Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

in-game advertising

Has anyone else seen this yet? I saw a billboard the other day that caught my eye. I can't recall what it was for (Nike? Skechers? Timex?), but it was something that wasn't part of CoX. I had to double back and take another look to confirm that I did indeed see what I saw. "What's that doing here? Oh, yeah..."

Thoughts? Observations?

-------------
The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.

Comments

• OSF8759OSF8759 Member Posts: 284

Ads were added to the game as an additional source of revenue.  They are optional, and can be turned off in the Options menu.  So far, I myself don't mind them, though seeing the same exact one everywhere is somewhat annoying, and I haven't seen any of the community created images we were promised on live yet.

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

I havent seen any of those and quite honestly, if you're not looking for those you won't find em.

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
    -Yes.

• pamkhatpamkhat Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 39

I've seen one and it was for a cellphone.  I probably wouldn't have noticed it but I was looking for one out of curiousity.  I haven't seen one since though.  Unless Snooper Troopers counts...

I write things for the Examiner as the MMO Examiner.

• jackieccjackiecc Member Posts: 5

I haven't seen it,either..in my memory...