Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not a bad game!

ShammarisShammaris Member Posts: 20

People who say this is a somewhat terrible game.

It's not as bad, PLAY it properly before you judge it.

It is actually pretty good, I played it for a while, I stopped because I got LOTRO.

Some pro's.

Not as grindy as most oriental based games.

I think it was 12 classes.

The moves are really kick ass *You know the flashy lights & the whole Final Fantsy flashing)

You get temporary mounts to use, since travelling takes a while (I enjoy it, more realistic)

Each class is stable against each other, unlike some games.. like WoW,  How Shamans are overpowered (AND YES! They are, I used to play one) I could own almost every caster.

Unlike some other F2P games, this game has different choices of future weapons, like in other games, when you reach the max level, you all basiclly have the same item.

Cons:

Bit of lag when you exit the portals, and it's not to bad.

The music quality is a bit topsy-turvy. I can't explain, but once again, it is not to terrible.

Hope this helped you out.

Comments

• zoecaizoecai Member Posts: 4

Ye, each class is stable against each other. I think it's a one of the highlights in this game.

• GalgamemnonGalgamemnon Member Posts: 115

Waiting for WAR open beta to kick in so i can play but this sounds like a good game to occupy my time with

Ill give it a try and give you a real mmo experts review later this week.

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699

There is a good amount of quests so it is less grindy than others.  The quests are actually pretty fun and funny, storywise.  Graphics are nice when you ramp them all the way up.  I like having 12 classes but that also means there isn't a great diversity between the class playstyles so you kinda take the pro's with the con's there.  I like the genre, ancient China, it's about time.  This is the best free to play game I've played, meant more for the casual gamer who doesn't take themselves too seriously and needs a change of pace.  For me the greatest con is the community.  I try to turn off all channels whenever possible, again a con that comes with free to play games and lack of roleplay enforcement.  I'm sure I'll be playing this one for a while and am grateful it's being served up to the gaming community.

• StagnantStagnant Member Posts: 16

What i liked most about this game is the fact that i had, and i noticed a lot of other clases have a AOE attack as kind of their bread and butter skill.

Nothing i like more than being able to aoe alone, or aoe'ing in general, nothing sucks more than having aoe's that you cant spam, with long cooldowns (cast it, tank the mobs and wait for cooldown types)

It was really fun being able to round up lots of mobs then aoe them all a few times.

The biggest problem came around 40ish, when the typical asian grinder came out.  Yeah i know the OP said there isnt grind like typical asian games, but there is, lots of it. There are a decent amount of quests, but only seem to guide you on to where to grind at. Sure you can do some repeat quests, however with super long travel times and sub par rewards, it soon came to my attention that standing in a dungeon, rounding up the same 15 mobs and killing them was the fastest way to progress and get loot.  Also i should add that the crafting system blows.  Very grindy craft system for items that seem to have a very limited use. 

So decent graphics, good music, fun gameplay, huge grind...oh and a community that seems to be at war with eachother and the GM's.  Its a fun game to play while waiting for other games to come out, just dont expect this to be your home for too long, once that grind wall sets in you really will be lamenting playing, unless grinder games are your type.

• madlukemadluke Member UncommonPosts: 108

TBH i think from reading his i've been a fool, cos i've been going through, what i guess lots do, where they get tired of the MMORPG market, and go through reems of games being unfulfilled.

Yet i didn't try this one out, due to so many complaints on community and customer service.

Yet you say the classes are varied, variation in end weopons, and less grind, which is something i hate.

So i'm downloading it right now.

Only question i have is what group play is like, cos i like to group up.