It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I’ve been reading threads on this forum for several weeks now. Unlike many of those that post here (and on other game forums on this site) I’m a relative newcomer to the MMO world having played only Guildwars for a couple years (for the nice mix of PvE and PvP) and WoW (Fantastic classes and world) for the last year. In fact I’m still playing WoW finally exploring the horde side and amazingly enough still having fun. I’m a causal player putting no more than one to two hours of time in a night with a bit more on the weekends but enough with the autobiography.
I visit this site almost daily and more specifically various game forums including LOTRO, Warhammer Online, Tabula Rasa, and others but recently this forum seems to be the one I browse the most. The game has a great look to it and is loaded with nearly everything on my online world wish list. I realize there are still bugs (BTW I found several quest bugs in WoW too ) and that some people just get all lame when it comes to anything SOE. However the appeal of a huge world to explore, a large variety of classes to choose from, and unique elements such as diplomacy make it hard to resist. A friend and I are seriously considering making Vanguard our third game of choice to play but like my potential players I have a few questions.
1) One of the things I really like about WoW is the time and effort Blizzard took in creating their world. Even with cartoony low poly graphics nearly all the area have a great look and feel. The landscape of forest/villages/cities, sites and sounds all combined in a very immersive way. I keep reading how nice the graphics are in VG but graphics are only half of it. Does the world just make you want to slow down and take a look around?
2) Are quest well written? I know there will be the usual go get me 10 of this and that quests but I’m one of those lame people who actually quest dialog. Do quests give you a sense of accomplishment or are they just a means to the next level.
3) I know there are lots of classes to choose from but do they all have a distinct playing style? Is character development varied in that there are several paths to take in each class?
4) Are there things to do when not questing or grouped. I know there is crafting but are there minor activities (like fishing in WoW) to do?
5) Is the success of your character based solely on what gear you have?
6) What is the guild system like?
7) is this game for casual players?
1) Is thee PvP and if so what types?
I apologize for my long winded post. I appreciate any comments and feedback. I’d like to hear from everyone but no flames or thread trolling please. I would like to get the reasonable opinions of those people who have tried the game since GU5 being negative or positive.