Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Worth the price now?

gan3fgan3f kt, BCPosts: 280Member

I know alot of fixes/patches have happened, i have been following the progress of the game and have always wanted to jump in and play but didn't want to get the bitter taste most have recieved. 

As a whole has the game improved vast amounts. 

Hows the balance of the classes i know alot of classes have recieved some tweaks and love, has it been for the good or made more people dissapointed?

What class is over populated/played (fotm)

What class is the under dog, not played as much and is needed

For new comers what server would be the most populated to start on and enjoy it with out feeling like iam the only one playing.

I am currently playing warhammer but end game has turned out to be really boring the pvp is very hard to find unless you join scenarios, maybe it will get better in a few months when more people hit end game but iam bored now and looking to move on for the time being.

So if i get to lvl 80 and playing on a pvp server how easily can i go out and find pvp w/o being pushed to join a battleground/scenario or some sort of pvp minigame.

any information on this would be great and helpfull maybe even purchase it tonight with positive news :D

Comments

• PezzBombPezzBomb Pasadena, TXPosts: 248Member

I recently started AoC and I definitely think the game is worth the price. This is basically one of the better games I ever played. But then again as I am sure a herd of people will point out, this is just my subjective opinion. To try and answer you questions.

I have only played like +3 weeks and can comment on this. But I would say the game in general is great now.

Hows the balance of the classes i know alot of classes have recieved some tweaks and love, has it been for the good or made more people dissapointed?

Balance is great. Some people mean Bear Shaman still is somewhat overpowered, but I think the overall balance looks good.

Funny enough I see a very even population over all classes.

Hard for me to answer this because of above.

For new comers what server would be the most populated to start on and enjoy it with out feeling like iam the only one playing.

I would say these servers are a sure hit:

PVE: Dagoth, Set, Wiccana,Thog, Zug

PvP: Tyrrany, Deathwisper,Cimmeria, Doomsayer

So if i get to lvl 80 and playing on a pvp server how easily can i go out and find pvp w/o being pushed to join a battleground/scenario or some sort of pvp minigame.

I don't know about endgame too much so somebody else would have to answer that. I do know however that Lvl 80's typically would be bussy building their guildcities and to protect them in siege against other guilds. AoC also has a very active open PvP which is not minigamebased (even though you can find that too), Lvl 80's are constantly engaged in this.

• Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 18,020Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by gan3f

I know alot of fixes/patches have happened, i have been following the progress of the game and have always wanted to jump in and play but didn't want to get the bitter taste most have recieved. 
    The balancing still need some work but it have improved a lot. Guardians, bear schamans and TOS still kinda stands out however.
    Guardian is the biggest on my server.
    Ranger and assasin are few, as is HOX and demo.
    Crom is a good one for PvE.  Fury is ok  for PvP.
    I am currently playing warhammer but end game has turned out to be really boring the pvp is very hard to find unless you join scenarios, maybe it will get better in a few months when more people hit end game but iam bored now and looking to move on for the time being.
    Khesh is a war zone right now, it's harder to avoid PvP then finding it... Some of the lower areas might be less populated however, like Thunder river annd EM. However the second PvP patch is coming next week, not 100% sure how this will affect PvP, but it should get the lowbie ganking down.
    any information on this would be great and helpfull maybe even purchase it tonight with positive news :D

The game do demand that your computer is at least quite ok to run good.

• gan3fgan3f kt, BCPosts: 280Member

Thanks guys. i have talked to a few friends that play it, and tossed alot of questions their way. i will be giving it a shot, atleast it can maybe keep me entertained until War is fixed or maybe Aion is out. Hell maybe i will enjoy it so much it will be my new MMO of many years to come.

Thanks for the input guys.

• DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDPosts: 16,915Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ScaredToo

Like I said on the other thread:
    Don't believe the things they say on this forum, positive or negative. Best plan would be to wait for server merges and trial. That way you can see for yourself and you don't need to spend any money.

Quite the opposite actually, take in what both ends have to say. The truth can be found somewhere in the center of the two polar caps.

@O.P. If you've played games like nwn2, think of AOC as the MMO equivalent. The presentation is very similar, as is the world layout. Even the production values are similar both good and bad.

If you've ever played NWN2 online in a player world, you should know what to expect to a certain extent. Think of tortage as the vanilla game (nwn2) and the post level twenty areas as player made worlds ( with slightly higher production values) ie. lack of voice overs post twenty, less direction etc... with decent pvp imo.

I think this is probably the best way to sum up what to expect from AOC.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

• AzrileAzrile Houston, MDPosts: 2,582Member

The game is pretty bug-free right now.  Classes are generally balanced.  Content is somewhat there.  You will enjoy at least 2 months of gameplay.

The biggest problem with the game now is the games populations, and the games future.  You really only have about 3-4 choices for which server to play, and there is a very good chance the game won't be here in 3-4 months.

PvE - Set, Wiccana

PvP - Tyrrany, Cimmerea

If you chose either of those servers you will have decent pvp at endgame and will get your money's worth

• noggy1980noggy1980 CoventryPosts: 343Member

Wait for server merges, by then there will also be another zone making leveling more fun. If you do chose to play now tyranny or cimmeria are the servers that will suit you best but if you are expecting more open world pvp than WAR you are going to be let down untill the merges. There are a couple of spots in the one level 80 zone where there will normally be a few people skirmishing with each other but it's generally pointless static pvp that will only be fun for a day or 2.

Next patch is going to dramatically change balance yet again so you can't really take into account how it is now when choseing a class, just pick the one that looks fun.

I can't recommend you buy now though, leave it a month and check back, by then the future of the game should be known and there should be some proper information on server merges.

• DaveTTDaveTT GöteborgPosts: 405Member

I definitely recommend you to buy and test AOC its really fun and cool.

The game has improvet alot since lunch, and in 1 or 2 weeks the new patch will come with alot of new stuff and fixes etc.

Well dont know about US, but on EU (Fury) is the best server (pvp).

Best classes now i would say are Bear Shaman, Herald of xotli, Ranger , Tempest of Set. (BS is pretty bad the first 15lvls, but after lvl 15 it gets much better) ( Guardian and Conqeror are also fun and cool to play)

But all classes are good if played well, the most underpowerd i think is Dark Templar.

Hope to see you in game m8 ! Good luck

------------------------------

Bear Grylls : I need to get out of this frozen hellhole!
    Bear Grylls : (Holds a beetle in his hand) 4 times more protein then Beef

• SilenciumSilencium Salt Lake, UTPosts: 86Member

I have greate funn in Age de Conan. I ask you to play this game. This is special game and especialy PvP system. Very good new update.

Originally posted by Silencium

I have greate funn in Age de Conan. I ask you to play this game. This is special game and especialy PvP system. Very good new update.

I did get it, and iam enjoying it more so then warhammer, maybe its the style of game or the pvp is more intense. iam in my mid 30's now and having a blast.. iam glad i got it.

• PolikarpovPolikarpov HelsinkiPosts: 53Member

I did get it, and iam enjoying it more so then warhammer, maybe its the style of game or the pvp is more intense. iam in my mid 30's now and having a blast.. iam glad i got it.

It's funny how almost all positive reviews end with "I just got out of Tortage" or "I'm in my mid 30's", and most negative posts were written by people with level 80 characters . Now what does that tell us?

• S1GNALS1GNAL BrusselPosts: 366Member
    Originally posted by Polikarpov

It's funny how almost all positive reviews end with "I just got out of Tortage" or "I'm in my mid 30's", and most negative posts were written by people with level 80 characters . Now what does that tell us?

It tells us that most people ignore the critisism and blindly believes in the positives. Humans have to learn it the hard way. Its just the way the mind works. If the mind got no problem, it will craate one so it can have something to solve. Suffering is an addiction that so many people think they need. Its quite normal these days. Been there done that too many times.

Maybe i won't like end game.. maybe lvl 80 will be boring and i will quit.. but after less then 2 months of warhammer i quit with having 2  endgame toons at 40.. so iam sure it can't be any worse.

But right now iam enjoying it and thats all that matters to me, also the server iam on seems pretty populated found people easily to do group quests even at 1am in the morning, so happy with that also.

• SilenciumSilencium Salt Lake, UTPosts: 86Member

Maybe i won't like end game.. maybe lvl 80 will be boring and i will quit.. but after less then 2 months of warhammer i quit with having 2  endgame toons at 40.. so iam sure it can't be any worse.

But right now iam enjoying it and thats all that matters to me, also the server iam on seems pretty populated found people easily to do group quests even at 1am in the morning, so happy with that also.

AoC have very much content if you also do crafting quests. There is much to do up to 80. But I guesse some more woulde not hurte.

• xpiherxpiher Indianapolis, INPosts: 3,311Member

See the problem with people wanting end game and leaving AoC is that most people left AoC without completing the entire end game. Most people didn't bother doing all the quest in Aztels, Onyx, Bandit camp, Scropion Cave, T1 Raids, let alone t2. With the upcoming updates to PvE (Yamir's pass, commons, t2, t3 open, and 2 level 80 zones) there will be much more content avaible. Furthermore, with all the new crafting recipies going around if you like hunting for treasure there is plent of "end game" going on right now. But alas, if something isn't easily doable by a pug most people won't even count it as end game.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• BigMangoBigMango BrightonPosts: 1,821Member

It's funny how almost all positive reviews end with "I just got out of Tortage" or "I'm in my mid 30's", and most negative posts were written by people with level 80 characters image. Now what does that tell us?

It tells us that AoC is an mmorpg. It's business as usuall, like every other mmorpg.

Lotro, Vanguard, etc... etc... etc.. all of them had people complaining and leaving after the first month, or even after 1 or 2 weeks because of missing high level content. I remember the drama over this all over the forums last year with Lotro, the same happened with Vanguard a couple months earlier, and with other games before.

It's funny to see the bashers with the same complaints all over at every mmorpg release. They always complain that a new game doesn't have the same amount of content as their old game. They rush to end game and then they complain. They never learn. It's the same all over again every time a new mmorpg is released.

I prefer to take the time to enjoy the the world, the immersion. I also tried out a couple alts. I am not rushing it and I have a great time with more than enough content all over. Funcom is patching improvements and new content in time for me, the future looks bright :)

• NiblixNiblix n00bvillePosts: 160Member

Worth the price now?

Are FC paying people to play it yet? If so then it may be worth it.

Be paid for Beta Testing, don't pay to Beta Test.