Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wotlk beta and WAR.

2»

Comments

• wardog250wardog250 Member Posts: 249
    Originally posted by syxx

Ive been playing Wotlk beta now since preview weekend ended and all i got to say is, As long term WoW players like myself will be disgusted, as i was. I'll be writing a more in depth review on Wotlk on the WoW forums when i get more time but for now here's some logic. 
         IF you got anything to say to flame me , or if you disagree then your better off writing Blizzard development because these are facts...not just opinions.
        1.) Stormwind harbor, yeah its cool but um should have been added years ago to cut travel times.
        2.) The new class dk plays well but i was truly disgusted to start right in front of the lich king...and hes suppose to be the baddest ass in the game to date...but even his character model looks like a grease drinking retard. There's even quests that make him look pretty weak.
        3.) For the most part, Northrend is the same thing as BC with grindfests, timesinks etc. It's just new scenery with for the most part boring boring gameplay.
        4.) They upped all cooldowns...this means your going to see talents to lower cooldowns...Why this is a problem?. Because enhance shamans have been crying to be fixed for years instead of constant nerfbats..So what does blizzard do?. They higher Stormstrike Cd and give you a talent that ends up making it 2 sec's lower....fire ele and earth ele are now on 20 min cd's.. Completely pointless development that makes you feel like your finally not being nerfed when in fact you really are. But dont get me wrong i have 5 70's..and feel the same way about every single one of those classes.
       5.) When i found out AQ war effort was back i rolled my eyes, Not only is this pointless but its absolutely retarded to the point of chest beating...Everyones gonna be 80 or trying to get to 80...AQ is of no meaning anymore. GG Blizz
       6.) It feels like a single player game when your not answering someone in general chat...Doesn' feel like anything is going on except for the quests your doing which are the same damn things over and over. It also takes about 2x the amount of time to actually level. Really really lame gameplay. Blizz development is doing nothing to make WoW more enjoyable or fun...
      7.) Sooooo many more logical things that should have been added years ago. I'll get to them when i have more time.

Now for the good part... What does this all have to do with WAR?. As you can see for yourself's from poor quality blizzard development that simply with WAR's features/feel and fun factor, It will make WAR a game worth spending some time on.    As for WoW, if your new to it and not tired of blizzard taking a dump on you every year then of course your going to go buy WOTLK. But if your a long term WOW player like myself and your going to continue to let blizz dump on you then you really belong in the handicapped section of MMO's.

You said a couple of things there that would have summed up this entire thread and avoided any tension.  You have 5 level 70 characters.  See, when a person starts complaining about a game they've played for years I just have to laugh.  How long can anyone play the same game over and over, especially one they've spent countless hours per week playing?

Games get boring when you've played them for a long time.  This is nothing new.  Picking out subtle flaws and issues with the game is simply our way of rejecting something we've been fondly attached to for so long in order to have some closer on the topic.

If you just sat down and thought about this for a minute, you woud have realize, WoW isn't a bad game, you've just gotten tired of it.

Most people who plan on playing WAR are from other games they've all played for years on end.  Its not that they are all utterly disgusted with their previous game, they simply got tired of it.  If you play a game for more than a year, you can hardly say the game is bad.  It milked you for hundreds of dollars; so, we come to two conclusions, you get talked out of your money easily or you considered the game a worthy investment.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo Galilei

• ZoulzZoulz Member Posts: 477

What you or anyone else think about wow really doesn't matter. At all. In the end, their is no doubt whatsoever that wow is a brilliant game. Their playerbase and success speaks clearly here, and this is the only fact that needs to be said about wow. You need to be able to look at the big picture and not only your own perspective of things.

Most of the OPs points are just nit-picking. I mean, the SW harbour? it should have been added long ago... so? Northrend is a grindfest like BC... is that suppose to be news? What did you expect? That they would change to entire game in wotlk?

Let's see how well WAR does. I'm looking forward to playing it.

• ObzerverObzerver Member Posts: 225
    Originally posted by Gazenthia

The OP is the WAR V WotLK analysis that I have been looking for

Exactly it was what you were looking for. you dont care if what he says is total BS. You jus see what you want to see.  Quite sure you'll be saying the same thing about WAR 3 years from now when another promising MMO enters a market.

Like someone else said, if the game was crap from the start and made absolutely no improvements, the why did you people pay to play it? for 3 years no less.

And the sole reason he bought his "review" in here was beacuse he was ceartain that WAR fanboys would have a field day with all his so called flaws. Good thing they saw through him and his plan backfired. Guess he wasnt that stupid though cosidering you believed in everything he said. You make something foolproof and the world makes a better fool.

if WAR is good (and tust me it is) you dont need to compare it to anything, let alone an unfinished game.

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

Originally posted by Obzerver

Quite sure you'll be saying the same thing about WAR 3 years from now when another promising MMO enters a market.

Like someone else said, if the game was crap from the start and made absolutely no improvements, the why did you people pay to play it? for 3 years no less.

Obzerver, here is the problem- I have said all along that WoW was an excellent game for quite a long time.

Key word here being "was".

There are very serious problems with WoW right now, almost all of them are relatively new. These new problems, such as the destruction of crafting, mishandled population spans, they all back-up into the core 1-60 game. Do you understand now? I would not recommend WoW to a new player unless they had a group of people dedicated to playing with them.

As to what I will be saying about WAR in 3 years, it is entirely possible that I will be saying the same things about it. Hopefully not. I am cautiously optimistic that those problems won't occur and stated why in most, if not all, cases.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I'm no WoW fan but I tend to ignore people who try to pass off there opinions as facts. The OP in his first post stated what he was going to say is fact then went on to state nothing but his opinions on WOTLK. Odds are I would agree with him on most but come on, dont try to pass opinion as fact. Makes you look stupid.

As to the PvE in WOTLK being the same stuff just rehashed, dont even need to play it to know that. PvE wont make a lick of diffrence though. The majority of thoes in WoW thinking about WAR are PvP players. Some PvE'ers will come over, especcialy once word of PQ's and the ToK starts spreading more. WoW has a verry large PvP player base though waiting for good PvP. If WOTLK doesnt deliver for them they will head to WAR plain and simple.

• MakestroMakestro Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by xenogias

I'm no WoW fan but I tend to ignore people who try to pass off there opinions as facts. The OP in his first post stated what he was going to say is fact then went on to state nothing but his opinions on WOTLK. Odds are I would agree with him on most but come on, dont try to pass opinion as fact. Makes you look stupid.
    As to the PvE in WOTLK being the same stuff just rehashed, dont even need to play it to know that. PvE wont make a lick of diffrence though. The majority of thoes in WoW thinking about WAR are PvP players. Some PvE'ers will come over, especcialy once word of PQ's and the ToK starts spreading more. WoW has a verry large PvP player base though waiting for good PvP. If WOTLK doesnt deliver for them they will head to WAR plain and simple.

The only reason I am not going to play WAR is it takes the worest parts of WoW's PvP(instanced Battlegrounds). Yes there are the RvR zones with objectives and all that shit, but I'm so sick of instancing and running battle ground I could puke. Instancing is and will always remain the stupidest thing you could ever add to a game that claims it's made for pure PvP. Now WAR doesn't claim to be a PvP game, it's RvR. I'm not a fan of RvR I find it boring because it's just a zerg fest and one side always ends up way more populated then the other and wins by sheer numbers and not skill. It's how RvR works, and it gets very boring very fast.

Just not my cup of tea, I'd rather wait for Darkfall or a certian underground SWG project to finish and play those. If mythic made a FFA server I'd possibly change my mind but the way they've designed the game it would be pretty much impossible.

But all of this don't matter, the OP is wrong about a lot of stuff with the WotLK beta. IN all honesty I think the people who have fun in BGs and arenas will enjoy WAR. Anyone who likes to gank, PvE, and solo/small group PvP will probably want to stick to WoW.

www.scarybadguys.com

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

the main thing to remember is that within a week of coming out wotlk is going to turn wow into the world of deathknights.  all deathknights all the time, who wants to grind their regular old characters theyve played to death when they can grind their brand new never played death knights?  can death knights fill all the group rolls of tanking healing dpsing ccing?  i kinda doubt it, glad i quit playing wow when bc came out and ruined my high warlord status and took all the fun out of the pvp with arenas.  have fun in world of deathknights though, ima be having fun sieging keeps and sacking the orders city in warhammer myself.

• devouxdevoux Member Posts: 86

Lol at OP, everyone gets burned by games after they play it crap loads. Just 'cause it happened to you dosn't mean you have to forums and flame the crap out of it. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with wotlk and stick with it. Don't flame me, im not a fanboy, infact i have never played the game past the 10 day trial.

• MakestroMakestro Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by neorandom

the main thing to remember is that within a week of coming out wotlk is going to turn wow into the world of deathknights.  all deathknights all the time, who wants to grind their regular old characters theyve played to death when they can grind their brand new never played death knights?  can death knights fill all the group rolls of tanking healing dpsing ccing?  i kinda doubt it, glad i quit playing wow when bc came out and ruined my high warlord status and took all the fun out of the pvp with arenas.  have fun in world of deathknights though, ima be having fun sieging keeps and sacking the orders city in warhammer myself.

Death Knights are not even that good, as a shaman I rock them with my enhancement spec(what I actually have gear for) and my elemental spec(all green gear I have got from the quests in northrend mind you I am level 71).

Death Knights are just a bunch of tricks and any real players will be able to heal through their damage because it's not that amazing. Currently the best spec for killing someone is Frost because of burst damage.

I think a lot of people will start a Death Knight and get turned off by it as they get closer to 80 and keep getting owned because they're to busy spamming attacks.

www.scarybadguys.com

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186
    Originally posted by devoux

Lol at OP, everyone gets burned by games after they play it crap loads. Just 'cause it happened to you dosn't mean you have to forums and flame the crap out of it.

The problems he listed have nothing to do with burn-out. That is what you don't understand. As I said before, the problems are actually new and have corrupted the 1-60 WoW gameplay. That is to say, that the 1-60 today is nothing like it was even 2 years ago.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• rofflewofflerofflewoffle Member Posts: 12

They see me trollin'

They hatin'

• YarosYaros Member Posts: 280

Please discuss WoW expansion on WoW forums, we are not interested in WoW here.

• AdythielAdythiel Member Posts: 726

In my opinion, Wrath of the Lich King is nothing special at all. This is after having seen hours and hours of the game being played by thousands and thousands of people at PAX this past weekend. If this tells you anything, more people played WAR and Starcraft 2 than played WoW: WotLK.

It is just more of the same stuff that is in WoW only you get 10 more levels and get to farm new instances that will get old after you've done it for the 5th time.

• ObzerverObzerver Member Posts: 225
    Originally posted by rofflewoffle

They see me trollin'

They hatin'

they hopin' they try to catch me grindin dirty

try to catch me grindin dirty x3

ug sorry had a chamillionare moment there. back on topic. totally agree with Yaros. Take your "review" to the WoW forums. i can assure you you'll get alot of attention there.