Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Guardian Advancement Beyond Level 50

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

The folks at Turbine have prepared a series of Dev Journals which take a class by class look at level advancement past level 50 in the Lord of the Rings Online's Mines of Moria expansion. Today we take a look at the Guardian.

Holding the Line

A number of changes to the Guardian class come with the Mines of Moria™ expansion, and in this dev diary we’ll explore the new abilities and possibilities the expansion brings to the class.

Guardians have always had the highest levels of damage mitigation, and in Moria that continues to be the case. Though changes to the combat system have shifted the overall balance of the game, Guardians still reign supreme when it comes to their ability to take hits. To maintain this dominance over the tanking role, a number of familiar traits and skills have been updated to take advantage of elements in the new combat system to keep the Guardian on top.

With the level cap increasing to 60, a new set of Guardian skills and traits enters into the mix. These skills and traits fall into the following three categories: boss tanking, group tanking, and damage dealing. These three categories also generally describe the three Trait Set paths in which Guardians may choose to specialize. We hope that these options will provide you with the toolset you need to create a Guardian that best fits your style of tanking.

Read more here.

Comments

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

i like the idea that one guardian can focus on group aggro while another can focus on the boss with this new system.  i think it will be a big boost to raid/dungeon play and they even gave us a more offensive option (how nice of them).  i look forward to reaching 50 and marching into the depths to tank the hell out of anything in my way.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• DreyyvanDreyyvan Member Posts: 52

I agree...I like how Turbine keeps developing classes so people keep playing and advancing them.