Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

How instanced the Warhammer game is determines if I buy or not.

qombiqombi Unknown, LAPosts: 1,180Member

I can handle some instancing. I understand it is the future I can deal with that. I just can not deal with instancing to the level Age of Conan was. I tried that game and when I seen that EVERY ZONE was instanced, I was finished. This was not a massive world, this was was just instances on top of instances. Killed the game for me.

«13

Comments

  • AxumAxum San Antonio, TXPosts: 891Member

    only instancing that i have heard is Dungeons, scenarios, and the capital after gate has been breached

    image

  • qombiqombi Unknown, LAPosts: 1,180Member
    Originally posted by BRYANBARTLEY


    only instancing that i have heard is Dungeons, scenarios, and the capital after gate has been breached

     

    What are these scenarios you speak of?

  • FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose LosAngeles, CAPosts: 1,558Member
    Originally posted by qombi

    Originally posted by BRYANBARTLEY


    only instancing that i have heard is Dungeons, scenarios, and the capital after gate has been breached

     

    What are these scenarios you speak of?



     

    Seriously? lol.

  • Ed2099Ed2099 alexandria, KYPosts: 195Member

    If Warhammer has small instanced zones like AoC theres no way I will play it. The little zones in AoC mad the game unbearable.

  • AxumAxum San Antonio, TXPosts: 891Member

    hmm easiest way to explain them is like a BG in WoW

    image

  • sanders01sanders01 Lolwut?, ALPosts: 1,357Member

    scenarios seem like the BGs in WoW. But we really have no idea/cant tell you because of NDA :(

    Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

  • Ender4Ender4 milwaukee, WIPosts: 2,253Member

    Scenarios which are like battlegrounds in WoW are instanced.  Most of the dungeons are.  Some of the capital raid system is.

    You 'zone' when travelling from one tier to another or when entering an instance but not between different 'zones' within in the same tier.

    The world PvP areas, world questing areas, fortress raids etc are not instanced.

  • qombiqombi Unknown, LAPosts: 1,180Member

    It doesn't sound terribly instanced. I hope the areas that are not instance are massive and feel like a world. I also hope that instant travel is not in at all or at least implemented tactfully like was done originally in WoW with boats and zepplins.  I think SOE is bad about doing things for the sake of convenience without thought about how it feels in the world.

  • GazenthiaGazenthia -, VAPosts: 1,186Member

    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/187655/page/2

    I was talking about this before, and as no one had anything else to say I guess I was either right or very close to it.

    "... My understanding is that the City tiers are something like this:


    King------------A-------------B------------C--------------D-------------E----------King
    K (1) City Field Middle Field City K

    That is a whole lot of instances (7). It is also ignoring the fact that the Kings, Cities, and Middle points will contain multiple instances and loading screens in and of themselves. So the reality of it seems to be that you will encounter dozens of loadings screens per tier.

    All of the other tiers will be nearly as bad, subtracting only the king and city wall encounters.

    Bottom line:

    5-7 loading screens, or seams, minimum per tier.
    ..."

    ___________________
    Sadly, I see storm clouds on the horizon. A faint stench of Vanguard is in the air.-Kien

    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

  • VortigonVortigon PerthPosts: 723Member
    Originally posted by Gazenthia


    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/187655/page/2
    I was talking about this before, and as no one had anything else to say I guess I was either right or very close to it.
    "... My understanding is that the City tiers are something like this:


    King------------A-------------B------------C--------------D-------------E----------King

    K (1) City Field Middle Field City K
    That is a whole lot of instances (7). It is also ignoring the fact that the Kings, Cities, and Middle points will contain multiple instances and loading screens in and of themselves. So the reality of it seems to be that you will encounter dozens of loadings screens per tier.
     
    All of the other tiers will be nearly as bad, subtracting only the king and city wall encounters.
    Bottom line:
    5-7 loading screens, or seams, minimum per tier.

    ..."

     

    WRONG.

  • AxumAxum San Antonio, TXPosts: 891Member

    I dont think there are THAT many instances per tier

     

    you got the scenarios and getting in and out of the tier

    3

    and then there are dungeons

    so thats like 4-5

    image

  • sanders01sanders01 Lolwut?, ALPosts: 1,357Member

    Best way to describe the instanceing imo is like WoW. Instanced dungeons, some non-instanced. Instanced zones, instanced PvP area/battlegrounds. All in all, not bad.

    Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

  • AxumAxum San Antonio, TXPosts: 891Member
    Originally posted by sanders01


    Best way to describe the instanceing imo is like WoW. Instanced dungeons, some non-instanced. Instanced zones, instanced PvP area/battlegrounds. All in all, not bad.



     

    qft.

     

    atleast we wont have to worry about being in the same instance of a zone with our friends

    image

  • GazenthiaGazenthia -, VAPosts: 1,186Member


    Originally posted by Vortigon

     WRONG


    What is?

    The King encounter is an instance (48 wasn't it?).

    The City Wall sieges are instances

    The Center is a group of instances, full of BG-type maps.


    So going from one end of the Tier to another that is a minimum of 1,2,3,4,5 loading screens.

    And yeah, I'm pretty sure that the City itself beyond the wall and the area in front, village/courtyard, are their own places too.

    ___________________
    Sadly, I see storm clouds on the horizon. A faint stench of Vanguard is in the air.-Kien

    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

  • sanders01sanders01 Lolwut?, ALPosts: 1,357Member
    Originally posted by BRYANBARTLEY

    Originally posted by sanders01


    Best way to describe the instanceing imo is like WoW. Instanced dungeons, some non-instanced. Instanced zones, instanced PvP area/battlegrounds. All in all, not bad.



     

    qft.

     

    atleast we wont have to worry about being in the same instance of a zone with our friends

     

    ...? Im not saying its a WoW clone, im just saying it looks as if it's instanced like WoW.

    Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

  • Capn23Capn23 Da Port, PAPosts: 1,529Member

    Each of the tiers are instanced, but some what I heard...they are like 2-3x bigger than The Barrens in WoW. The only part of the dungeons that are instanced are the boss battles.

     

    Senarios you have to queue up for and are a lot like WoW's BGs, only many many different types and they have a point to them. City sieges will have certain instanced parts, but that's because if they didn't the server would most likely crash from the massive amount of people in one place.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

  • AxumAxum San Antonio, TXPosts: 891Member

    bleh you misunderstood me,

    in AoC you and your friend can go to a zone,

    but be in different "Instances" of it.

     

    it was really a pain

    image

  • GazenthiaGazenthia -, VAPosts: 1,186Member

    [quote]Originally posted by BRYANBARTLEY
     
    you got the scenarios and getting in and out of the tier
    3
    and then there are dungeons
    so thats like 4-5[/b][/quote]
    Oh LOL I forgot about the dungeons and stuff, but I am talking about minimum, you-have-to-go-through-them loading screens.

    ___________________
    Sadly, I see storm clouds on the horizon. A faint stench of Vanguard is in the air.-Kien

    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

  • Capn23Capn23 Da Port, PAPosts: 1,529Member
    Originally posted by Gazenthia


     

    Originally posted by Vortigon
     
     WRONG

     

    What is?

    The King encounter is an instance (48 wasn't it?).

    The City Wall sieges are instances

    The Center is a group of instances, full of BG-type maps.



    So going from one end of the Tier to another that is a minimum of 1,2,3,4,5 loading screens.

    And yeah, I'm pretty sure that the City itself beyond the wall and the area in front, village/courtyard, are their own places too.

     



     

    The only time the city will be instanced is during the city siege to save the server from crashing.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

  • PROdotesPROdotes RabPosts: 197Member

    Well if you count it like THAT...

    then it's a zone from t1-t2, zone from t2-t3 and zone from t3-t4... dont think you zone when you enter a city... except if there's a raid going on... then add 1 more zone for a city and 1 for the king... if i'm not mistaken...

  • sanders01sanders01 Lolwut?, ALPosts: 1,357Member
    Originally posted by BRYANBARTLEY


    bleh you misunderstood me,
    in AoC you and your friend can go to a zone,
    but be in different "Instances" of it.
     
    it was really a pain

     

    We'll generaly "QFT" stand for quit fucking talking >_< Is that what you ment?

    Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

  • GuardiousGuardious Out there, ILPosts: 81Member

    *Watch that NDA :) We know it is hard, but just wait a bit longer, we still have to enforce it till NDA is dropped.*

    Thank You

  • GazenthiaGazenthia -, VAPosts: 1,186Member

    [quote]Originally posted by Capn23
    [b]Each of the tiers are instanced, but some what I heard...they are like 2-3x bigger than The Barrens in WoW. The only part of the dungeons that are instanced are the boss battles.[/quote]

    Alright, well that is what I figured. Each single tier is its own lego-block if you will.



    Senarios you have to queue up for and are a lot like WoW's BGs, only many many different types and they have a point to them.

    But can you run THROUGH the middle point/center of the tier where the Scenarios are without having to go through a loading screen?



    City sieges will have certain instanced parts
    But in order to go from one end to the other, you will have to do the City Wall Siege which is an instanced zone, and why wouldn't you? Isn't that one of the staples of the game?

    The only way to get around that is to log out and wait for other people to do the City Wall.

    ___________________
    Sadly, I see storm clouds on the horizon. A faint stench of Vanguard is in the air.-Kien

    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

  • Capn23Capn23 Da Port, PAPosts: 1,529Member
    Originally posted by Gazenthia


    [quote]Originally posted by BRYANBARTLEY

     

    you got the scenarios and getting in and out of the tier

    3

    and then there are dungeons

    so thats like 4-5[/b][/quote]

    Oh LOL I forgot about the dungeons and stuff, but I am talking about minimum, you-have-to-go-through-them loading screens.

     



     

    I'm not understanding what you are trying to say...

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

  • AxumAxum San Antonio, TXPosts: 891Member

    lol what we have here is a failure to communicate

    in most cases

    it means

    Quoted for truth.

    image

«13
Sign In or Register to comment.