Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Companion or Companions?

darquenbladedarquenblade Anderson, INPosts: 1,015Member

So, with the appearance of a bunch of initial previews--many of them predictably say the same thing. However, there's one thing I can't seem to clarify. Will each player get to take only one companion NPC with them at a time, or multiple? Multiple would be more in line with the traditional BioWare experience, but when providing canonical examples of companions, the articles mention Han w/ Chewie, Luke w/ R2, etc. In other words, a single companion.

Has anyone seen any clarification on this?

Comments

• DarwaDarwa CambridgePosts: 2,184Member Uncommon

At the time of posting, there is another thread 2 lines down that contains the info you seek.

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/208723

• Flyte27Flyte27 Greenwich, CTPosts: 2,837Member Uncommon

It appears to be just one companion.  You can switch your compainion, but Bioware says it's recommended to keep the same  one as you can build a relationship with them and they will leave if you say the wrong things to them.  They also say that you can control the companion directly or let it follow a script.

• TerranahTerranah Stockton, CAPosts: 3,605Member

From what I have read so far, you only get one.  You can trade them to others, kill them off in which case they are dead forever, upgrade them, trade with the companions themselves, romance them, alienate them, etc.

A part of me doesn't like having AI friends in game, but I admit a part of me is very intrigued.  In SWG I had a cupa mount named Shotgun and a dog named Lucky that I was very attached too, so it might be fun.

I still miss Lucky.  I wonder what ever became of him...

• MidnitteMidnitte Howell, NJPosts: 510Member

Originally posted by Terranah
    From what I have read so far, you only get one.  You can trade them to others, kill them off in which case they are dead forever, upgrade them, trade with the companions themselves, romance them, alienate them, etc.

A part of me doesn't like having AI friends in game, but I admit a part of me is very intrigued.  In SWG I had a cupa mount named Shotgun and a dog named Lucky that I was very attached too, so it might be fun.

I still miss Lucky.  I wonder what ever became of him...

If you can in fact have them fall in love and trade them, i wonder if they are still in love with you, etc.

• achellisachellis Saranac, NYPosts: 542Member

so theres going to be like a rep system?