Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Played Trial for 6 hours last night

2»

Comments

• TheHorrorTheHorror Member Posts: 29

I miss Tabula Rasa.  It really is good at what it does.  Every time I play other MMOs now I am always thinking back to how much fun I had in Tabula Rasa.  Unfortunately once you get through the game once or twice there is not really much point going back.

I think the best way to play this game is to get 3-4 of your friends to pick up the game together.  Then you organise one and only one night of the week when all of you can play, and everyone logs on after work that one night and goes for it.  It would take months and months to get through it all, wouldnt get old, and everyone would have a blast of a time every single minute they were on.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by TheHorror

I miss Tabula Rasa.  It really is good at what it does.  Every time I play other MMOs now I am always thinking back to how much fun I had in Tabula Rasa.  Unfortunately once you get through the game once or twice there is not really much point going back.
    I think the best way to play this game is to get 3-4 of your friends to pick up the game together.  Then you organise one and only one night of the week when all of you can play, and everyone logs on after work that one night and goes for it.  It would take months and months to get through it all, wouldnt get old, and everyone would have a blast of a time every single minute they were on.

I agree that would be fun and make the content last, but you have to admit when you need to go to those lengths to make the content last the dev team has failed to make an MMO.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

just played the trial again for a while.. while the game is fun it just lacks content to be worth 15 bucks a month, and im not talking about missing endgame stuff just the overall game

just curious tho.. is there anything to raid for armor or something? also i didnt really find an active player driven economy in this game, is that cause of any restrictions on the trial acc?

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by 3on1

just played the trial again for a while.. while the game is fun it just lacks content to be worth 15 bucks a month, and im not talking about missing endgame stuff just the overall game
    just curious tho.. is there anything to raid for armor or something? also i didnt really find an active player driven economy in this game, is that cause of any restrictions on the trial acc?

Thay are adding some instances that are repeatable and have loot you can only get there but they are not really raids as you can go with 2 and do anything in this game. You could probably solo them if you take your time and do it right.

The economy at least on Pagasus when I was there was pretty bad a month ago, this has nothing to do with restrictions on trilans and everything to do with the fact that almost no one was farming and selling loot anymore.

I came back in mid July and stayed until mid August and decided to play my commando. Buying and or finding armor for him was very hard. I was wearing a couple of grey pieces at levels 20 and 25 because the market simply had nothing to offer for those pieces. The Military Surplus is a good idea, but without people to farm and then sell or crafting(the new crafting will not help enough since you can not just make weapons and put them for sale you can only modify) to fill the need the supply of many items feels short.

I sold some stuff when I came back that I had left over from my loot farming days earlier in the year and some of it I was the only person on the server selling. I made a ton of money in a week just getting rid of stuff that would not sell in April.

• BearmugBearmug Member CommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Originally posted by ssjdagas

The trial seems interesting and because the game is so cheap these days to buy I might get it, but I've heard there's not much to do later in the game, but a month of play might be worth 10 euro.

10 euro!! I got it at $4.99 .. so that less than 1/2 :P

Definite it is worth 10 euros. I heard it is bad after level 30 ... but $4.99 is a steal to play UP TO level 30.

Yeah, 4.99$ plus shipping..... I'll buy it for 10 €, comes out cheaper.

A friend convinced me to try it out, so I'll be downloading trial tomorrow and checking it out. I really need a break from all the fantasy games :)

• ArchandorArchandor Member Posts: 12

As people have said the game is fun for a while.  Enjoy it while it lasts.  I played for a month and wouldn't begrudge others trying it.  I went back to EQ2 and have that "This is cool!" even after months of playing.  That lasted in TR for about 2 weeks. 

My 2 coppers worth.  Flame away.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Bearmug

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Originally posted by ssjdagas

The trial seems interesting and because the game is so cheap these days to buy I might get it, but I've heard there's not much to do later in the game, but a month of play might be worth 10 euro.

10 euro!! I got it at $4.99 .. so that less than 1/2 :P

Definite it is worth 10 euros. I heard it is bad after level 30 ... but $4.99 is a steal to play UP TO level 30.

Yeah, 4.99$ plus shipping..... I'll buy it for 10 €, comes out cheaper.

A friend convinced me to try it out, so I'll be downloading trial tomorrow and checking it out. I really need a break from all the fantasy games :)

No shipping. I picked it up at the local Fry's. So I pay $4.99 + tax which is less than $5.50 :) It comes out cheaper for me.

So far it is fun. The game play mechanics is not as varied as a fantasy game like WOW though. There seems to be less skills than a game like WOW. I do enjoy switching the guns around for teh right occasion though.

It probably won't last me for a long time ... but for less than $6 .. it is good value.

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

Wow, all of the TR players are here!

All 10 of them!

Hurry, troll while you have their attention!

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

I actually recently started playing TR again. It has it's pluses, you see.

I can log in for a couple hours and just casually play, since at this point I don't have the time for a hardcore MMO. Just too busy with RL.

My son can play with me, and my GF, who loves shooters, can play as well, since it's fast-paced enough to keep her attention.

TR is seriously lacking as far as an MMO, of course. But as a shooter with RPG elements, it's the bomb.

• haggus71haggus71 Member Posts: 254

@ Sevenwind: Florentine, ranger lvl 23 on Pegasus

• haggus71haggus71 Member Posts: 254
    Originally posted by Plasuma!!!

All 10 of them!

Irony?

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414
    Originally posted by haggus71

Originally posted by Plasuma!!!

All 10 of them!

Irony?

LOL this troll cant even figure out if he wants to troll or troll bash.

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.