Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions on Order

Does anyone have any thoughts on how big of an underdog us Order folks are going to be? I am still deciding on a class but I have it narrowed down to Warrior Priest, Shadow Warrior and White Lion. Anyone have any thoughts on those?

Comments

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

I think it's going to equal out. Since the realm caps do seem like they WILL work.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• MettMett Member Posts: 75

I have never played an all pvp focused game. I am hoping that I will really enjoy this. The class is the toughest part for me.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891
    Originally posted by Mett

I have never played an all pvp focused game. I am hoping that I will really enjoy this. The class is the toughest part for me.

This is not an all PvP focused game.  This is an RvR game...RvR a group based game mechanic that at its core is Based & Balanced aroudn PvP with the PvE then balanced around the PvP making both options viable paths of progression & entertainment.

All Focused PvP games are gamse like Shadowbane.

Originally posted by banthis

Originally posted by Mett

This is not an all PvP focused game.  This is an RvR game...RvR a group based game mechanic that at its core is Based & Balanced aroudn PvP with the PvE then balanced around the PvP making both options viable paths of progression & entertainment.

All Focused PvP games are gamse like Shadowbane.

Aye, they want to group up, or pvp in groups. Not go out and be a solo hunter. It's all for one, one for all kind of stuff. They want you to have Realm pride, and be happy to help and play with your Realm mates :)

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

It doesn't matter who has more people. It will even out based on skill like it did in WoW.

Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

I am quite confident that Order will be outnumbered by Destruction. Most pre-release polls show about 40% Order and 60% Destruction, and even though I think at release it will not be that grim, I doubt it will be be better than 45% vs. 55%.

But, the previous poster is right to a degree. The overpowering side can get decadent and lazy, and ultimately be worse player for player. This is what I found was true in DAoC, with the underdogs having to learn to win by skill and tactics rather than numbers.

I am personally going Order.

• alien1984alien1984 Member Posts: 119

I think the actual design of the races will be the determining factor. I personally love being the bigger, stronger and superior looking classes. So my point of view is this...

Chaos, orcs, goblins, dark elves. These all look and sound very awesome, most will probably prefer this.

Then you have your humans, dwarfs and high elves... To me it seems more designed for the girlies or emos.

I mean just look at the title, age of reckoning! Do you want to fight as some half sized dwarf or a over sized chosen that people probably see in their nightmares :P? My opinion is that destruction will probably greatly outnumber the order, sorry if you are into the whole order emo thing.

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

*Points down to sig* You've got me and about 50 others from our guild heading over as well. Don't worry, we'll crush those big headed brutes

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980
    Originally posted by alien1984

I think the actual design of the races will be the determining factor. I personally love being the bigger, stronger and superior looking classes. So my point of view is this...
    Chaos, orcs, goblins, dark elves. These all look and sound very awesome, most will probably prefer this.
    Then you have your humans, dwarfs and high elves... To me it seems more designed for the girlies or emos.
    I mean just look at the title, age of reckoning! Do you want to fight as some half sized dwarf or a over sized chosen that people probably see in their nightmares :P? My opinion is that destruction will probably greatly outnumber the order, sorry if you are into the whole order emo thing.

Chaos: http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/wallpaper/WAR_Tchar02.jpg

Empire: http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/wallpaper/WAR_KarlFranz.jpg

Please tell me how Empire looks girly or emo. Thank you. Empire isn't all of Order, but it's part of it, both sides look gritty and kickass.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

Oi dem high elves be da girly  uns!

Originally posted by sanders01

Oi dem high elves be da girly  uns!

Yes I will concede to High Elves being slightly girly. But what "good" elves aren't? Well, except WoW, the "bad" elves are the girly ones.

A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

The White Lion and Shadow Warrior look pretty badass...If you get Archmages and Swordmaster in the right armor they could look mean too.

Originally posted by Capn23

The White Lion and Shadow Warrior look pretty badass...If you get Archmages and Swordmaster in the right armor they could look mean too.

I believe that the Shadow Warrior, is going to be full of people named "Legolass" and such. Please make one and prove me wrong D:

Originally posted by sanders01

I believe that the Shadow Warrior, is going to be full of people named "Legolass" and such. Please make one and prove me wrong D:

I think one of the Gamespy people wrote about that in one of the entries. It was quite accurate, though he described it as "WAR's High Elves won't look like they're wasting their lives pondering their eternities." Or something like that. Which means they're more war-oriented, which should be pretty obvious .

I don't remember where I saw it, but someone from Mythic definitely said that there would be a ban on all forms of the name legolas.

I don't remember where I saw it, but someone from Mythic definitely said that there would be a ban on all forms of the name legolas.

Woooo!

• tr289tr289 Member Posts: 236

they might look mean but that's about it . Order is totally out classed in this game and Mythic keeps making things worse with their giant hard on for Destruction .

if NDA wasn't going to be lifted in a week i would be breaking it right now . Mythic is trying very very hard to destroy this game as of late .

• MettMett Member Posts: 75

Im hoping the game works out, I am looking for a change. I still havent fully decided on a class. The RvR seems pretty fun as well. I hope Mythic isnt ruining it. I was stoked for AOC and I cant even tell you how disappointing that game was.

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

Even with their androgenous look,the elves of Warhammer are no emo tree huggers.The classes will be kick ass once players stop thinking playing the game like their previous mmo

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Chosen Midgard in DAoC, Omni in AO, Freeport in EQ2, Horde in WoW etc...I have no idea, why this time I want to play a dwarf/Order. (I am not in beta)

• zippy123zippy123 Member Posts: 172
    Originally posted by tr289

Order is totally out classed in this game and Mythic keeps making things worse with their giant hard on for Destruction .

if NDA wasn't going to be lifted in a week i would be breaking it right now . Mythic is trying very very hard to destroy this game as of late .

The guys at Gamespy sure favor Destruction in their blogs.  Josh from Mythic seems to like Dwarves, and is the only guy from them that seems to show some enthusiasm for Order.

As long as they have things in place to balance servers it should help, but who knows. 

I know I am playing Order at first because they are the good guys and I like to go against what is popular.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I was going to role a DE Sorcerer but I it'll have to be a nancy boy high elf Shadow Warrior instead.

• AcesplayedAcesplayed Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by alien1984

You mean the immature side going to the "cooler" side while the more mature want to be the underdogs with skill. I dont like how you say girls and Emos will go to order more like Emos rolling some D elves  immature brats rolling female D elves because they got skin showing and all the rest rolling Black Orcs and Chosen because they LOOK superior or again COOL. I can say Destruction willl have more immature ,people didnt pick the pretty classes in WoW they picked the cooler looking characters or ones that show skin and how they would look in some season 1. Most of the mature people will not be jumping on the bandwagon.

No such thing as luck, just believing in it is what makes it real to you and really...thats all you need.

Im on nobodies' side but my own.

• PhusPhus Member UncommonPosts: 40

Ya know,  people are always convinced that Order in WAR are some goodie goodie re-res in shining armor. If you've read anything about the Empire, you'd know that occasionally during inquisitions they massacre entire villages and towns just to get a single "heretic". Order will be just as gritty as Destruction, but just like the table top game you have tons of people wanting  mutated monsters who worship demons rather than equally mental fragile humans torturing and burning others at the stake for answers.

In short, I'll be playing one of each because they both have their appeal.

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

i don't think either realm will be real underdog.

i been looking for a good guild, it seems like 75% of the ones advertising are order though.