALL the really intense action in this latest expansion was being carried out between AI's NPCs! What kind of logic went into making your paying customers have to stand around & watch the real action taking place in such a non-playable manner? 

Yes, the graphics, animations, & sounds are greatly improving with each expansion. And I may be a little bit prejudiced hereimage, but we really do have the BEST mmorpg Player-Community! I've played DAoC, EQ, SWG, AE, etc. And the fact that Funcom really does listen to their loyal player/fanbase is to their credit. I can only hope that they listen to us now, & start madly tweaking AI, before we lose more good online players to other titles.

As for me & a lot of my friends (older & newer players,alike) ~ we all went back into the Shadowlands, where a very good time was had by ALL. Please go back to your drawing boards, AO 'Crew', & work on really delivering your promised great expansion. We, your loyal Rubi-Ka citizens, await the REAL Alien Invasion. image

Peace, spiritwolf 

• riva1riva1 Member Posts: 6

Cheers all,

Spiritwolf I couldn't agree more. You summed it up for all of us. Funcom, heed the sage advice from these posts, go back to the drawing board and work on delivering your way over hyped Alien Invasion.  What you gave us with yesterdays AI launch was sad, just sad. 

And while your at it please work on making it so real world friends can actually play on same server.  Nothing more frustrating then getting a group of friends together to play AO, only to to have to spend hours unsucessfully try to be together on same server at same time. 

Well, it's back to the Shadowlands for me and my friends as well.

Cya all in AO soon I hope.

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

Originally posted by Onnidrah
    lets say it this way i was at AO since lauch
    i got 3x 220 alts and 1 has alrdy a org whit a city and gained a Alien lvl
    i stil dont like this and then the pre-order: Pre order to get free leet pet's.
    as first u most pay for then as 2nd u think i dont free order i just pay more for them
    AO is getting SuXXoR!!Onnidrah- Horizons
    Onnidrah- Neocron
    Onnidrah- Ryzom
    Onnidrah- SWG (trail)
    Onnidrah- Runescape
    Onnireg- Earth & Beyond
    Onnidrah- Anarchy Online

who are your "3 220 alts and your 220 main?"

Maxxxi - Frostfell - Asherons Call 2

answer! omg :(

- Currently Not Playing any MMORPGS -

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Recent calculations on AI main forums estimates that a casual player would take 20-30 years to get 30 Alien levels. No one seem to be objecting to these numbers either so it is safe to say at least something is VERY wrong with AXP. Seeing so many people on a forum agreeing is scary, hehe.. On the other hand a truelly insane powerleveler could prolly do it in only 2-3 years.. image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Umbrood
    Recent calculations on AI main forums estimates that a casual player would take 20-30 years to get 30 Alien levels. No one seem to be objecting to these numbers either so it is safe to say at least something is VERY wrong with AXP. Seeing so many people on a forum agreeing is scary, hehe.. On the other hand a truelly insane powerleveler could prolly do it in only 2-3 years.. image
    i am sure they will fix it...
    right now i think its really screwed up, how they do the alien invasions...

- Currently Not Playing any MMORPGS -

Originally posted by Czeffyr

Aliens are appearing, though not often enough. Some land spots (out of of 300) need to be made bigger. Cheapest areas cost well under 200 mill (closer to 20). I don't know about item loss, but I have seen one thread - one person zoning while not seeing his overflow window was open.
    Not surprised by your presentation of it though, as I figure there's a reason you are afraid of me having any powers here. ::::02::
    Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

Seeing as the funcom forums are censored harder than Mtv during ceausescu rule im happy if you keep your thread-deleting fingers out of this forum.

Saying stuff like "Funcom deliberately inserted 'bugs' in SL to stop paying customers from realising the product was'nt even half-finished" would result in a dissapearing act not seen since roy poked his tiger once too many... (ok enough with the silly similarities already) image

image                              Stealin n Lubing since 1976                              image

Originally posted by Umbrood
    Recent calculations on AI main forums estimates that a casual player would take 20-30 years to get 30 Alien levels.
    Recent calculations on the AI main forums claimed that 1400/20 = 700. ::::02::

And the system is being tweaked. Check this week's patch(es).

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

Originally posted by Beldaro
    Saying stuff like "Funcom deliberately inserted 'bugs' in SL to stop paying customers from realising the product was'nt even half-finished" would result in a dissapearing act not seen since roy poked his tiger once too many... (ok enough with the silly similarities already)
    Yes, lies and slander are actually things we remove from our forums, and people who post such are not welcome. If you find that strange, I rest my case. ::::35::

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Well hopefully no sane person would believe FC intenitonally put bugs into the game, that aside and considering the track record so to speak reality is getting a bit strained in this presence, one would think that even by accident something would have gotten rigth by now.

It is not all at unbelievable that just randomly hitting a keyboard would produce LESS bugs then this. Therefore you can not blame people for at least speculating in such a scenario, one would be hard pressed to produce such horrible things like SL for example on puropose, even if the only intention was to drive people mad.

And yes recent calculations may be of, but not by that much. Seems to me the best way to lvl Alien levels is to kill spiders in new BY for like, ever.

Anyhow, I do think it will be fixed sooner or later, but this time around I am going to wait to see when, and if, things gets settled down before I jump aboard this ship again.

Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.

• primaloozeprimalooze Member UncommonPosts: 21

I am a relatively new player, lvl 110 Doc last i looked but not bad going as i only started 2 months ago.

I bought the AI expansion pack and must say i am very dissapointed. Unless you are in an org (a big org) its just not worth buying?

Having your own town sounds like a good idea.... in reality its really boring :(.. what you have is a play area with lots of big buildings that are the "towns"... the aliens appear outside and in the few alien raids i have been bothered to attend it was difficult to see how the aliens were actually attacking the town?

what seemed to happen, was that 30+ peeps standing around in a circle as the alien ships appeared... then about 3 or 4 aliens appeared and culled off the lowest 10% of the gathered players in 1 hit... my lvl 110 Doc was just standing on the spot healing himself.... no time to do anything else untill the lvl 200+ characters killed them all...

This was repeated 3 or 4 times until an Alien general appeared.... an lvl 220 enforcer tanked him with 4 lvl 200 docs/mps providing him with healing.. the general went down pretty easy...i dont think the enforcer went below 80% health...

Then a miracle happened... a message popped saying i had been chosen to raid the mothership.... so i dived into the beam of light and appeared on the Ship............. on my own :(

After panic, another character came through... an MP from my clan... lvl 120.... then that really was it.... all the gathered lvl 200 characters had been invited into a different ship and me and the MP were left to do it on our own...... needless to say we died at the first aliens we encountered.

so it seems that if you actually want to to take part in a Alien ship raid you need to be lvl 180+, or by some miracle have a full team of similar lvl characters with you (assuming they don't get killed by the overpower aliens outside, actually get chosen or or one of the many other variables that make the whole exercise a waste of time)

so i thought i would roll up an alt and hit the new starter area.... great fun... untill i reached lvl 5 and was advised to leave the started area and head to the subway for some old fashion RK fun....?... those 5 lvls took up all of 30 mins of my life..... was it really worth it?

Apart from that i havn't even seen any aliens elsewhere?..... 99% of RK is completly devoid of aliens in my view.... you certainly won't see any if you arent in a org with a town, unless you want to camp out and hope you bump into some attacking someone elses town.

Also... i cant get over why they call them town/cities... they just seem to be big tower blocks... i cant understand why anyone who isnt in your org would ever go there?.... I would have likedto see cities like AO, Borealis etc being attacked.

definatly not worth buying? at least for me...SL is a much better expansion, plenty of quests and things to do...all the quests that i have seen that are new with AI seem to have nothing to do with aliens?

I havn't seen any bugs yet though, apart from lagimage

I am just really hoping i am missing something with this new content as it seems to be aimed at the highest lvl players only

• NoubourneNoubourne Member Posts: 349

A lot of the ideas they had when AO was originally released were really good, and really buggy. Eventually, a lot of the bugs got worked out (not all, but a lot). To the point where the game was quite playable at almost every level, and there was always something to do (if you like raiding and character advancement, if not, go play some other kind of game). So at first people were complaining, a lot (me included), and after a while, a long while, people stopped complaining so much, because mostly it was a great game (always was underneath).

Shadowlands was released. Guess what? Same thing. At first people complained a lot, didn't get stuff, found bugs, whatever. Now I see some veterans saying that they don't like AI, and they're GOING BACK to SL to play there instead. Funny, they said they hated SL and were going back to RK when SL came out. Heh.

Now AI is here, brand-spankin' new, and guess what?.... If you can't figure it out, you shouldn't be playing ANY MMO. Funcom does a pretty good job (not great, but not bad either) of following up on complaints and fixing major game-breaking bugs. Plus they have a really good game underneath, which can't be said for all games (*cough* SWG *cough*). If you guys don't like it so much, then quit. When you find a better game, let us know.

I just don't get whiners. Post something constructive. If it is ignored, then say so, but keep posting it till it either catches on or someone gives you a good reason it won't be changed in that way. These petty AO sux people clearly have no perspective on MMOs. Their ever-changing nature makes them bug-ridden, and if developers fix the vast majority of the bugs and make them playable and FUN, then they are doing a pretty good job.

I have yet to play an MMO where they are doing a GREAT job of fixing bugs AND providing new content consistently, and I am a WoW tester. Get some perspective.

Habit is not to be flung out the window by any man, but coaxed down the stairs one step at a time. - Mark Twain

Originally posted by Czeffyr

Originally posted by Beldaro
    Saying stuff like "Funcom deliberately inserted 'bugs' in SL to stop paying customers from realising the product was'nt even half-finished" would result in a dissapearing act not seen since roy poked his tiger once too many... (ok enough with the silly similarities already)

Yes, lies and slander are actually things we remove from our forums, and people who post such are not welcome. If you find that strange, I rest my case. ::::35::

Thomas "Cz" Johnsen
    Community Manager
    Funcom

So why wasnt the monster-attacks for inferno mobs included in a patch until about 3 months after release? If fc had let ppl into inferno they would have met mobs just standing there looking silly, if there even was mobs placed at that time... Some of the later quest-bugs in penumbra were just stupid and felt alot like intentional sphinxters to slow players down, the monster-attacks in patch kinda gave you away...

but whatever im not playing, FC can screw their customers over as much as they want...