Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help (to anyone who knows stuff about files/internet on computer)

Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Well, today while I was doing my homework, my friend Joey thought that it might be a good idea to look up po*n on my computer as a little prank. Things got serious when a couple of virus TRIED to enter my computer. He called me and he told me what happed. I was pissed imageimage and now I have problems with my NEW computer.

I did a virus check and it found like 6 adware and 1 virus and they were put away but thats not the problem. First of all:

- My back and forth arrows at the toolbar are not showing up (meaning I can't press them and their not in color)

- There were a couple of se* sites in my Favorites folder but i took care of them by deleating them

- I can't click my start button nor the mimized windows (I will restart my computer once im done with this message to see if it solves the problem) by the Start.

- THE MAJOR PROBLEM IS: When I open Internet Explorer, (my home page is www.yahoo.com) it shows in the toolbar but it dosen't go to the site, It says page not found then 2 sec later this site comes up: http://ssearch.biz/?wmid=1010  So I know that it can't find the site but I beleive that it's just a false information when it shows that just to make the site above pop up, becuase when I can type in yahoo and go right to the site.

I tried deleating my cookies and temporary internet files but nothing works. I can't find help no where and this happend to my dad computer and I get really aggravated with it.

So can someone please help me out and I will do anything I can to repay you.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
|
RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Comments

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

rofl y the hell would you look at p0rn on a brand new comp...now that is just foolish lol

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• XionorXionor Member Posts: 36

Watching virus-filled pron sites is a great way to test a brand new PC....image

Anyway

1st. Get Norton Antivirus and scan for viruses

2nd. Get Ad-Aware and scan for Spyware

3rd. If all of this doesn't help, try reinstalling Windows.

4rd. If that doesn't help either, format your HDD image

P.S. To download Ad-Aware and Norton, look them up in Google

Oh and, tell me if you have Service Pack 2. If you do , i can tell you of a temporary solution to the Internet Explorer problem.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Xionor

Watching virus-filled pron sites is a great way to test a brand new PC....image
    Anyway
    1st. Get Norton Antivirus and scan for viruses
    I use the program
    2nd. Get Ad-Aware from
    It can check for Ad-Aware
    3rd. If all of this doesn't help, try reinstalling Windows.
    I'm not doing that . . .
    4rd. If that doesn't help either, format your HDD image
    ????
    P.S. To download Ad-Aware and Norton, look them up in Google

and please, no joking becuase I'm in a really bad mood becuase of this . . .image

|

he said reinstall windows or reformat your harddrive , right click on ur HDD and click format to reformat it.

Ur problem seems pritty bad doesnt look like theres much you can do besides reinstalling windows and if that desnt fix it (which it should) reformat ur hdd

Rikimaru, do you have Service Pack 2?

Oh and, by Formatting your HDD, i mean FORMAT YOUR HARD DRIVE!! BURN..i mean , ERASE IT ALL!!

Originally posted by nooblet

he said reinstall windows or reformat your harddrive , right click on ur HDD and click format to reformat it.

Ur problem seems pritty bad doesnt look like theres much you can do besides reinstalling windows and if that desnt fix it (which it should) reformat ur hdd

But wouldn't that cause some problems . . . . . .

their has to be another way . . .

|

Originally posted by nooblet

HAHA! nooblet, he CANT format from Windows!! :P

Just use the WinXP install CD! Start installing windows onto the current partion, and just ignore the messages , and continue. When it asks you to format, chose to format in either FAT32 or NTFS(i recommend FAT32 for smaller hard drives and NTFS for bigger)

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

THE MAJOR PROBLEM IS: When I open Internet Explorer, (my home page is www.yahoo.com) it shows in the toolbar but it dosen't go to the site, It says page not found then 2 sec later this site comes up: http://ssearch.biz/?wmid=1010  So I know that it can't find the site but I beleive that it's just a false information when it shows that just to make the site above pop up, becuase when I can type in yahoo and go right to the site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Browser Hijacker (dont have the specific site, google it) and it will find out what 3rd party programs are messing with your internet, and you can kill them.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Just use the WinXP install CD! Start installing windows onto the current partion, and just ignore the messages , and continue. When it asks you to format, chose to format in either FAT32 or NTFS(i recommend FAT32 for smaller hard drives and NTFS for bigger)

Wouldn't I lose all my infomation? I i would then it's way too much of a risk.

|

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X
    Just use the WinXP install CD! Start installing windows onto the current partion, and just ignore the messages , and continue. When it asks you to format, chose to format in either FAT32 or NTFS(i recommend FAT32 for smaller hard drives and NTFS for bigger)Wouldn't I lose all my infomation? I i would then it's way too much of a risk.

save all yur crap to a disk.

I would suggest trying a system restore (control panel > Performance & Maintenance > System Restore)

Originally posted by rathma

THE MAJOR PROBLEM IS: When I open Internet Explorer, (my home page is www.yahoo.com) it shows in the toolbar but it dosen't go to the site, It says page not found then 2 sec later this site comes up: http://ssearch.biz/?wmid=1010  So I know that it can't find the site but I beleive that it's just a false information when it shows that just to make the site above pop up, becuase when I can type in yahoo and go right to the site.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download Browser Hijacker (dont have the specific site, google it) and it will find out what 3rd party programs are messing with your internet, and you can kill them.

Hello noobsville!! :P
    He just said he CANT open any pages and i know he cant because i had a similiar "virus" not long ago!!!  The only thing he CAN do now, is either re-install windows and immediatly get Norton and Ad-Aware , or format his hard drive. Though if he is VERY lucky, and has Norton or Ad-Aware on an FTP , he's saved ;)

EDIT : System Restore wont get him anywhere. The spyware and the virus(if there is one...) will still be there and infect againt at first possibility. And many people like me acutally have System Restore turned off.....it's crap and just takes space. It cant save you from anything..

Someone can send him browser hijacker. Thats what i did when i couldn't get onto my browser.

• threetwosixthreetwosix Member UncommonPosts: 85
    go to start/run then type msconfig...go to the startup tab and uncheck anything that doesn't look like it belongs.  In most cases, the things that don't belong won't have a full path in the "path" column.  That should take care of your IE problem at least, if not the rest.  Be sure to restart afterwards to save the changes.  If that doesn't work, I suggest following the others advice and formatting/restoring your computer.  If you bought a preconfigured PC, such as Dell or HP, it should come with a restore disk.  Just throw that in the drive and follow the prompts.  If not, it's a much longer process.  I'll be glad to help if you need it.  Drop me a message with your email addy.

you will need to backup any important info such as game saves, character ini, and any other files you will need again.  Be sure to virus scan them before putting them back on your PC.  After restoring/formatting, reinstall virusscan and any firewall you may be using first, then go directly to update windows.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Sounds like the same little bug I had and I hate to say it but you are outta luck with this one.  I had that big ass bug and the only way I could remove was to format and reinstall.  I tried 5 different spyware tools, 3 different anti-virus programs, deleting registry files, etc, etc, etc.  It is a coolweb search variant, and it sucks it sucks it sucks!

The worst thing is that you actually seem like you get rid of it and then BAM it is back.  The main problem is the dll file associated with it.  It constantly changes its name and it is dam near impossible to get rid of, especially if you have system restore on.  Just format, reinstall and then kick your horny pron surfing friends a$$ for screwing up your new pc.

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

--------------------------------------------

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Joey.. so is that what you call your.. umm.. well you know. ::::31::::::31::::::31:: (sorry couldn't resist)

Anyway, if its a new computer you probably don't have much on it, so I would just format the HDD.

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

Originally posted by jimothypetro
    Joey.. so is that what you call your.. umm.. well you know. ::::31::::::31::::::31:: (sorry couldn't resist)Anyway, if its a new computer you probably don't have much on it, so I would just format the HDD.----------------------------------

ahahhahahah LOL ahhhh that was great.

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047

or u can download avg thats what i have its the best i think later on after you run a full test you can choose to delete the files or TRY to cure them somehow some viruses cant be cured with the program also it automaticly upgrades to keep up to date.

please dont say $#!+ about my post this is the only anti-virus system i use so i wouldnt know about other anti-virus systems or what they can do.

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

What the hell is up with people recommending Norton Anti Virus? The day that thing catches an actual virus and deletes it is the day my farts smell like flowers and all women walk around naked.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

1. Use their free system scan through your internet browser

2. www.avast.com <--- Use that.

3. Password protect your computer

4. Beat the hell out of your "friend."

• Lost9999Lost9999 Member Posts: 7
    Go to google and search for Toolbar Cop. It's freeware and will take care of you problem. I agree with Drakaeon, Avast is the best antivirus software plus it's free. If you can't find toolbar cop just PM me. 

I alreday fixed it . . . on my own . . .

Thanks a lot guys . . . .image

*gets hit with sleeping dart*

imageimageimageimageimageimagezzz zzz zzz

|