Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A fantasy based Planetside style game..

spartanp1spartanp1 Member Posts: 20

Hey I played planetside for a long time, and saw sony destroy it with BFRs and terrible updates... The game Darkfall looks promising. The only problem is its Fantasy and I know a lot of guys on there will be like "what?! Do I look like some sort of loser?!?! give me a gun and ammo thats what Im talking about HOOOOOOOYAAAAHHHH!" lol just kidding.. kind of.. anyways what do yall think of it?

Fully Black High Gloss Finish ATX Full Tower
GeForce GTX 260 896MB
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB
Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB
I wanna go fast...

Comments

• DM19DM19 Member UncommonPosts: 122

Yeah darkfall looks good but i think fallen earth is going to be better seeing as its a fps like ps and you can take over towns so hoping it will turn out in a way like a ps 2

And just like to add if you have not played ps in some time theres been a lot of great updates and bfr's are any thing but a porb now more like walking xp hehe

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Savage 2 is the game you are looking for - ROCKS!

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

Dark Messiah of Might and magic had fantastic first person melee combat and a really well done multiplayer that you leveled up in and got a point per level to upgrade your character like talent tree's. I'm not sure if theres anyone playing it online now but it's the game all developers need to look at if they want to create fantasy first person combat.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

Dark Messiah of Might and magic had fantastic first person melee combat and a really well done multiplayer that you leveled up in and got a point per level to upgrade your character like talent tree's. I'm not sure if theres anyone playing it online now but it's the game all developers need to look at if they want to create fantasy first person combat.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Isaiah 41:10
  • TR-MattTR-Matt Member Posts: 24

Stop advertising shit games in the Planetside forum. Besides Darkfall isn't even like Planetside. Planetside is about balanced gameplay. Every weapon will do the same damage regardless of the player using it, and a BR25 has the same health points as a BR1. The armor and weapons are designed so they all have advantages and disadvantages, none are simply better is every single way and if that ever becomes the case the community will call for the overpowered weapon to be balanced. Furthermore Planetside has no PvE and, although you can loot any items off dead opponent's, loot doesn't mean much since Planetside doesn't have any loot grind.

Compare this to Darkfall which is the opposite in all these points and it's clear the games aren't very similar at all. Planetside's gameplay is much more strategic and competitive than I suspect Darkfalls ever will be and, despite being 6 years old, PS's technology is better as well. I can play Planetside's North American server and regularly get 30ms ping while many people have had difficulty even connecting to DF's server. To sum it all up DF fanboys should stay in the DF forum.

• CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

I liked planetside alot, the thing for me was it was missing depth and customization on your character.

Still I had alot of fun with it.

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

• wootinwootin Member Posts: 259
    Originally posted by TR-Matt

Stop advertising shit games in the Planetside forum. Besides Darkfall isn't even like Planetside. Planetside is about balanced gameplay. Every weapon will do the same damage regardless of the player using it, and a BR25 has the same health points as a BR1. The armor and weapons are designed so they all have advantages and disadvantages, none are simply better is every single way and if that ever becomes the case the community will call for the overpowered weapon to be balanced. Furthermore Planetside has no PvE and, although you can loot any items off dead opponent's, loot doesn't mean much since Planetside doesn't have any loot grind.
    Compare this to Darkfall which is the opposite in all these points and it's clear the games aren't very similar at all. Planetside's gameplay is much more strategic and competitive than I suspect Darkfalls ever will be and, despite being 6 years old, PS's technology is better as well. I can play Planetside's North American server and regularly get 30ms ping while many people have had difficulty even connecting to DF's server. To sum it all up DF fanboys should stay in the DF forum.

Please don't play Planetside anymore. We need to starve it to death so Sony will sell it off to some company that doesn't consider it a piece of crap stuck in the corner of their megacorp product portfolio.

When that happens, the new company will likely relaunch it with new player specials, free time for referrals, and maybe even outfit incentives such as revenue sharing for hosting game advertising and signing up new members. And then, they'll get investment to make us a Planetside 2, and I will be one happy returning Planetside player :D

• societysociety Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by wootin

Please don't play Planetside anymore. We need to starve it to death so Sony will sell it off to some company that doesn't consider it a piece of crap stuck in the corner of their megacorp product portfolio.
    When that happens, the new company will likely relaunch it with new player specials, free time for referrals, and maybe even outfit incentives such as revenue sharing for hosting game advertising and signing up new members. And then, they'll get investment to make us a Planetside 2, and I will be one happy returning Planetside player :D

That, that, that!!!

Playing: EVE, WAR, Cybernations lol