Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth trying again?

DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

I bought a RV account several weeks after it was released, I struggled with the buggy patching thing, the confusing account/password situation and the awesome lag. It was alright I guess, pretty buggy, pretty empty and with a maliciously unintuitive UI.

I played for a while, I got confused a lot, I met some very nice dudes who made it a lot less confusing. Eventually I gave up because it was just too buggy and empty.

So now, a significant period of time later is Roma Victor worth a second look? And how would I go about recovering my account, seeing as I've forgotten both my forum username and password?

---------------------------------------
No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

Comments

• KemarikKemarik Member Posts: 122

The game definately is worth another look.  I too was there at game launch and I can insure you, that kind of lag and server instability is long gone.   You may still encounter the occasional crash or disconnect though. The number of changes and additions to the game we have seen since launch are too numerous to list.  Give it a go but do yourself a favor and commit to a week or two before you decide whether to stay or not.  Much to see.

I think if you send an email to [email protected] they could probably help you regain your account based on your email address.

• StugramStugram Member Posts: 18

Yeah it is definitely worth another crack. Get in with a guild if you want to make life easier and much more enjoyable. It is a tough ride to try and go it alone in RV.

• philjwillphiljwill Member Posts: 80

Wait for darkfall beta instead :p

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by Kemarik

I think if you send an email to [email protected] they could probably help you regain your account based on your email address.

Unlikely.

I sent a support request about two and a half months ago.  After two months, I received a quick reply.  But still no action to this date.

• DeridiumDeridium Member Posts: 99

support is very poor. Also have asked questions and no response yet, been bout 2 months. terrible i must say

There can be only one

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

The biggest thing about this game is.   If you are a dedicated HITPOINT TIMMY POWER GAMER, then this is NOT the game for you.    But if you like realism to the point it hurts, then this maybe the game for you.   Its slow.   So slow infact it makes Eve, look like its fast paced.     But this doesnt make it a bad game.   Just a different kind of game.    I rather like it.   But my moods change so often in the gameing world.    But the one thing that I always want is realism.    And this does a good job of it. 

So much crap, so little quality.

• ZertyrZertyr Member UncommonPosts: 263

I actually tried a beta of this game, dont remember that much of it tho.

• PublicolaPublicola Member Posts: 3

Absolutely you should give RV another go. The community is changing all the time so we are always in need of new players.

Just log on in!!!

• commanderjimcommanderjim Member UncommonPosts: 40

Just started playing it again myself. Enjoying it much more this time round. Still needs work admittedly but give it time and it will be a great game.

Commander Jim

Were all living on knife's edge when will you fall off?

• CainurkCainurk Member Posts: 65

The ship is going down.

You can make a character, join a guild, and try to make a good start before it closes. Or, you can lament for what could have been a great thing, if it were not for mistakes in the gene pool. Your choice.

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

So I emailed the support address about a month ago and nothing happened. I think I'll live with it.

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• Cheech569Cheech569 Member Posts: 4

Join Barb, we are there!

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

He's trying to join, but he needs his account and password, and RB is not answering their emails.

I've been waiting 9 months now for help from Redbedlam to multiple support form requests.

You would think that at a minimum if people wanted to play their game, they would help them out.

9 months for support? That's not an exaggeration either.

The only option left DarkChronic, is that you could join me in my 9 month wait, since support forms are "always received and processed," just click the link below and don't expect anything soon. I think at this point, it's mostly a one-man-no-show.

Support queries submitted via the support form however are always received and processed in order.

Thanks!

-KFR