Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Not SWG related, but for you old Star Wars flyers out there...

WarmakerWarmaker San Diego, CAPosts: 2,231Member

www.edge-online.com/magazine/remembering-tie-fighter

The old TIE Fighter game from the 90s.  No, nothing new coming from this aspect of Star Wars gaming.  Just thinking of some of the nice ones from the past.

It'll be a cold day in hell before Lucasarts brings Star Wars space combat back to it's better days.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

Comments

• Inat_miveaInat_mivea Star Wars Galaxies Correspondent Columbus, OHPosts: 249Member
    Originally posted by Warmaker

www.edge-online.com/magazine/remembering-tie-fighter
    The old TIE Fighter game from the 90s.  No, nothing new coming from this aspect of Star Wars gaming.  Just thinking of some of the nice ones from the past.
    It'll be a cold day in hell before Lucasarts brings Star Wars space combat back to it's better days.

xwing and tie fighter were cool games. Currently,  I think the best is still SWG's space game. In what other game can you fly for any of three factions, each with several ships. On top of that, you can loot and build your own components to make yous ship better.

SWG's JTL is the best SW flying game

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

• I always thought it strange that JTL was more based on Wing Commander in how it works than it was X-Wing and TIE Fighter, though they were fairly similar to it as well.  But I guess that was to be expected considering that most of the Pre-CU team were ex-Origin/EA UO guys.  One of the MMOs EA abandoned shortly after taking over Origin was to be a Wing Commander based one, so they might have brought that space system concept to JTL.

Indeed, the core Pre-CU system was more or less based on what the same team was working on for the canceled UO II.