Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phillippe Campion's Journal - Learn the truth - The story of VWorld and DnL

ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

Here is a link to the journal written by Phillippe Campion.

Phillippe Campion is the person behind the idea of VVWORLD/SCAPER/Eingana - later to be the technology behind MAFATE (Dark and Light engine)

This journal talks about his relationship and history with Vincent Pourieux, who later left the development team of Dark and Light (Np3cube/Farlan) and in my opinion severely damaged Dark and Light.

Today, Vincent Pourieux claims his right to the engine and has sued Farlan/Np3cube - the people behind Dark and Light for not crediting him enough money for the use of "his" technology.

This journal reveals that Mr. Pourieux in fact split this technology into two clones. One for himself, which he brought with him to use in DnL and one for Phillippe Campion to continue working on their project Eingana (a 3D atlas). He had to do this because they were equal owners of the company to develop this technology. Campion was the manager and Pourieux the technical director. They also had 5 other employees.. He sided with one of the employess to get the majority of the stocks. This allowed him to force Phillippe Campion to sign a pact that made this shared use of the technology they had developed. So that made VWORLD and SCAPER. But, they were the same.

Vincent Pourieux was the technical director and his coding such a mess with old fashioned techniques that Phillippe Campion and his new technical director could not continue working on it.

Yet. Not only has Vincent Pourieux, according to this journal, given this technology. He also planned to take Phillippe Campion completely out of business by later threatening him and his new associate, Robert at Infogrames with legal actions if they tried to continue the work with SCAPER - the other part of the engine now belonging to Philippe Campion.

I will not write anything else and leave the link for the journal and the translated journal here for you to read. You may understand better who is that person that left the devlopment team of Dark and Light and left behind his lifelong friend. And also what happened in his career. .. I see that there is a lot of misunderstood oppinions on the lawsuit between VVWORLD and Farlan. I hope this journal will help you understand the other side of things.

As a last note. I'd like to say that the translation is not perfect and sometimes you just have to guess from the context what is going on. Nevertheless, I find this very interesting. And you can always find someone who knows French to help u with it.

www.philippecampion.com/VWORLD_Prehistoire/story.htm

The translated version:

translate.google.com/translate

The last part of the translation bugs, but you can copy paste the content from French into a translater and figure out what it says.

---------------------------

Good quotes from the translation:

"Hello,

My name is Philippe Campion. I have known Mr. Vincent  in the late 1980s, we were both employees of Atari, formerly Infogrames, as programmers. I left Infogrames in 1989 to create the SA IKOS, development studio video games. Monsieur Pourieux™ Mr Pourieux ™ me joined in 1996 as an employee. I actually poached from Infogrames in offering him a higher salary I did this for three reasons. The first because Mr © Pourieux was a friend, the second because he possessed great technical qualities and third, because I intended it starts to develop an idea that I had years earlier: a generation engine of virtual worlds in real time ... "

It was actually trust each other. At the time we were really good friends, he called me "my brother" and was later witnessed my marriage I remember he asked me to be the godfather of his daughter. I refused.… Perhaps I had already glimpsed read the full story ...

"Over the period 1998-2000, Mr © Pourieux was shared between product development "food" of EMG and development of VWORLD.  I must admit he had to bear an enormous amount of work and this period has not been easy for him, especially then, in 2000-2001, when conducting Eingana under time pressure . But this time he was super motivated to begin to say that VWORLD / Eingana was his idea.  At the time I left saying, we hear, I have no ego unlike others, and I regarded this as a contribution to his hard work. . Anyway, my position was entirely dictated by the fact we were associated with a strict 50/50 on this project.. So I accepted the fact that m'appartenait as much as him.

In 1998 efforts began to bear fruit and, as soon as Mr Pourieux ® had five minutes before him (as he worked for food production)

"A few days of complete silence after he entered my office and said:

- Good, I consulted my lawyer, well, actually, I do not like that ...

- It is clear to me ... so what can you do? because there, if you want, I really do not see how we can do in all cases to continue to work together normally.  I believe we must find a way out, whatever it is and as soon as possible.

- Yes, I think so too.

. - So, my dear Vincent, that's what I suggest you, you will start with you replace.  I will choose, myself, another technical director and you'll Coltines the 6 months if necessary, but you will explain code line after line of code so that freelance as well that if he had written himself. . But first, will you explain yourself to half the team you stoned a lead that this "change" is impossible, that they must forget the sun.

He left my office, silent."

"For its part, FARLANE which relied on the presence of Mr Pourieux © to integrate technology in DnL, we decided to order the execution of a model adaptation, a kind of bridge between VWORLD and DnL for 24 000 €. This is Mr Pourieux ™ which was fully occupied this project. But only 30% of the amount originally planned was cashed by EMG, the rest? Thus, "thanks" to Mr Pourieux ® therefore, the contract of its own society was divided by 4 and its collection, divided by 14. ... I smoked

We had a friend in common who had roughly the same career path as us. Call Lawrence. He was naturally appointed to replace Mr. Pourieux ™ since he was free at that time. I quickly asked him to come join us, and he did so with enthusiasm. After a few days working with Mr Pourieux ®, Laurent came into my office, face grim, to teach me that the code of Mr © Pourieux was virtually unusable because everything was coded "hard" so lawless, with methods that dated back to Methuselah. Second blow to the head ... But now I understand better the congestion on the hot line and why Mr Eingana Pourieux ® had repeatedly rejected the formatting 'license' (middleware) of technology: It was impossible to rewrite any less! It was too much, it should parte soon before finishing in fact diverse.

We have therefore sought the "ground" muddy the least possible. But a new event happened: The artistic director and friend of Mr Pourieux ® owned some 22% of EMG, in alliance they totaled 54% of the capital, they could make me a little what they wanted. So I finally was forced to sign a shareholder pact that had little favorable pact, which provided a summary that I symbolic euro for all my CPU Software shares it gave me a portion of its shares on EMG (re-. ..) that we keep all both the paternity of technology, it started to Reunion and left me here and that, overall, we are prohibiting any unfair competition. was the least worst. But legally, there is "sharing" not an asset in two. So a magic wand, there was the day after two technologies, one that called VWORLD left in the sun and the other called "SCAPE" which remained in Lyon. Obviously, the code is exactly the same, they are one and the same software."

"because Mr Pourieux ® to more than one trick up its sleeve, with him there are always "But" While the statutes of a new company were ready, we return to space, that I was even in the layout plans, Mr Pourieux ™ has made contact with Robert and since the islands are, he explained that it was his technology-not-touch-or-I-do-a-whim - I-me-ride-by-land."

"Robert was therefore withdrawn from the project. Former employees of EMG have fortunately found a job in a few development studios and French history as far as I am concerned about ends there. At the moment I just read the "history" of the site of the new company Mr Pourieux ® (www.vworld.biz) ... Here, from reading this fabric shameful omission of any kind, I think ultimately the only thing I regret now is to have my fist identified him across the face. .."

"Next? Well I had a little tired of receiving "but" on the corner of the figure and I was immensely disgusted. So I decided to remove myself completely from all this. I made a final cross on my crazy idea, on "EVS" and even the video game universe. Not without difficulty, it cost me a year of depression. I sold my house, I consumed the little capital that I had to support my family until I go better and resume a job. I had no money to pay the remaining debt liabilities CPU therefore Mr Pourieux © reminded me one last time its existence as the only take my car to work. My wife finally crack Today I am divorced, I live in a 2-room kitchen and I smoke rolled cigarettes as less expensive. It's probably smile but the reality of things.

Many have asked me why I had given up? I said that was because if I had this idea there are more than 20 years, I am quite capable of having others. So I prefer to use my time to develop these new ideas rather than making the procedural basis. And I think I made the right decision because one of my new ideas out in two months! But this one, promised, I care for me and me alone."

"To return to this dear sir, I have recently seen on discussion forums that apparently still raging, this time against those he had originally joined the Meeting! And exactly the same way! This means working for a company, which pays I suppose, and then claim that the work he has done is to him! Imagine a hoot Microsoft engineers who wants to hear him than Windows? Mind you, Fun Stuff ... well But the addition of comic thing is really sad.

When include Does that software can not exist if and only if, there is a programmer to write it, yes, and if there is someone to invent and if someone to finance it? If he wants to retain ownership of the things he says, it must invent itself and that self-financing. Note that this gentleman, who undoubtedly has a lot of quality but not the imagination, does not volunteer. With me it has cost more than € 300 000 unemployed and 5, with his former friends Reunion, I do not know? It would be "funny" to accumulate money."

LEGAL NOTICE

WARNING: THE WORDS "Pourieux", "PIX" & "_PIX_" ARE PROTECTED BY THE LAW IN THE WORLD, IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM AND BY EXTENSION IN THE GALAXY. FRAUDULENT USE ALL WILL BE VERY VERY severely punished OF PENALTIES MAY MOVE BY THE roll-EARTH-I-ME-FACHE-ALL-IN-RED-typing OF FOOT-AND HAND OF UP TO 20 YEARS DEPRIVATION OF CHOCOLATE DESSERT.

ON THE OTHER HAND, THE FACT IF YOU WRITE TO PERSIST "POURRIEUX" with two "R" WHEREAS, Crotti THEN IT IS WELL THAT THERE HAS A GOOD BONSOIR BLOOD OF A HUNDRED penalty LINES "I DO NOT WRITE OVER NOT WITH TWO Pourieux R" COME IN EXCESS OF SENTENCES ALREADY ALOUEES. HEIN THEN YOU ARE ACCUSED HEIN.

Comments

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Blah, blah, blah...

Still defending this game Ztyx? Man, if I were you I'd be charging! The game has failed, it was a complete fiasco, and the courts seem to side with Mr. Pourieux... get over it! 

Now move along and find a new game to obsess over ... DarkFall anyone??? 

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

Read the information, Kakasaki.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829

TL:DR

I'll keep asking you this question until you anwser it, real short and simple:

Even if Pix is satan himself, Vworld was just asking to be stolen and you have all the evidence to prove it, how does that erase all the other problems with the game? How does that erase the fact that nobody else at the company could program their way out of a cardboard box? How does that forgive the fact that they stole from their customers and charged money from people who had no desire to play? How does that change the way they lied to and mistreated every single paying customer in every way they could come up with?

Even if Pix doesn't give a flying rat's hindquarters about MMORPGs and even if he destroyed the game by leaving the company, that doesn't change the fact that the company itself was corrupt and mistreated its customers. Even if the game had been great there would still be legions of people unwilling to play it because of the mistreatment they had to suffer at the hands of Farlan and NPCube. All the begging, pleading, harassing and trolling you do on these forums won't change that fact.

• _Pix__Pix_ Member Posts: 276

@OP:

To make it short and clear:

- You are talking about a man (Philippe Campion) who has already been convicted by a French Court.

- You are talking about a game (DnL), good or bad -that is not the question- developed by a company (NPCube) which has already been convicted by a French Court.

If I were you I will try to think that over.

I am (obviously) not in your position, nor NPCube's, or P. Campion's, but if I were , I would certainly think a bit more of the potential consequences of the numerous slanderous quotes and messages that you've been posting. This is just an advice.

• EnahowaeEnahowae Member Posts: 59

This is not even worth pursuing, Pix. He's the last bastion of NPCube's Ministry of Propaganda. Funny, since NPCube doesn't even really exist anymore, except as a shell company for the courts. The judges, after all, still need a business entity to address at hearing.

Played: UO, SWG Pre-CU (until 11/16/05), Various F2P's
    Playing: GW
    Awaiting: WAR, DF
    Never played: WoW

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

I had to look twice at the date of the OP.

This is the silly little one bringing up yet another thread on the same subject of the "partner". They tried this before....the post was debunked as bs. A whiney "diary" from a man who had been convicted for stealing money from a company. He got caught. He got convicted. Now he has a "poor woe is me" internet posting of his pathetic plea for pity and blaming one other man for all his troubles. Wander what his thoughts would be if it hadnt been proven in a court of law that the man was an embezzler? thief? whatever you may wish to call him.

Funny how the "big players"in this game have all now been convicted of some sort of wrongdoing and accuse another the loudest..

Lay off Zytx...this was all tried before.....by you......same subject....same stance.....your posts truly are getting tiresome.

• _Pix__Pix_ Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by _Pix_

@OP:
    To make it short and clear:
    [...]
    I am (obviously) not in your position, nor NPCube's, or P. Campion's, but if I were , I would certainly think a bit more of the potential consequences of the numerous slanderous quotes and messages that you've been posting. This is just an advice.

Well, current status seems to be there are no more official Dark and Light boards nor NPCube's official website as of yesterday. Poetic justice, you said. Humm, the power of silent action, for sure  

• Ivan2Ivan2 Member Posts: 10

And I just noticed that as well.

That's unfortunate.

The Dark and Light website and forum server is down ...

Pix. To be honest. I blame you.This is your fault.

Why did you leave Np3cube? Was it such a bad working place. What is wrong with you? Why did you leave Phillippe? Why do you spend so much time talking and doing irrelevant things without answering those key questions? It doesn't matter that the French court convicted them in a counter suit. It was an insignificant case and you and your fans have blown it out of porportion.

Why don't you answer what is wrong with you, why you left and why you bail out on people with big dreams. Phillipe had big dreams, Stephane's team had big dreams and even helped further your career. Why did you step on those people?

WHY!?

• DracisDracis Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by ZtyX

Why did you leave Np3cube? Was it such a bad working place. What is wrong with you? Why did you leave Phillippe? Why do you spend so much time talking and doing irrelevant things without answering those key questions? It doesn't matter that the French court convicted them in a counter suit. It was an insignificant case and you and your fans have blown it out of porportion.

Why don't you answer what is wrong with you, why you left and why you bail out on people with big dreams. Phillipe had big dreams, Stephane's team had big dreams and even helped further your career. Why did you step on those people?

WHY!?

Says the obvious over zealous fanboi in denial.....

I think a court of law is by far a better standard of judegement than your raving lunatic drivel. Like I said on the official boards, I had dealings with the devs during SoG (after _Pix_ had left the company) and literally because I caught them cheating in favor of one faction of players, they tried to bribe me with ingame Goth to keep my mouth shut. Oh, and the Dev in particular I caught cheating ZtyX, was Vuuar. That isn't all of it, but it's part of the things I saw and had happen to me while dealing with the developers.

While my decision to leave the game was not based on _Pix_'s information, ( I found out about all of this stuff later on, much to my horror), my dealings with the current developers, at the time, seems to back up his story more than it does not. I also remember talking to the BigWorld Server technician and some of the things he said also back up _Pix_'s story, not of all of it I posted here.

Sorry ZtyX, people like you, who defend games to the very end, in light of the truth, are the problem, not programmers and designers like _Pix_.

What is so "key " for you about those questions? Why is it any of your business why he decided to leave? Its his life and he can do whatever he wants with it. Its not his responsibility to make a game for you.

You probably wouldn't understand this, but in life you have to make tough decisions. Sometimes you have to hurt people. Sometimes you have to leave your friends behind when it becomes clear that you can't work with them anymore. Sometimes you have to quit a job where people are counting on you because the job itself is no longer working for the greater good. Sometimes you have to do what is best for yourself and your own life. Other people need to make the same decisions for themselves. In the end its up to every person to make those decisions.

The DnL devs had tough decisions to make and it looks to me like they made those decisions poorly. They choose to rip off their customers and release an unfinished game. This is the result of that. Their website is gone, their game is down and they have to hide out in China.

Pix also made tough decisions. It seems to me he made his decisions a lot better. Atleast he doesn't have to hide out in China.

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360

WHY!?

You know, you're umm, kind of creeping us out.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by Pale_Fire

WHY!?

You know, you're umm, kind of creeping us out.

Oh he is wayyyyyy past that. I think ol Ztyx has gone certified nutso... 

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• sorezsorez Member Posts: 39

Oh ZtyX.... you get creepier by the day... 

Well, seems like we have heard the last of Ztyx... for now.

He continues to post in the Darkfall forums but it seems he doesn't have the guts to come back here.

So now we wait for Halloween... the day Darkfall dies.

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Raltar

Well, seems like we have heard the last of Ztyx... for now.
    He continues to post in the Darkfall forums but it seems he doesn't have the guts to come back here.
    So now we wait for Halloween... the day Darkfall dies.

Hehe.  Heck, what are we doing here?  The game is dead, the website for the dead game is dead.  This forum is nothing more than post mortum discussions of a perfect example of abject "MMORPG Fail".

And the curtain descends for the last time...silence.

• bratislabratisla Member Posts: 17

I saw the link ... it was two years ago. The original poster (Campion) sent it on a french forum "full of haters" while - what a coincidence - the justice things began to be set into motion. 

Now this link is posted again, by game zealots, while - what a coincidence ! - the date for the final court decision Pourieux vs NPCube/Farlan draws near ....

On top of that, the link does have nothing in common with the current case being judged - except that it throws mud and unproved allegations on Pix.

I don't like to be taken as an amnesic dumb. Not at all. ZtyX, explain yourself. And try hard to convince me of your reasons.

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604
    Originally posted by bratisla

I saw the link ... it was two years ago. The original poster (Campion) sent it on a french forum "full of haters" while - what a coincidence - the justice things began to be set into motion. 
    Now this link is posted again, by game zealots, while - what a coincidence ! - the date for the final court decision Pourieux vs NPCube/Farlan draws near ....
    On top of that, the link does have nothing in common with the current case being judged - except that it throws mud and unproved allegations on Pix.

I don't like to be taken as an amnesic dumb. Not at all. ZtyX, explain yourself. And try hard to convince me of your reasons.

I would also like to add that if this is in fact a "true testimonial"and full story of the Campion side of the story........then why does he leave out the part about his conviction of stealing money from the company?

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Member Posts: 96

OP:

You are defending a criminal for phuq's sake.  I suppose the next stance you will take will be in defense of George W. Bush,  Joshua Milton Blahyi or Thug Behram.

If i were you, i'd pick my battles a bit smarter or else you will only be viewed as a complete ass-hat.

It is 9 p.m.  Do you know where your code is?

Yes, I read this document quite many times. I think it's really interesting to get the version from someone who doesn't seem to be manipulating. I think Avefenix put it very well when he said that he cares more about Phillippe's 1 journal than all of Pix's writing. I agree.

About the developers. You know. It's hard to get top professional developers with you to move to an island. Norwegian developers moved to Greece to work on Darkfall. They lost some people and they had to find Greek developers to help them with the project. It can work, but it's hard.

So no, the developers of this game weren't the best of all. But, they were more professional enough to make Dark and Light. Because they were already in the mmorpg business. It was them that approached Pix. Stephane Quillichini and others I don't know the names of.

When you look at Dark and Light. A lot of people would say that it is an empty world and the only thing it has going for it is the engine.

Well, what exactly do people see when they play any game? They see the world. But the world is just a fraction of the whole picture really.

Everyone who went to the live events and had fun playing Dark and Light weren't playing with the world and running around in it. .. They were enjoying the combat, the live quests, the exploration of cities, the flying, the functions of snowboarding, paragliding. They were having fun crafting, building holdings, forts. They were making money, chatting with their friends, having fun recruiting people to their guild. Making an interactive place. They enjoyed these forums that actually are pretty good compared to other games' forums.

All of those things are not directly linked to Pix's work. It's true his work made a lot of it possible. And that's not a surprise. The engine makes things in a game possible.

- That's why Farlan approached Phillippe and Pix about hiring them to work with them on Mauritius. Because the engine is important and had to be built around a technology allowing a massive world.

What essentially happened was that because Pix was coding and Phillippe was managing and coming up with ideas, Pix told Farlan it was his project. He totally went around Campion's back. And then he goes and does the same fucking thing to Farlan some years later. It's irony.

This man leaves the company because he smells money and because he doesn't feel like he is recognized enough. He leaves at a most critical time. When the engine has been developed and they are in the process of implementing FEATURES!

Why were so many Dark and Light fans disappointed? Because the game had not enough features and some features were broken!

Well. That is because Pix leaves the company, I think, more than 2 years before the launch. Therefore, the whole thing about beta being SOG and SOG being DNL. Feature wise it could have been pretty much the same. Although I saw many differences. .. but, the developers didn't waste their time. They tried to work with his code. But they couldnt. .. We have already heard what another programmer professional said about Pix's coding skills. They dated back to Methuselah.

So, Yes. I believe in the unfortunate situation. And I don't think that things can be explained by just this guy is bad and this guy is good.

Deeper personality within the subjects and advanced circumstances create/colour the truth of what really happened.

I'd also like to say that a lot of games launch pretty much like DnL. This case was worse because of Pix leaving.

In a normal situation we would still have a pretty much empty game.

There would have been more there. But you have to remember how hard it is to fill a world like DnL. Both with features and with scenery.

I think that when DnL relaunches, we will see big improvements on functionality and with a lot more world building completed. The Chinese are known to work hard. And this time they have had a lot of time to figure out what to do next with the game. ..

Maybe Stephane Quillichini made the right choice to go to China to keep working. Maybe there was nothing more to do on Mauritian island. I think the remaining developers had the chance of coming with him to China and to stop. ..Some chose to stop and they resigned/got fired.

Pix was increasingly making things more difficult/hot for them in France or Mauritian Island. So leaving to China was not because they wered scared. It was the only right thing to do for Vuuar.

I think Vuuar is still working on this project. Because he has already invested lots of money and time of his whole life into this project. He won't give up now. Not if there is still a chance. .. Some of the other developers have probably given up.

But, it's personal now between Pix and Stephane.

When reading Pix's posts, I also don't think he has anything positive to say about DnL project. He is like a bad troll. He only sees the negative. He tries to make everyone else see the negative.

But I promise you all. And Avefenix will agree.

There is still hope.

TL:DR

I'll keep asking you this question until you anwser it, real short and simple:

Even if Pix is satan himself, Vworld was just asking to be stolen and you have all the evidence to prove it, how does that erase all the other problems with the game? How does that erase the fact that nobody else at the company could program their way out of a cardboard box? How does that forgive the fact that they stole from their customers and charged money from people who had no desire to play? How does that change the way they lied to and mistreated every single paying customer in every way they could come up with?

Even if Pix doesn't give a flying rat's hindquarters about MMORPGs and even if he destroyed the game by leaving the company, that doesn't change the fact that the company itself was corrupt and mistreated its customers. Even if the game had been great there would still be legions of people unwilling to play it because of the mistreatment they had to suffer at the hands of Farlan and NPCube. All the begging, pleading, harassing and trolling you do on these forums won't change that fact.

And in five days a judge will hand down the verdict that will be the final nail in the coffin of this awful game.

There is no hope for DnL!

• japojapo Member Posts: 306

Blah, blah, blah.....

I think that when DnL relaunches, we will see big improvements on functionality and with a lot more world building completed. The Chinese are known to work hard. And this time they have had a lot of time to figure out what to do next with the game. ..
    blah, blah, blah.....

Lol....relaunch....lol.