Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sandbox or linear?

YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Which is this game? Judging from the WoW look-a-like feel I would guess it is linear but hoping I am wrong.

Comments

• NorthelmROMNorthelmROM Member Posts: 9

It is more sandbox then it is linear, sure there a some instanced dungeons etc but there are no load times between zones & you can go anywhere that you can see.

I'm impressed with the freedom, i hope all the of critics will actually play this game & realise: 1. It is NOT a WoW clone & 2. The CS is in no way giving an unfair advantage.

-Runes of Magic-
    IGN: Northelm
    Class: Knight / Priest
    Guild: The Disciples of Magic
    Server: Test Server

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Hm, that is interesting but just have a seamless world doesnt make the game sand-box. That is rather a core-design when they design different parts of the world. E.g. in a sandbox world you can level up in many different areas and ways (grinding or questing) but in a linear game you need to follow a somewhat linear path of zones/areas to level up your character.

As an example WoW, and EQ, are quite linear where the zones are clearly made for a specific level range in mind and questing, in WoW, is the fastest way by far to level your character.