Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

terrible game

Comments

• BonsaiBonsai Member Posts: 10

Its not a bad game..image Just not made for me, needs more to do then hack n slash..image  

Bonsai

• JivanMuktiJivanMukti Member Posts: 8
    Lag was pretty bad for me and I have 5MB cable from the East Coast.

• DetonatedDetonated Member Posts: 105
    I had the misfortune of playing tyhis game. Trust me,avoid this like it is the PLAGUE. If you want a free (and will remain free) game to kill time, i suggest www.conqueronline.com This game is 2d but its actually half way decent as a time killer. I mean cmon....its called Risk Your Life for cris sakes...LOL. 100% craptastic. Feels like im playing a FPS in some surreal nightmare or something...makes me feel dirty.

• mmorellimmorelli Member Posts: 2

very lag but great graphics.

i think this game is better PT

• BluntstarBluntstar Member Posts: 5

I wouldn't call it a "terrible" game. It's okay. It's not the best in graphics and gameplay, but I've got lots of fun with it.

• Kez-zyKez-zy Member Posts: 1

yeah very good game, great graphics.

Risk your lagg.

RYL German helps and Infos: www.spasscorp.de

• AnindelAnindel Member Posts: 66

Place this game on the same degree as Lineage 2, very very very very bad. I sure hope they quit importing games from Malaysia, because they suck. Graphics are retarded, the UI is bad, I don't like farming the same monsters for hours. Thank you.

Adinion
    Troll Priest
    [NonFactor]

• vegecsvegecs Member Posts: 5

Anindel this game is not Malaysian, the server is from Malaysia, that´s a total different thing.

The game was great for a Beta, but it´s terrible as p2p game. There are a few simple quests, but mostly the game is about a war (demons against humans) and that make the game fun.
    If you guys are complaning about the lag there´s a NA server, there´s no lag there but there are problems worst than lag, a stupid community for example.

Someone is complaining that u can´t lvl up soloing? lol go play single players. took me 2 months to get my warrior to lvl 46 (soloing most of the time) and the same 2 months to get my templar to lvl 80.(partying all the time).

So before say the game is terrible, try to play and try to make some friends (that´s really easy in MY server, asian ppl are a lot more friendly than NA) and try to enjoy the game. After spending some time if you guys still think the game is only about lvling up and it´s crap that´s ok but don´t say such things without spending some time in the game.

BTW most of my friends use to say RYL sux now they are paying to play RYL after they try the game for some time... IMO it was a great free game but there´s no way to say it´s going to be as good as WoW or GuildWars or even EQ2

• HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

Hmmm never played "Risk your Life".  But Ill check it out.  What is the cost? I cant have like three games draining $13/month each outta my funds. :)

Does it have any PvP or is it just alot of farming/crafting?

Just curious.

Signaturen-Creator

• vegecsvegecs Member Posts: 5
    Hersaint the MY version costs about 10 us Dollars.

The game is all about PvP but in my opnion
  • knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375

this game is just "Bad" and Boring. nothign to do just lvl up liek crazy wich took me a long..long time just to get to lvl 13 damnit!

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477
    It took you a long time to get to level 13? I found it harder to level up on Diablo 2!

FFXI- Quit after 10 months
    Ultima Online- Quit after 25 months
    Ragnarok Online- Quit after a week

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by gargantroo
    Quote Richard Garriot:
    Making a character before getting to know the game leads the player to make uneducated decisions
    Well his quote went something like that, and no game can make that quote more true then RYL. You choose demon or human and once you pick you cant go back, ever. The graphics suck, and the fighting is like Diablo II on steroids, so if you havent killed the monster in the first 3 seconds of the fight you will probably die. The character models are ugly, the areas are bland and its just plain boring. Not to mention the battle system is awful, some quick dueling system with really choppy graphics....
    I didnt like it.Ultima Online- Apoc
    Final Fantasy XI Online- Nabara
    World of Warcraft- (Coming soon :P)

The criteria you rank an mmorpg on differ to mine. After playing about a dozen of them i have decided that community and trade are the deciding factors for me. RYL has the ability to talk to EVERYONE of the same race as you at the same time making trade easy as pie and also, you can turn yourself into a shop to sell your items at the click of a button - creating an 00ber fast trade system. The graphics and sound are above average and only fall short of the higher fee per month mmorpgs like SWG. The way your character is controlled needs tweaking and the game is quite bugged but that is reflected by its beta status.

I've got into these quaint mmorpgs lately after i got bored of interacting with 12 year olds on the bigger mmorpgs.

{Ryzom} WonderBoy

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• chambersoulchambersoul Member Posts: 12

have we forgoten how many skills u get?! its sad, and its boring...im just playing to pass some time while im sick,(names yamishiii - human, yukii - akkan) ive played nearly all the non-p2p mmorgps out there an this is the last of the line till i get my copy of WoW.

• FenriserFenriser Member Posts: 48

Not even going to bother with this game, one word: Crap. I played this game for a few days got a lvl 24 sorc and found it so borning and nothing to do most of the time that i decided to quit. a Few days later they made this game P2P, couldn't believe that Risk You Life was P2P in beta>

Once again IMO this game is Pure Crapimage

Fenriser 50 Friar - Alb, Lancelot

• Iceman12321Iceman12321 Member Posts: 992

Boo hiss. Didnt have a very positive experience with this. Always kill some mobs but eventually the client program would just crash for me::;^|::

• guiltyoneguiltyone Member UncommonPosts: 103

Just newbie two cents worth on this part but all in all for a BETA the game isn't to awefully bad. They've worked through most of the CTD errors that were appearing, altering the chat client to clean up spaming, increased drop rates as well as exp per kill. i was reading over parts of the posts here on this game and found most people started posting when the game just came into BETA testing and they right out called it crap. In truth yeah, most likely so, but they're improving. Some people didn't like the style of gameplay, alright, honestly I think EQ and EQ2 suck, are boring, redundent, and over all a waste of time but I don't waste time on those boards to make a note of it. At this point giving an end all opinion to the game and saying not to play it would be like going to Plane Shift and telling people the game is just crap when they are still in ALPHA testing. It isn't fair and hurts the community the developers are targeting.

Over all the game is more like L2 than anything else but with a faster paced combat system to try and give a more "extreme" feel to it so you spend less time against a single enemy. And as opposed to the usual minute and a half per enemy in a few other MMOs I for one found the change welcoming. It feels a bit closer to actual melee combat rather then attack .... wait .... almost .... here it comes .... attack .... repeat as needed. Honestly the game looks to have some points but they need to really polish the game over, that much is true but again in a BETA it's best to spend more time developing the world itself rather then smoothing over some pretty new sceens, those come at the end of testing so that less complications occur. Anyone who has been working with BETAs for awhile has seen that time and time again. Otherwise you just get pretty faces and no content to work with. But as I said, that's just the new guys two cents. After eight different game testings though from the PS2 to the PC the game still has a lot of room for growth, so as they say in BETA if you don't like it, come back in a month.

There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is simply a matter of organization. If there is such a thing as angels I hope they are aligned along the lines of the mafia.

Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done.
    Linus Torvalds

• TresTres Member Posts: 15

This game isnt for everyone...if you dont like fast action "quake" style pvp then you should play something else...You need decent level to enjoy for pvp and have fun...i liked to camp in arena and team with other ppl to take statues and go raid oposite race with full party or just alone.

Your first character probably will not become good...i had level 34 and 48 characters before i had enough experience to make decent pvp character....i see levelling in RYL very fast compared to some other games i been playing....if you see it hard to level after level 30 you either dont have game experience or you play class what is supposed to level in party...mages can solo when needed but priests,clerics etc cant but they will be uber pvp tanks at higher levels so they need more patience.

• SpiderVenomSpiderVenom Member Posts: 31

Its the best game ever you get the best fun until level 36 or more, qhere you can go to other islands and fight the other race; or you can go to the arena and have great and fun Wars against the other race. I dont know why people say its a bad gameimage, maybe they are just level 5.

But the real and incredible fun comes in levels 30's or more.

Amazing Game.image

• SpiderVenomSpiderVenom Member Posts: 31

And its a Beta people, it obvious that there wont be any crashes when is finaly released. So you cant say its bad because it crash. If it crash them you send an email and say i crash when doing this and this, and they will fix it, thats why you are playin for free, because you are Beta TESTERS, so help and dont judge the game just because it crash, and if you are only level 15 or so you cannot give a good opinion of the game, keep leveling and then when you are level 90 come and tell me if the game is good or not, else your opinion should say until what level you Tested the game.

I mean is valid that you say its a bad game but please say i tested the game until level 3.image

• KryptKrypt Member Posts: 5
    I actually enjoyed the Malaysian version of RYL. I found that the English version had less English things compared to the Malaysian version, which I found odd.

• darkgamerxdarkgamerx Member Posts: 311
    this game was realy dissapointing the trailer lked great but once u played it its crap man they could have done better the graphics is not smmoth at all image

mad gamer

• WightWight Member Posts: 12
    The absolute most unbalanced game I Ever played... Period, Nuff said!

• nemesis1975nemesis1975 Member Posts: 24

Bigest problem is that people you put on yout friends list never logg back on.... ever!

So then you just have to find new people to hunt with every day...*sigh*

Well.. the lack of color, polygons, large textures is bad too.

And ... NO EMOTES! image

Yamoto Ronin of AC1 / HG
    Thrag Skinnknutte/Brum Skogstokig of DAoC / Percival / HF
    Crouching Lemur of FFXI

Yamoto Ronin of AC1 / HG
    Thrag Skinnknutte/Brum Skogstokig of DAoC / Percival / HF
    Crouching Lemur of FFXI

• ThuernmanThuernman Member Posts: 1

It seems to me that most people here that are complaining did not even grasp the concept of the game at all; PvP. When you have played for a few days, you can easily make a level 60+ from scratch in 3-5 days, and before level 60 I wouldn't recommend PvPing at all, since it's all a few-hit-wonder without skill or tactics involved until then.

As of today, the PvP system in this very game is the best I've seen yet, and I've played enough MMO(RP)Gs to be allowed to make that judgement, IMO.

Granted, leveling past 80 (or past 20 if you're brainless) is way steep, still you can reach 85 in like 3 weeks, in a game where the max level is 95, not that much of a grind, is it?

If you like fast paced action, I sure would recommend this game, and I would totally not recommend the American server, since it is run by power-hungry nazis that think they are babysitting rather than moderating; This is a game where you are supposed to KILL one another, yet people get jailed or banned for swearing... the irony... =)

(And no, I was never banned/jailed/warned at the US server, I played there briefly and gave up, when in-game GMs thought "Brb everyone, just going to the shop for 30 mins" were things that players were interested in hearing; total lack of professionalism, and at the same time a sign of how small the US player base is).

To sum it up: A really worthwile game as long as you are into PvP. It offers very little to nothing for PvE:ers and RP:ers.