Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buddy Keys or Trial Keys?

Have a friend who wants to give it a try...is EA running any type of Promo ATM?

Comments

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771
    Originally posted by Force_Fire

Have a friend who wants to give it a try...is EA running any type of Promo ATM?

No.  Did you buy a boxset yourself?  You can check your box to confirm that there is no buddy trial whatever key.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

No offense, but I hope they never implement trials. The gold spammers are completely out of hand as it is, even after the banhammer has been dropped.

• AdnoxAdnox Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 3

I have to agree with you here. Even though the trials are nice for those who actually want to see if they like the game, they will mostly be abused by gold farmers/sellers. I do believe though after a couple months EA will want to boost the game up and they will probably have the temp accounts for a couple bucks or maybe a refer a friend trial. Sad but true.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Quite simply. Trial accounts shouldn't be able to trade or send e-mails. I'm looking to try this game.... but it's a lot of money to lash on a game you might not even play than a couple of days if you don't like it.

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771
    Originally posted by Jackcolt

Quite simply. Trial accounts shouldn't be able to trade or send e-mails. I'm looking to try this game.... but it's a lot of money to lash on a game you might not even play than a couple of days if you don't like it.

It works both ways, or it cuts both ways.

In WoW, trial accounts are totally restricted.  You can do absolutely nothing, you cannot even use the general channels to spam, so the spammers use local say in OG.  That almost solves the gold spammer problem, except that gold seller hack accounts and spam using the hacked account.  Unfortunately, this means trial players are excluded from many aspects of game, my dear one cannot even talk to me with /tell when I let her try WoW with my trial key.  Very sad way to show her WoW, when she find herself totally alone without any ability to communicate.

EQ2 actually has the best solution.  Trial members play on the trial island, you can do anything inside the trial island, and spamming there won't do the gold sellers any good.

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

I hope they do a trial. I want to try the game but I don't feel like paying the $100 just to find out the Mrs doesn't like it. We try to play the same MMO's but she's a lot less open to paying the money without the trial. I can't blame her and hell I can't complain, I found a cute gamer chick that loves football lol.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.