Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some thoughts

VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Reading the forums here at mmorpg and other forums there seem to be a huge lack of decent ffa pvp mmo games. Those who like pvp does not seem to find a game designed for their needs.Well I have to say that this is not a problem for pvp people only but most players find lot of stuff missing in their current game.People who like endgame raiding do hate the grind it takes to reach max level so you can start the raiding grind instead,those who love pvp cant stand the fact that not all players want pvp in the game and most of the content is non pvp.Those who like to play alone or in small groups seldom find anything to do in today mmo's.I'm not sure how to solve this conflict of interest.For exampel a player who mostly playes alone or in a small group has no change to get decent loot ever.If you ask why, you get the ansver well it is easy to play solo dont expect to find any decent loot! Imo this is very incorrect, killing stuff soko is very much harder than doing it in groups or raids.To solve this would be best if we got an ingame engine that realy would count how much risk you take in every counter.For pvp versus pve I'm not sure how to solve the loot problem(in most games you get pionts where you can buy uber stuff for and imo that is not fair when you go play pve).Maybe the best way would be to make 3 different kind of games one for pvp other for raid and third for people who like to play solo or in small groups pve.  Lot of pvp gamers are looking forward to Darkfall now and I realy hope that game will live up to their hopes. But there is a backside of it and that is,not many gamers who dislike pvp will buy the game and those are many.Same would go for a game designed for raids only not many would buy it,as now many people join raids in their game as a consiquence of reaching the endgame.I belive that any successfull game must have very good pve and solo small group content or they will have to live with a limitet player base.You can point at wow and say that game hase few levels of grinding then it is all raids or pvp,but wow had very differant launch from any other game becouse they did open a new world for millions of people that never heard of mmo games earlyer,and now it is cult. Well guys lets just hope that the game of our dreams soon hit the shelfs:-))

Enjoy your games folks.

sorry misspellings

Comments

• TrissaTrissa Member Posts: 251

Not trying to offend you Vidir. But your post will be more readable and understandable if you can separate some paragraphs instead of having all the write together.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Sorry im just depressed and drunk and cant find any cool game to play:-)

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

Nice post Vdir.

I join your force .

Raid should be incorporated at lower levels also.

Grind should be made into quests and leveling should be made into parts giving different tiers.

Change of profession should be incorporated so as you can keep a level 50 profession A or just level the level 50 toon with solo and party quests and have a job change and keep your level 50 of profession B. This will incorporate job changing as also questing and the grind will not only get levels but make you see other professions too. Many professions should be locked and the only way to get there is through playing and not through the screen just after logging in .

PvP gamers should get crafting grind too so as PvPing without crafting becomes impossible and hence the crafters should reap rewards for their items too.

WoW actually brought in lot of player involvement among each other. Anarchy Online at one point of time brought in something similar also and team gaming with all the hardest bosses that needs proper team synchronizations are what makes Mmos.

I do beg your pardon but soloing in an mmo is kind of a weird idea for me as there are tons of better solo games in CDs.

Mmo should be all about coordination and teaming and questing and Bosses and Player versus Player mass scale wars and guild involvements and collecting stuff for crafting special items for guild members.

If you go through the successful games for example City Of Heroes you will see it has a lot of team content and the better stuff is always into group effort.

Mmos should also have deep character customization making special characters with special combination of skills and those special characters should look very dissimilar.

Nowadays so many characters look like the other similar characters of same profession and hence we have a game world full of clones and it is sometimes hard to find your character at a glance.

Uptill now I have found the incorporation of tailoring as in City of Heroes, the buffing of Anarchy Online and the content of WoW with the PvP idea of Shadowbane almost as intoxicating as it gets. The pets of Perfect World, the time bound hiring of mounts as in Rappelz, the teleportation ideas dependent on stones or licenses with the social housing and voting parts the most intriguing in a Mmo.

This will not be easy for a single game to cater all this attribute but then again impossible spells out “ I AM POSSIBLE “ and thus we may always keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best outcome in FUTURE.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

Originally posted by Vidir

Why not try some P2P trials and see the game and feel the pulse ?

Runes Of Magic Beta is also a nice idea .

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Originally posted by Vidir

Geez!

Drunk For Lack Of A Proper mmo , Nice One , JK.........

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi