Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rebalancing

SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127

The players are right, and by constantly rebalancing this game, and telling them they don't know what they are talking about, is only going to cause problems.

As quoted from one of the most successful MMORPG designers: "Your players play the game far more than you ever will, and will generally know more about your own game than you do. Listening to your playerbase is one of the most important aspects of game design, and telling them that you know better may be the worst thing you can do."

Really now, giving such a horrible nerf to DM is absolutely absurd... About 1/2 of my team is planning to quit if this goes through. DMs are not overpowered, the other classes are just annoyed that a support class isn't totally defenseless against them in PvP.

Comments

• LoginMessageLoginMessage Member Posts: 5

actually, the reason for the DM, or Drone Master rebelance is due to DM, or Engineers solo content made for far more expensive content.  Recently, a DM attacked my team using two accounts.  The attacking account's current player was a lvl 168 DM using 4 Titans to kill a full Argonaut base on a stationary planet.  The other account's current player was a Shield Monkey, and was healing the attack player.

Even with healing from the other bases and players, the Titans were breaking the target base's shield regeneration.

At that level, the titan drones could and can destroy any player or ai meant for taht level range one on one.  Players could use that tactic to power level or level really quickly or afk level or leveling by not even playing Star Sonata and doing something else to about level 500, where they would have the skill points for lots of skills and should have the credits to go from beginner's ship to a basic Tech20 ship, which allows them to power/afk level in C7, to level 1000, and have the credits to buy a Rhino or considerablely upgrade his Tech20 ship.  Then, he considers himself uber, or one of the best players and brags.  That usually annoys half the playerbase and gets him killed enough so he quits, and SS loses a player, or gets him branded as an "uber Noob" and disallows him decent chance to get on a decent team.

Now if the player changes class, usually to Berserker or Speed Demon, he is not in good shape.  Because he power/afk leveled so quickly, he often has no clue how to make a good augmenter, or modification setup to his new Speed Demon ship.  He has to be taught about his new class from other players, which he usually refuses because he is level 1000+ and thinks to be uber enough to not have help, which leaves him branded as a "Noob" and usually keeps him off the decent teams.  Then, he might get killed up in Warp level 3, either by a player, or AI ship.  He quits thinking SS is too hard and SS loses another possible good player.

Border Collie Light Fighters rule

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127

Well honestly, if titans can break your argonaut's regen, you need to build a better base. I might be a DM myself, but I can tell you the amount of money we need to spend is disproportionate to other classes, and it is not as easy as you say. I was fighting another player who had titans to save a team base, and that unaugged Ambrosia was able to kill the other player with only the laser, since it was missing the other weapons.

So, the point here is:

1. Make better bases.
    2. Unless you have been a DM to level 1000, don't tell other people what it is like.

I am a level 800 DM and I do know how to build bases, I do know how to make augmenters, and I do know how to play. Your post was not only incorrect, but insulting as well.

• LoginMessageLoginMessage Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Simiswimm

Well honestly, if titans can break your argonaut's regen, you need to build a better base. I might be a DM myself, but I can tell you the amount of money we need to spend is disproportionate to other classes, and it is not as easy as you say. I was fighting another player who had titans to save a team base, and that unaugged Ambrosia was able to kill the other player with only the laser, since it was missing the other weapons.
    So, the point here is:
    1. Make better bases.

2. Unless you have been a DM to level 1000, don't tell other people what it is like.
    I am a level 800 DM and I do know how to build bases, I do know how to make augmenters, and I do know how to play. Your post was not only incorrect, but insulting as well.

so you are Abdum the Great?

Border Collie Light Fighters rule