Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets Give Bioware a chance shall we? Its track record so far not bad.

Before complaining ,why you dont you take a few minutes and think a sec.  These people have made wonderful successful games so far. They are not going to pour money ,time, and rescources into a game they do not believe in.

Blizzard was known for making good games before going into the full MMO business. They(Bioware) could have taken an easy way and just made another sequel to the game but decided to do this.

All we are seeing is early stuff because they knew the public would want some information even if early work with the announcement. They prolly would have wanted to wait to do any release of information but with todays leaks and internet, thought was best at least to announce something.

I have no idea if the game is going to be good or bad, but neither do the naysayers of a game that they have probably 1/100 information to go on.

Are things so bad for you guys that you have to bash a game thats been officially around for 1 day?

Comments

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

Rational thought????????

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

In all seriousness, I didn't expect much else from this site. You'll have the people blindly defending the game, you'll have the people blindly hating it and the far and few between, who try to stay objective, critical and sort of neutral. It was to be expected, particularly with a franchise like this.

On your Topic, yes, certainly I will give BioWare a chance. They deserve it. One of the very few companies that hasn't let me down with any of their games. So they got a lot of credit with me.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

Bioware doesnt give a shit about what people think or say so why are you making this thread? People can rant or speculate to their hearts content.....thats what these forums are for.

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

I agree. This doomsaying when the game isnt there is pointless. I them the first to criticize bad decisions ONCE THE GAME IS OUT. But for now, lets try to make calm, rarional discussions. Getting into teenager-aggro-frenzies doesnt help anyone. Even if some things are different than we expect, lets give it a fair chance.

• LamarakLamarak Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by neonwire

Bioware doesnt give a shit about what people think or say so why are you making this thread? People can rant or speculate to their hearts content.....thats what these forums are for.

Grumpy today i see. Guess just seems silly to get all bent out of shape about a game that hasnt been out officially announced  more than a day.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to to use foul language and complain, your right forums are there for ya.

But i made this thread umm because its a forum like you so succinctly put. And i figured what they hey, lets give the complainers another place to whine about something they have barely any knowledge about.

Mission accomplished.

• EussicEussic Member Posts: 13

I'm excited about the announcement, but i dont know what to think of the game till i actualy see it with my own eyes. From the screen shots , i dont know if anyone eles noticed but the light sabers are really big..... lol

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757

I think a lot of people will be disappointed with the game. It might be pretty decent though. Probably a bit like lotro where it is story driven. It seems like it should just be a 1 player game and not a MMO at all from the description though.

You choose a character, level and quest it up, things changing based on your decisions, affecting the outcome slightly in the grand scheme of things. This is what it sounds like and seems to be. A Story where your choices actually matter, but ultimately, whats the point of the others who progress.

I wonder if people will be restricted to grouping with opposing sides, such as jedi with sith. and if that leaves the door open for more playing the other classes who can play with either. Perhaps some kind of faction hit for both so a jedi playing with a sith is drawn to the dark side, as well as the sith drawn towards good, so both have to work at strengthening their ties to their side. Hmm, that could be interesting.

I'm just trying to think of alternatives because this game will not be a sandbox. Even a true sandbox isn't that great if there is no purpose or limited boundries. I just want something not linear. Like a GTA, you can do a lot of things, anything you really want, but eventually you have to do certain things to reach a conclusion. it is not a sandbox, but, its not really linear either. Do just about anything you want in TOR, but eventually, you must choose a side, Good, Evil, or Neutral. I can see that happening in a story driven MMO that bioware likes to create.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

I think what your seeing now a days is people are tired of crap games and they don't have the patience anymore to just wait and see.  Yeah Bioware is known for good games but this is a MMO something they havn't done before and people don't have much tolerance towards MMO makers anymore.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by Scalebane

I think what your seeing now a days is people are tired of crap games and they don't have the patience anymore to just wait and see.  Yeah Bioware is known for good games but this is a MMO something they havn't done before and people don't have much tolerance towards MMO makers anymore.

I just don't get my hopes up about any games that I see a lot of people do. These days, that just disappoints you. Bioware stated that this game will have a lot of things others already have with some innovations. I swear, every MMO coming out claims that now, lol. They're basically saying, ya we're cloning someone else's game, adding a few twists and we want to involve story.

Then again, nothing is really too new these days anyway. I agree people don't have much tolerance towards MMO makers and they shouldn't either because they're just regurgitating the same crap. And when people do want something done over again that was the same as a previous game, its screwed up. I never really played UO, but I hear a ton of people that would love for something like it to be released thats more modern. I really wanted a better version of daoc and hoped to get that in WAR, but I didn't. And WoW, I liked it ok, but from the beginning, I thought it was just a lesser version of EQ.

There are really only so many concepts that can be done, but if someone can actually do it well, people will love it. Execution ideas and gameplay in MMOs is sorely lacking and it seems companies are just trying to make a quick buck. I don't blame them for trying to make money, but if everyone keeps distributing trash, people will eventually stop buying these games (I hope). Maybe have to wait until then for the garbage to stop flowing nonstop and then some gem will appear.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

People forget before Blizzard made WOW they did not have any mmo experience either and look what happened. Bioware follows the same path as Blizzard does. Bioware had made great games prior to this and I do not see any reason why this would be a disappointment. Bioware delivers big each and everytime they work on something. No different here.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787
    Originally posted by Lamarak

Originally posted by neonwire

Grumpy today i see. Guess just seems silly to get all bent out of shape about a game that hasnt been out officially announced  more than a day.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to to use foul language and complain, your right forums are there for ya.

But i made this thread umm because its a forum like you so succinctly put. And i figured what they hey, lets give the complainers another place to whine about something they have barely any knowledge about.

Mission accomplished.

Mission accomplished? Errrrr no it isnt. Your original mission was to try and get people to stop speculating about a game that has only recently been announced because there isnt a lot of information about it at the moment so no-one can make any well informed statements about it.......and as you can see people are now using this thread as another means to bash or praise the game.

If however you had some super secret agenda to "sneakily" get people to do what they were going to do anyway  then well done thats truly an amzing job you've done......congratulations on providing another thread where people can provide their conflicting opinions about it.