Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: New Cinematic Trailer

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Mythic Entertainment has released a new trailer for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, which is set to launch less than a month from now.

New Cinematic Trailer

This new trailer brings the Age of Reckoning to life in stunning detail and showcases the ongoing conflict between the armies of Order and Destruction, the catalyst for WAR's groundbreaking Realm vs. Realm gameplay.

VIDEO TITLE

Watch the new video here.

Comments

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

Nice video - looks very expensive and this game could really use the additional hype.

Resources well spent I'd say.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469

I saw this last week.  Thats a good reason why I want to play the Dark Elves.  :)

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I must say that seeing such trailer I'd say I could watch a full movie looking like that, funny thing is I am more of a Star Wars fan but that animated new upcomming movie really doesn't appeal to me at all. Perhaps even more funny to some I would even watch a full movie of World of Warcraft if made the same or perhaps even better then their trailers. And aint even a WOW player but do truly enjoy those cinematic trailers.

Also need to say that I felt due to being in beta the trailer feels close to what the game has to offer with it's characters/classes/professions, I can't say anything about the large populated battle's as I have not been in one ....yet, due to limited time I personaly had to play/test.

• zagreoszagreos Member Posts: 53

Amazing! This makes me want to play the game more and more and more and never stop.

These characters are absolutely cool.

Thanks this info. once i get a better computer which should be around this year i hope I'll be able to play to my heart's content.

The elves were very cool

• blackmysticblackmystic Member Posts: 3

It looks cool. Shame the Shadow Warrior career can't realy duel wield, but other than that it is awesome. makes me want to play my shadow warrior thats in beta in the live release even more.

www.toranroc.com if you want to join me in teh uk.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Nice, really nice cinematic. It beats even last WoW cinematic from wrath of the lich king.
    Damn, I've seen it 5 times in a row, and every time saw something new.
    Good job mythic.

Looking forward to see full warhammer movie ;D

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188

C'mon joshe - no one beats Blizzard's cinematics for game trailers. They have an entire multimedia production company as their owner (Vivendi). No one can touch them for production quailty in regard to game movies/trailers. They're spectacular in their direction, content and scoring. They make  the Final Fantasy movie look like a college graduate project.

That fact notwithstanding - this WAR trailer is tasty :) I wasn't originally interested in the game world at all but the more I watch, the more I want to play!

Those of you looking for the HD version - get it from bigdownload. Faster place I found that didnt' force you to register *cough*fileplanetsucks*cough*

• MLecl0001MLecl0001 Member Posts: 153
    Originally posted by SunwolfNC

C'mon joshe - no one beats Blizzard's cinematics for game trailers. They have an entire multimedia production company as their owner (Vivendi). No one can touch them for production quailty in regard to game movies/trailers. They're spectacular in their direction, content and scoring. They make  the Final Fantasy movie look like a college graduate project.
    That fact notwithstanding - this WAR trailer is tasty :) I wasn't originally interested in the game world at all but the more I watch, the more I want to play!
    Those of you looking for the HD version - get it from bigdownload. Faster place I found that didnt' force you to register *cough*fileplanetsucks*cough*

I would say no one used to beat Blizzard, and Blizzard was the best.  After seeing the Lich King cinematic I have to say I never thought a company could drop so far.  I thought that trailer was awful crap, sure looked pretty, but it was a complete waste of my time.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Not to hijack the WAR thread by discussing WoW, but I'll agree it wasn't their best. My point is that for their over all body of work, they're #1. WoTLK trailer was a little disappointing for content for sure, and far, far too short, but for cinematics, was still of elite calibur and visuals.

Just got done re-watching the WAR cinematic trailer (720p) on my system downstairs, and I have to say that it's very, very close to quality of Blizzards :) Wonder if all the jobs Blizzard is trying to fill in their graphics house is due to WAR stealing some people hehe. (Job listings)

Wonder when we'll see a new movie using the Maya engine...

Not to hijack the WAR thread by discussing WoW, but I'll agree it wasn't their best. My point is that for their over all body of work, they're #1. WoTLK trailer was a little disappointing for content for sure, and far, far too short, but for cinematics, was still of elite calibur and visuals.
    Just got done re-watching the WAR cinematic trailer (720p) on my system downstairs, and I have to say that it's very, very close to quality of Blizzards :) Wonder if all the jobs Blizzard is trying to fill in their graphics house is due to WAR stealing some people hehe. (Job listings)

Actually I believe it was Blur Studios that made it.

• QmireQmire Member Posts: 423
    Originally posted by MLecl0001

I would say no one used to beat Blizzard, and Blizzard was the best.  After seeing the Lich King cinematic I have to say I never thought a company could drop so far.  I thought that trailer was awful crap, sure looked pretty, but it was a complete waste of my time.

Blizzard newest Cinematic is awful?  What a nice joke, WAR fan bois really would pick a turd over quality any day, if they just got lured with the right candy. Cover a turd with candy, it will still be a turd!

Blizzard's newest Cinematic might be short but the quality is there, so really, it's a master piece. And this WAR cinematic here might be nice but it's overflowing with cliché garbage. But obviously you are the customer segment they are aiming fore so, meh.

I'm glad the zombie squads are moving away from WoW, rather childish, playful, and social crowd.

{ Mod Edit }

You're not ragging on me are you?

Blizard's stuff is amazing. I hope to be able to render something half as sexy as they produce. I'd pay big money to watch a feature length film from their animators.

Was WoTLK too short in my opinion? Yep. Was it any less ass-kickingly beautfiul to watch? Nope.

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

The WotLK is an expansion trailer which is heavily based on WoW lore.  It actually has story content in the form of a storyline as an expansion trailer should.  Remember, an expansion is for people already playing the game.

There is no story at all to the WAR trailer - it just shows a bunch of fighting which is there to hype the game up.  WoW doesn't really need to hype the game to people who are already playing the game do they?  Look at the original wow trailer and you'll see how similiar it is to the new WAR trailer - there's a reason, it was made to hype the game up not expand the story.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

My point is that the animation and production quality of the trailers are amazing. I'm not debating the quality of the message delivered in the trailers. Besides, I think we're all spoiled if we expect to have little movies that progress the story with narration each time they're made. You can tell a story without saying a word.

Like the WAR video - that Necro-Chaos chick held off killing the High Elf when the horn sounded. That told me a lot. No one had to say anything :)

• DraxonflyDraxonfly Member UncommonPosts: 126

the new trailer looks good.. but I do like the older one better, it felt more.. warhammery..

• arkanevarkanev Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by Draxonfly

the new trailer looks good.. but I do like the older one better, it felt more.. warhammery..

Yeah sunny day doesnt fit WH  :)

Originally posted by Qmire

Originally posted by MLecl0001

Blizzard newest Cinematic is awful?  What a nice joke, WAR fan bois really would pick a turd over quality any day, if they just got lured with the right candy. Cover a turd with candy, it will still be a turd!

Blizzard's newest Cinematic might be short but the quality is there, so really, it's a master piece. And this WAR cinematic here might be nice but it's overflowing with cliché garbage. But obviously you are the customer segment they are aiming fore so, meh.

I'm glad the zombie squads are moving away from WoW, rather childish, playful, and social crowd.

{ Mod Edit }

Where did I say that the WAR cinematic is better than the Blizzard one?  No where thats right.  I am not a WAR fanboi and I am not a WoW hater.  I have always enjoyed Blizzards cinematics in all of their games, however I thought the Witch King cinematic was crap.  And like I said in my previous post it was pretty.  Sure on a technical standpoint they did a wonderful job, but it didnt give me the same feeling that their previous cinematics did.

I stopped playing WoW before TBC, yet watching the cinematic for TBC it made me almost want to jump in and play again.

• RaztorRaztor Member Posts: 670

The only bad point about LK trailer is that it's a bit too short, everything else is amazing. The continuation of the Arthas storyline from the end of WC3 FT is great and can't wait for the conclusing in LK :)

• lortegedlorteged Member Posts: 143

just a tiny combat scene and i would have been happy :)

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

I really enjoy watching this trailer. While the first one was a bit more intense (and darker), I think the battles and the bit of humor in this one was very fitting.

• Nova62Nova62 Member Posts: 8

Just Awesome!!! very impressed, cant wait till the game goes live.

• BumLifeBumLife Member Posts: 65

lol SunwolfNC you apparently know nothing about digital art and 3d animation. Final Fantasy CG looks like a college graduate project? you are  please review the detail and the process. What's wrong with you?  Plus Blurr, the ones that made the Warhammer Online cinematics is by far better than Blizzard's CG. SunwolfNC do us a favor and never say anything without careful observation.