Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Off to a bad start: Can't even get past EULA?

WarmakerWarmaker San Diego, CAPosts: 2,231Member

So I'm off to a real bad start with my experience in this game.

I install just fine.  I set up my account just fine.  I log in and patch just fine.  I view the intro movie just fine (that goblin gets no love).  But the game just gets stuck at the EULA screen.

No amount of waiting, scrolling, clicking, alt+tab'ing, hitting enter, hitting escape, ctrl+alt+del... NOTHING... gets me past or outside that EULA screen.  Restarting the computer and re-entering the game results in the same exact thing.  Since there is no official forum, much less a official tech support forum... oh well.

WTF is going on?

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

Comments

• ProfRedProfRed Duluth, GAPosts: 3,511Member

Did you try scrolling the cursor to the bottom causing the accept button to become clickable, and then clicking it?

• banthisbanthis orlando, FLPosts: 1,891Member

Make sure your blocking anything with a firewall in the background.  You get EULA every time you log in but the most you have to do is grab the scroll tab move it down alllllllllllllllllllllllll the waaaaaaaaaay to the bottom and then cilck it. YOu have to scroll to the absolute bottom of the EULA before it'll let you click it & hit accept.

really doesn't take a genuis to figure that out especially when no one else on earth has this issue.

• WarmakerWarmaker San Diego, CAPosts: 2,231Member

I can't click anything on the EULA window to even scroll the button down.  I get the proper WAR cursor, but nothing registers or srolls when I try to click it.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• trevornortrevornor Arvada, COPosts: 154Member

Well, back in beta, I sometimed crashed to to desktop from that screen when my network hickupped during connection (damned shared connection in an appartment complex). Behind the screen was usually an error message saying "authentication Failed. Program Shutting Down" and the original screen was non-responsive. Try Alt-Tab to see if you have some sort of error in the background.

From there I had to check to see if the connection was up. In your case, I would check to see if your firewall/router/network is preventing authentication.

I hope it helps

• WarmakerWarmaker San Diego, CAPosts: 2,231Member

Alright, just simply had to add WAR to Norton Internet Security's firewall program list.  Let me get in and get crushed by people now.

Thanks for the leads guys!