Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Squig Herder Guide

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com Warhammer Online Correspondent John Lisenby writes this excellent guide to playing a Squig Herder in Mythic Entertainment's latest creation. In the guide, John talks about advancing your herder and even provides a full list of abilities.

So you want to know about the Squig Herder? Well here you go information and help to get you going rounding up those squigies. Here you will find skills, pet info, and other information just on this little git. Here is what I learned while hanging out with the guild Arsenal on the Bretonnia server. They helped me out with seeing how the herder works in groups and he is a great group support character. Also they helped in trying other things out, such as guild RvR and PQ areas. And the herder is a foe to deal with even on his own. So sit back and soak up the knowledge you are about to see below and enjoy!

The Squig Herder uses a bow and spear as his weapons. He can choose to sit back in the rear of the battle or jump up into the front lines along side his squig and stabbity the target. So you have the choice of sitting back in safety or jumping out into the front lines with this class.

Read the guide here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• m3tam3ta Member Posts: 59

"KABOOM!

Explode you battle squig causing you to be launche upward out of you squig armor. "

"you"-"your" (2x!!)

"launche"-"launched"

• CosbySweaterCosbySweater Member UncommonPosts: 37

Sounds like a fun class to play.  I hope to try out this game when I put together my new computer next week.

• gom276gom276 Member Posts: 48

what they fail to mention is how absolutely squishy squig herders are.  We have some big hits if you stack ballistic gear like mad.  But you will find yourself the primary target mostly because the order see's a squig as a free kill.   So take my advice and if they come running sticky them and beat it the hell out of there.

Gom276
    Prolific MMO player
    Just can't say no to any mmo

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by gom276

what they fail to mention is how absolutely squishy squig herders are.  We have some big hits if you stack ballistic gear like mad.  But you will find yourself the primary target mostly because the order see's a squig as a free kill.   So take my advice and if they come running sticky them and beat it the hell out of there.

"But do not confuse this with meaning you are able to be a tank. (Ya not a Black Orc)"

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• lorechaserlorechaser Member Posts: 124

While I appreciate the list of skills, I was really hoping for some sort of actual strategy guide, beyond "here are the basics of skills, here are all the skills you can buy."

Since I can simply go to a career trainer and see every skill in the game for my class, more would be useful....

Who am I?
    @Lorechaser on CoH
    Badjuju, Splinterhoof, Plainsrunner on WoW (Moonrunner)
    Shyy'rissk on SWG (Flurry)
    ClockworkSoldier, HE Pierce, Letnev on Planetside
    Gyshe, Crucible, Terrakal on DDO
    And many more.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Agreed an article just listing information available elsewhere is not really a guide.  A guides needs to include details on gameplay.

• herennowherennow Member UncommonPosts: 70

Agreed. I'm kind of confused by this. Anyway I've forgotten the rules about off-site linkages. If they're not allowed my apologies and please delete this post but an actual herder guide can be found here:

http://warhammervault.ign.com/wiki/index.php/Squig_Herder_Guide

• lareslocilaresloci Member UncommonPosts: 373

Thank-you for the link above....the author of this "Guide" should be tied to a pole and licked and slobbered upon by a 100 squigs.

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

• BlastFoxBlastFox Member Posts: 1

Good for a starter guide, but a few Infos are missing.....1 Career, 1 Renown and 1 Tome tactic is only the start.

At Rank 20, 30 and 40 you get another Career tactic slot, resulting in 4 Career tactic slots at rank 40.

At Rank 25 you get a second Renown tactic slot.

Only 1 Tome tactic slot, but they only give minor boni like being able to approach a greenskin monster 50% closer before being aggroed and stuff like that.

And please delete the stuff about "jumping" around....make it easier for the healers and DON'T jump all the time.