Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The doom-sayers are n00bs to MMO's, this is a BETTER game than WoW and isn't going to die.

13»

Comments

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

" those who are whiny little spoiled babies, newbies to MMO, epic failers at life will flock back to WoW for their EZ-Mode instant-reward children's game "

Who is a child??

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• eldanlocoeldanloco Member Posts: 210

Older MMOs in their golden age  > WAR > Tibia > a slap in the face > AIDs > WoW

--------------------------------
    Darkfall: December or vaporware!

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

If by better you mean easier, then you are spot on. This game is easy mode even for easy-moders. The game already losing a good amount of people. Its like a ghost town now.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by Tomarru

I don't play WoW, never have, it looks every bit as hideous as WAR but i had made friends that decided to try WAR and i decided to tag along and actually had fun at the beginning.

Right now i have no MMO subs because the good ones either do not exist anymore (SWG pre-cu, thank god emus are coming) or are infact shit (WoW). The thing is the MMO market seems to have reached this plateau where they are all derivative or further scaled back than what came before so what was once huge potential is nothing more than the next grind fest with less content than the grind fest that came before.

Why even bother posting about a game you have never played?  At least try the damn thing before you run off to impress all the cool kids and regurgitate their opinions.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787
    Originally posted by meltphaces

There is a lot of doom-saying on message boards, because the people who are here, and at VN, and wardb posting regularly are NOT playing the game, they're on a forum conplaiming about things rather than enjoying the game.  I'm only posting here now because the servers are down for the 1.04 patch maintenence. The game is not "dying", you simply see more negative posts because most of the  people enjoying it are out there enjoying it, not trolling forums with talk of impending doom. Also, subscription numbers never remain = to the amount of boxes sold, some % of people are inevitably going to stop playing it in the first month for various reasons, same happened with WoW and it didn't start becoming massive until well over a year+ after release and after they launched international versions of the game.. you realize that if they didn't have the game in China and central america now it would cut WoW's population by 1/3 or more, don't you?
    Oh right so all the negative feedback about WAR is being posted by people that dont play the game and all the positive feedback is heard less because they are too busy playing the game 24/7? Oh really? How convenient. So I suppose that twisted non-existent logic can be applied to any bad game then.
    I havent seen many people saying that WAR is dieing. However I have seen a lot of people saying that it sucks and is basicly just a watered-down version of WoW with some meaningless PvP options thrown in. Crap games can last for many many years though especially when the choice of other games to play is very limited.
    Now, a lot of people point to xfire as their source for the game's population drop.. thats crap. Percentage-wise, a lot less people playing WAR use xfire  compared to people playing WoW. Reason being: WAR is far more intensive on your system even on all minimum settings, you can run 4 instances of WoW on a good PC today but only 1 of WAR. Hence, not nearly as many players are not going to willingly run an extra program like xfire to monitor their playtime. can't afford to waste system resources on that with a more intensive game, i'll never use xfire but I plan to play WAR for a long time.
    No but it can give a rough indication of the games population and also how many players are leaving WAR and going off to play something else. Sure its not totally accurate of course. Time will tell that one.
    As for the game itself, yeah there are bugs still, and some class balancing needs to be done, and PvE content needs to be expanded, as well as ORvR incenties, but don't you see they're working on it and its coming? They're making updates and fixes to the game almost every other day, this company listens to its players and makes changes according to the overall feedback vs. Blizzard who now that they've polished the game, only listens to the almighty dollar and turned WoW into a CHILDRENS'S GAME, that since TBC launch  has been incresingly dumbed down to accomodate for a wider yet less intelligent player base.
    Yeah WAR is an incomplete product like every mmo near launch. It has its share of bugs and its missing classes and missing cities. However they can fix the game as much as they like but they will never be able to fix their terrible game design.
    So WoW is a childrens game? Thats interesting considering that you are currently playing WoW2 and its even easier to play than the original one! There is even less thought required in WoW2.......the game constantly rewards you for doing virtually nothing. I have met a 7 year old who has two level 70 characters in WoW.......I guess WAR has lowered the age requirement to 3
    Bottom line, this game is not going to die, after the WOTLK/LOTRO/EQ2 competition comes and goes people will come back to WAR and I predict this game will slowly gain people over time as it expands in content and replayability. Those who enjoy it will stay and see the game improve over time, those who are whiny little spoiled babies, newbies to MMO, epic failers at life will flock back to WoW for their EZ-Mode instant-reward children's game, and then quit that again the next time something new comes out.
    Yeah of course they will. Many people have left WAR and gone back to WoW. Why would they go back to WoW2 later when there are other games that will be coming out and attracting peoples attention?
    MMO's are about dedication both in the commitment to building your characters and the commitment to playing a game for longer than a month at a time to really get a feel for it and help influence the changes that come. MMO's are essentially live-beta tests, they need lots of people playing them and giving feedback in order to fix bugs and balance classes better. You can't expect the game to be as polished at launch as a game that has been released for 4 years and is live-beta tested by millions of people daily.. that's crazy, of course its going to take time to work everything out.  You people quitting and bashing it after a month or less of playing are such a pathetic example of todays 'on-demand' society though, you take this childish stance of "i'll play this new game for 1 month and one month only, and if its not 100% tailored to my every need and demand by then, I QUIT!"'.
    Well I am helping to influence the changes that come by not supporting the paid beta testing of such a poor product as WAR. Many others are doing the same. Hopefully that way we wont see more simplistic crappy games like WAR coming out and maybe devs might actually put a bit more thought into their game design.
    Actually I CAN expect an mmo to be polished at launch because I pay money for a fully working product not an incomplete one. However I do realise that it has become the accepted thing to pay a monthly fee to beta test unfinished online games and I dont neccessarily point the finger at WAR about this to the exclusion of any other game. However I quit playing WAR and refuse to support it with any of my money because I think it is a shit game and even with a years worth of extra work it will always be WoW2 - The Kiddies War and thats just not a game for me. My money will go in the direction of another games company.
    You however can continue to be a paying beta-tester for WoW2 and in doing so you are supporting lazy developers who just want to cash in on WoWs success by releasing shitty WoW clones.
    If you're one of those types, MMO's really arent for you, find a different hobby, and see a doctor for some ADHD medicine.
    You're an idiot. WAR is one game and is not indicative of the entire genre.....and thank god it isnt because its shit.
    Oh......I almost forgot to say the obligatory "in my opinion" bit. How thoughtless of me lol
    Now get back to beta testing WoW2 you silly little child.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    Originally posted by rbroussa

Originally posted by Dilweed

Originally posted by Meridion

Most are just stating that it has serious flaws at the moment, population and balancingwise. For many many people this is not a gamebreaker, but for many it is. So basically, if you enjoy the game, why do you care for population numbers? They don't mean s**t, one healthy populated server is enough to make a game fun.

It is not enough if you want content updates. Maybe some players can do without but many can't

Content update? The game is just over a month old. Name one game that has had a major content update in the first month? They are at least constantly fixing issues and trying to balance the scenario vs. RVR issues people are complaining about. With the upcoming server transfers they are at least giving people the option to find a new home with more players. They have already announced a couple of the missing classes and other content in December. The game if far from perfect believe me I know, I crash to the log in screen at least once every 30 minutes. But for anyone complaining about a lack of content updates you obvioulsy have not played many games, most who give free content updates do it every 3-6 months depending on the devs. I will be canceling myself until December in hopes that the bugs are fixed and the servers shake out. And Azrile is it your mission in life to troll EVERY game on this site, you are a pitiful shell of a person to comment on every thread on the forums how your game WOW is so much more supeior than any said MMOs. What a coward you use a however old game, WOW, to put down new and improving games.

LotRO - Shores of Evendim, one completely new zone, raid instances, sets and customization options. early June, release was late April 2007...

I'm no LotRo fanboy though, it's a "love it or hate it"-game, but they DID have a stable start and a stable population curve of dedicated PvE/RP players. WAR did not have either, it is technically ok, serverpark ok, but balancing and population issues make this release mediocre at best; so they HAVE to fix now, practically on a daily basis.

M

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787
    Originally posted by Roguewiz

You really can't say with certainty that WAR won't die, nor can you say it will beat WoW.  There are people that are saying WAR is dead/dying.  However, most of these people are fanbois of WoW or didn't play WAR.  Of the people that have played WAR and are complaining, most of it is in regards to some flaws the game has.  These flaws are being corrected as fast as Mythic can test and release hotfixes.  Overall the game is solid.  It had a wonderful start coming out the gate, probably the best release to date or one of them.
    Server Population is the major flaw in this game.  33 NA Core Servers, 8 RP Servers, 4 RvR servers (off the top of my head).  Honestly, is it really necessary to have 8 RP servers?  Isn't 33 NA Core servers a little excessive?  Mythic probably over compensated and opened too many.  This is the cause of the server inbalances.  While a healthy population can make the game fun for those on that server, an imbalance can destroy the game for people not on those servers.  As such, people are either quitting or switching to other servers.  When this is done, more inbalances happen.
    I think the average player in WAR that is still playing, have become jaded with the current state of the MMO market.  WoW dominates.  Dominates too much in fact.  I know, at least for my guild, these players are PvPers.  They enjoy meaningful PvP that is fun.  To them, and me, WoW is not that.  I think this is why we tolerate WAR more; we simply don't want to go back to WoW.
    WAR WILL die if it doesn't correct the server inbalances, which they are working on via transfers sometimes this week or next.

I did not leave WAR because of its bugs or flaws. I left it because it is a totally pointless game that really is just a watered down version of WoW. It has actually had a very stable launch but the reason for this is because Mythic has played it as safe as any developer possibly could. How can this game possibly "beat WoW" when it emulates it so closely? A copy cannot compete with the original.......the original will always be superior. However if Mythic had decided to use their imagination and actually had not focused so heavily on trying to appeal to WoW fans with their product then they might have had more of an impact. The mmo genre needs something new and WAR doesnt deliver that......it just delivers more of the same.

But as you said many people are bored with WoW. So what does Mythic go and do? Yeah thats right they release another game that plays exactly like it. Oh but its REALLY different this time because now all of its players can "choose" to fight over some meaningless keeps in a barren RvR area if they want to or fight endless repetitive battles in yet more mini battlegrounds.......or they can just ignore the whole war thing and just grind away at the PvE rubbish in the same way that they have done in WoW for years. WAR isnt an RvR game. Its a PvE game with "optional" RvR in it.

You said the players in your guild enjoy meaningful PvP? Then why the hell are they playing WAR? Oh yeah thats right its because its the ONLY playable PvP game around apart from EvE. Just because its the only new option apart from a a space game doesnt mean its a good one.

Yes Mythic should shut down a lot of its servers because its pretty clear that there arent going to be a hell of a lot of people interested in it. Thats not to say that it will die of course. It will do about as well as any other mediocre mmo that has come out before it. At least WAR has opened the doorway a bit for PvP games. Maybe sometime over the next few years a decent one will get made.

• LisakaLisaka Member Posts: 31

ok, think what you want....it might be elf. I don't really care since I played it to lvl 14 and continued on my bright wizard. IF there is database somewhere you can find my chars on Karak Azgal - NIghtwhisp (tank), Lisi (Bright Wizard).

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    Originally posted by neonwire

You really can't say with certainty that WAR won't die, nor can you say it will beat WoW.  There are people that are saying WAR is dead/dying.  However, most of these people are fanbois of WoW or didn't play WAR.  Of the people that have played WAR and are complaining, most of it is in regards to some flaws the game has.  These flaws are being corrected as fast as Mythic can test and release hotfixes.  Overall the game is solid.  It had a wonderful start coming out the gate, probably the best release to date or one of them.
    Server Population is the major flaw in this game.  33 NA Core Servers, 8 RP Servers, 4 RvR servers (off the top of my head).  Honestly, is it really necessary to have 8 RP servers?  Isn't 33 NA Core servers a little excessive?  Mythic probably over compensated and opened too many.  This is the cause of the server inbalances.  While a healthy population can make the game fun for those on that server, an imbalance can destroy the game for people not on those servers.  As such, people are either quitting or switching to other servers.  When this is done, more inbalances happen.
    I think the average player in WAR that is still playing, have become jaded with the current state of the MMO market.  WoW dominates.  Dominates too much in fact.  I know, at least for my guild, these players are PvPers.  They enjoy meaningful PvP that is fun.  To them, and me, WoW is not that.  I think this is why we tolerate WAR more; we simply don't want to go back to WoW.
    WAR WILL die if it doesn't correct the server inbalances, which they are working on via transfers sometimes this week or next.

I did not leave WAR because of its bugs or flaws. I left it because it is a totally pointless game that really is just a watered down version of WoW. It has actually had a very stable launch but the reason for this is because Mythic has played it as safe as any developer possibly could. How can this game possibly "beat WoW" when it emulates it so closely? A copy cannot compete with the original.......the original will always be superior. However if Mythic had decided to use their imagination and actually had not focused so heavily on trying to appeal to WoW fans with their product then they might have had more of an impact. The mmo genre needs something new and WAR doesnt deliver that......it just delivers more of the same.

But as you said many people are bored with WoW. So what does Mythic go and do? Yeah thats right they release another game that plays exactly like it. Oh but its REALLY different this time because now all of its players can "choose" to fight over some meaningless keeps in a barren RvR area if they want to or fight endless repetitive battles in yet more mini battlegrounds.......or they can just ignore the whole war thing and just grind away at the PvE rubbish in the same way that they have done in WoW for years. WAR isnt an RvR game. Its a PvE game with "optional" RvR in it.

You said the players in your guild enjoy meaningful PvP? Then why the hell are they playing WAR? Oh yeah thats right its because its the ONLY playable PvP game around apart from EvE. Just because its the only new option apart from a a space game doesnt mean its a good one.

Yes Mythic should shut down a lot of its servers because its pretty clear that there arent going to be a hell of a lot of people interested in it. Thats not to say that it will die of course. It will do about as well as any other mediocre mmo that has come out before it. At least WAR has opened the doorway a bit for PvP games. Maybe sometime over the next few years a decent one will get made.

I've always loved the "its another <insert game here>".  Newsflash: WoW had the same problem of being compared to EQ!  Look where WoW is now?  There are certain fundamental things that CANNOT be changed in traditional MMOs, without alienating the MMO market.  Kill X mob, run to this location, loot this many items.  These are engrained into our genre now.  Everything WoW has was taken from other games, which those games took from other games, which those games took from Dungeons and Dragons and MUDs.  Despite all this, you argue that WAR is another WoW?  WAR is another MMO that is trying to compete with WoW, thats it.  You're doing the same thing that everyone else does; you're comparing the game to the most popular game, or the game you enjoyed the most.  How can something compete like that?

RVR Areas are barren because of:

#1:  WoW mentality of "its easier to run scenarios/Battlegrounds".  WoW has the same problem.  Their "open world PvP areas" are barren.  You'll occasionally see some people trying to take Halaa, but that's rare.  Mythic is trying to make RvR more beneficial by changing the mechanics and increasing the renown earned.  Until players realize that you can't do the "end game" unless you take keeps, then this won't change.  Do you know what the problem is?  The people that complain the loudest about scenarios and how much RvR sucks, are playing this game like it IS another PvE game.

#2:  Meaningless keeps and repetitive battles?  Keeps are by far meaningless.  Unless you control all the keeps in T4, you can't advance the war effort to take their city.  This is the purpose of the keeps.  Scenarios are repetitive because people choose to make them that.  If you endlessly grind away scenarios because you don't RvR, of course you're going to get bored.  Not every server has this problem.

#3:  Meaningful PvP in terms of it actually effects the game.  If you control keeps in a zone, you gain benefits.  Read up on the benefits.  I'm not going to list them all.

I honestly don't know why I argue with WoW fans (probably out of boredom)..

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • DilweedDilweed Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by rbroussa

Originally posted by Dilweed

Originally posted by Meridion

Most are just stating that it has serious flaws at the moment, population and balancingwise. For many many people this is not a gamebreaker, but for many it is. So basically, if you enjoy the game, why do you care for population numbers? They don't mean s**t, one healthy populated server is enough to make a game fun.

It is not enough if you want content updates. Maybe some players can do without but many can't

Content update? The game is just over a month old. Name one game that has had a major content update in the first month? They are at least constantly fixing issues and trying to balance the scenario vs. RVR issues people are complaining about. With the upcoming server transfers they are at least giving people the option to find a new home with more players. They have already announced a couple of the missing classes and other content in December. The game if far from perfect believe me I know, I crash to the log in screen at least once every 30 minutes. But for anyone complaining about a lack of content updates you obvioulsy have not played many games, most who give free content updates do it every 3-6 months depending on the devs. I will be canceling myself until December in hopes that the bugs are fixed and the servers shake out. And Azrile is it your mission in life to troll EVERY game on this site, you are a pitiful shell of a person to comment on every thread on the forums how your game WOW is so much more supeior than any said MMOs. What a coward you use a however old game, WOW, to put down new and improving games.

Dude, learn to read

I didn't complain about content updates

What I said was that one healthy populated server is not enough for content updates.

Maybe the second line confused ya

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

#1:  WoW mentality of "its easier to run scenarios/Battlegrounds".  WoW has the same problem.  Their "open world PvP areas" are barren.  You'll occasionally see some people trying to take Halaa, but that's rare.  Mythic is trying to make RvR more beneficial by changing the mechanics and increasing the renown earned.  Until players realize that you can't do the "end game" unless you take keeps, then this won't change.  Do you know what the problem is?  The people that complain the loudest about scenarios and how much RvR sucks, are playing this game like it IS another PvE game.
    #2:  Meaningless keeps and repetitive battles?  Keeps are by far meaningless.  Unless you control all the keeps in T4, you can't advance the war effort to take their city.  This is the purpose of the keeps.  Scenarios are repetitive because people choose to make them that.  If you endlessly grind away scenarios because you don't RvR, of course you're going to get bored.  Not every server has this problem.
    #3:  Meaningful PvP in terms of it actually effects the game.  If you control keeps in a zone, you gain benefits.  Read up on the benefits.  I'm not going to list them all.

I have to disagree with your reasonings of why you think RvR zones are empty.

IMHO they are empty because:

1. Server populations are to thin in many cases.  To spread out or not enough people, take your pick.
    2. Scenarios are FUN.  They offer the best experience, reward, even teams and assured PvP in the game.  Lets not blame another game for the failures here.  People can walk in RvR areas and not find anything to do for hours.  It is only natural that people gravitate towards scenarios, because they offer a better offer everything that RvR is lacking at the moment. 
    3. Keeps are important in T4 sure.  How are they in T1-T3.  What is the incentive to even go there?  Odds are you will not find anyone waiting to defend them which makes the gloried PvE encounters.

Why blame WoW for the short sighted design of scenarios vs pvp lakes?  Sure those big battles are a lot of fun, but if someone logs on to play for 2 hours, where do you think they are going to spend their time while leveling?  Someplace that offers istant actions, best advancement and great rewards or in some PvP area where nothing may happen for 2 hours? 

People have been rushing to "end game" since everquest.  For a developer not to take that into consideration is a huge mistake.  Not that it isn't fixable in this case which is good, but the problem was created by mythic and only they can fix it.

• NeoinrNeoinr Member Posts: 19

Xfire is wildly inaccurate, there is another article about it on this forum... for instance it counts every second the program is open as play time, and users per day is actually like sessions per day..

• StarzStarz Member UncommonPosts: 40

I never said Warhammer wasn't a good game, I love warhammer, level 23 atm

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

all i can say it took me months of grinding to get to any really interesting warcraft content .. in warhammer it was there in your face straight away . dont play it on a low server is my advice and you ll be in for an action packed exeriance .

• fuzzylojikfuzzylojik Member Posts: 432

I agree, playing on high/high server has got me close to 24/7 action.  Low/low and med/med servers just don't have that kinda fun.  They need to fix that and that's why they are doing the xfers.

Having a blast in RvR in my server atm.  Keep defense is the bomb and having a tons of people fighting vs each other is awesome.

• DeathTrippDeathTripp Member UncommonPosts: 263

Well, i guess you should be ready for wrath of the lich king to battle in the arena for some promising l00t!!

-----------------------------
    Real as Reality Television!!!

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Daffid011

1. Server populations are to thin in many cases.  To spread out or not enough people, take your pick.
    2. Scenarios are FUN.  They offer the best experience, reward, even teams and assured PvP in the game.  Lets not blame another game for the failures here.  People can walk in RvR areas and not find anything to do for hours.  It is only natural that people gravitate towards scenarios, because they offer a better offer everything that RvR is lacking at the moment. 
    3. Keeps are important in T4 sure.  How are they in T1-T3.  What is the incentive to even go there?  Odds are you will not find anyone waiting to defend them which makes the gloried PvE encounters.

Why blame WoW for the short sighted design of scenarios vs pvp lakes?  Sure those big battles are a lot of fun, but if someone logs on to play for 2 hours, where do you think they are going to spend their time while leveling?  Someplace that offers istant actions, best advancement and great rewards or in some PvP area where nothing may happen for 2 hours? 

People have been rushing to "end game" since everquest.  For a developer not to take that into consideration is a huge mistake.  Not that it isn't fixable in this case which is good, but the problem was created by mythic and only they can fix it.

Just going to say I agree with the 3 points, Daffid made.  They are IMHO part of the top 5 problems that Warhammer has.  Number 1 and 3 are what I believe to be the biggest problems.  Have you gone back to the T1/T2 zones lately PQ, PvE, or RvR?  They can be barren at many times of the day with every hitting T3/4.  Sure its going to bump up again during the event, and while people toy with those two new classes upon their full release.  What happens after that though? They are going to go back to being unused.  Even on a High/High server you can't count on RvR or being able to get a PQ WB going.    You certainly can get a scenario to pop though without much wait.

And who honestly wants to be the annoying person in the guild? You know the guy that constantly needs help with something.  Because right now that's what Warhammers mechanics make you.   Just started need help with a PQ?  Ask your guild.   That's what the recomemndation is anytime you tell someone you have trouble finding or making a group.  Join a guild, get them to help you.   Do you know how annoying that is to most people.  Constantly having to hear someone requesting help, even if it's once a day?  Because with the way the game is structured that's what is happening.  Sure during the first two weeks you had people rolling alt after alt, know what though?  Not happening as much.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by Roin

Originally posted by Daffid011

Just going to say I agree with the 3 points, Daffid made.  They are IMHO part of the top 5 problems that Warhammer has.  Number 1 and 3 are what I believe to be the biggest problems.  Have you gone back to the T1/T2 zones lately PQ, PvE, or RvR?  They can be barren at many times of the day with every hitting T3/4.  Sure its going to bump up again during the event, and while people toy with those two new classes upon their full release.  What happens after that though? They are going to go back to being unused.  Even on a High/High server you can't count on RvR or being able to get a PQ WB going.    You certainly can get a scenario to pop though without much wait.

And who honestly wants to be the annoying person in the guild? You know the guy that constantly needs help with something.  Because right now that's what Warhammers mechanics make you.   Just started need help with a PQ?  Ask your guild.   That's what the recomemndation is anytime you tell someone you have trouble finding or making a group.  Join a guild, get them to help you.   Do you know how annoying that is to most people.  Constantly having to hear someone requesting help, even if it's once a day?  Because with the way the game is structured that's what is happening.  Sure during the first two weeks you had people rolling alt after alt, know what though?  Not happening as much.

i agree with your observation as the t1/t2 areas in my server are always empty makes you wonder if its a multi-player game or a single-player game

• ganbeeganbee Member Posts: 233

Six month's before the fanbois get so bored they come back to flame at naysayers! I was wrong it took only 1 and half month's

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786
    Originally posted by ganbee

Six month's before the fanbois get so bored they come back to flame at naysayers! I was wrong it took only 1 and half month's

You are one troll high on weed aren't you? have you made even one constructive post? till the servers shut down i think you should zip your hole.