Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How instanced the Warhammer game is determines if I buy or not.

Comments

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Well if it is anything like AOC then people will complain. I don't see how people would make any exceptions for WAR.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by BRYANBARTLEY

lol what we have here is a failure to communicate
    in most cases
    it means
    Quoted for truth.

Aye yes hehe. My bad bro.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• AxumAxum Member Posts: 891
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

Well if it is anything like AOC then people will complain. I don't see how people would make any exceptions for WAR.

we established that it is not :)

each zone is instanced but a zone is probably like walking from ratchet to shadowprey villiage in WoW

(One side of the continent to the other)

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839

yeah im lost in this, i dont know how you count your instances, but a zone doesnt qualifie as a instance because there isnt multiple versions of them and arnt limited to the amount.

While a tier will have a loading screen there wont be tier 2.1 and tier 2.2 all diff instances.

1 PART of the city seige is instances, thats the street fight, so everyone can enjoy.

2- YES dungeons are instances but keep in mind they are OPEN DUNGEONS aka you interact with other players in them not in your group, the only realy instance in them is the boss fights.

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529
    Originally posted by Gazenthia

[quote]Originally posted by Capn23

[b]Each of the tiers are instanced, but some what I heard...they are like 2-3x bigger than The Barrens in WoW. The only part of the dungeons that are instanced are the boss battles.[/quote]
    Alright, well that is what I figured. Each single tier is its own lego-block if you will.

Senarios you have to queue up for and are a lot like WoW's BGs, only many many different types and they have a point to them.

But can you run THROUGH the middle point/center of the tier where the Scenarios are without having to go through a loading screen?

City sieges will have certain instanced parts

But in order to go from one end to the other, you will have to do the City Wall Siege which is an instanced zone, and why wouldn't you? Isn't that one of the staples of the game?

The only way to get around that is to log out and wait for other people to do the City Wall.

The senarios aren't part of the zone.

they are sort of like their own separate 'lego piece'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

Originally posted by Capn23
    I'm not understanding what you are trying to say...
    I am only counting the bare minimum instances (or loading screens), per tier, that every player would have to go through unless they decided to log out.

That is to say that I am not counting ALL of the instanced content a player would want to experience from one end to the other, such as skirmishes and dungeons.

Right now that bare minimum number appears to be 5, where the center line has been contested as a loading screen. Although I am pretty sure it is, for several reasons.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

I'm not understanding what you are trying to say...
    I am only counting the bare minimum instances (or loading screens), per tier, that every player would have to go through unless they decided to log out.

That is to say that I am not counting ALL of the instanced content a player would want to experience from one end to the other, such as skirmishes and dungeons.

Right now that bare minimum number appears to be 5, where the center line has been contested as a loading screen. Although I am pretty sure it is, for several reasons.

There are no instances within each lego piece (I'm going to keep using that because it makes sense =P). Only between each lego piece. The only instances you will find are in the dungeons. Senarios are completely separate lego pieces that you have to queue up for to get to.

• PROdotesPROdotes Member Posts: 197

No you don't realy run through scenarios from what i heard...

You have a button or something (don't know realy) and then you can pick if you want to join a scenario... and when there's enough ppl then you get teleported into the scenario and when the scenario is over you get teleported back to the same place where you got teleported from... so if you were in a PQ at the moment you get teleported back to it...

Not breaking any NDAs here... i'm not in beta, dont have friends in beta... but i remember reading about it in a review last month and thinking "here's a fun idea" :o)

Ok,

The world is not instanced,

but there are a few loading screens.

Dungeons,

scenarios,

and the city after Wall's have been breached are.

Originally posted by PROdotes

No you don't realy run through scenarios from what i heard...
    You have a button or something (don't know realy) and then you can pick if you want to join a scenario... and when there's enough ppl then you get teleported into the scenario and when the scenario is over you get teleported back to the same place where you got teleported from... so if you were in a PQ at the moment you get teleported back to it...
    Not breaking any NDAs here... i'm not in beta, dont have friends in beta... but i remember reading about it in a review last month and thinking "here's a fun idea" :o)

Yes. That is what it is.

Ok,
    The world is not instanced,
    but there are a few loading screens.

Dungeons,
    scenarios,
    and the city after Wall's have been breached are.

May I correct you on one thing? Some dungeons ARE NOT instanced, and are persistant.

O.O dungeons aren't instanced?

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

Originally posted by Capn23   There are no instances within each lego piece (I'm going to keep using that because it makes sense =P). Only between each lego piece. The only instances you will find are in the dungeons. Senarios are completely separate lego pieces that you have to queue up for to get to.
    Mmmm I don't know about that. What about those City Wall Sieges? I see what you are saying- you are not forced into the pvp-mini games. So there is no loading screen in the center that you encounter for whatever reason?

edit: Alright, I'll take your word on this guys. But I'll remember who told me otherwise if I get in there and find out you were playing with me image

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

Some aren't like one they showed on some site I cant remember, will post link later :)

• PROdotesPROdotes Member Posts: 197

[quote][i]Originally posted by Capn23[/i]   There are no instances within each lego piece (I'm going to keep using that because it makes sense =P). Only between each lego piece. The only instances you will find are in the dungeons. Senarios are completely separate lego pieces that you have to queue up for to get to.[/quote] Mmmm I don't know about that. What about those City Wall Sieges? I see what you are saying- you are not forced into the pvp-mini games. So there is no loading screen in the center that you encounter for whatever reason?

edit: Alright, I'll take your word on this guys. But I'll remember who told me otherwise if I get in there and find out you were playing with me

AFAIK... no... just if you choose to go into a dungeon maybe... but that data is still under the NDA i think? Maybe dungeons are part of the zone tho and only boss fights are "zone screen separated"

Originally posted by Capn23   There are no instances within each lego piece (I'm going to keep using that because it makes sense =P). Only between each lego piece. The only instances you will find are in the dungeons. Senarios are completely separate lego pieces that you have to queue up for to get to.
    Mmmm I don't know about that. What about those City Wall Sieges? I see what you are saying- you are not forced into the pvp-mini games. So there is no loading screen in the center that you encounter for whatever reason?

edit: Alright, I'll take your word on this guys. But I'll remember who told me otherwise if I get in there and find out you were playing with me

Only dungeons. There are no 'mini games' in the middle. they are in their own zone that you are teleported to via queueing up to join.

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

The game will be heavily instanced.

Dungeons will be instanced, parts of city PvP will be instanced, Mini encounters in the zones will be instanced.

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839

Partly true

There is a thing to walk through that puts you in the dungeon, its not so much a instance but a new zone, yes consider it a zone, because they are open dungeons, people can work together that arnt in your group and you will run across other people

ONLY the boss fight is instanced. so everyone can have a fair shot at it.

Originally posted by RedwoodSap

Dungeons will be instanced, parts of city PvP will be instanced, Mini encounters in the zones will be instanced.

By mini encounters you mean PQs? And if so, you wouldnt know unless your in CB, which would mean your breaking NDA, so please, explain.

the only 'mini encounter' within a zone that is instanced is the bosses of dungeons...the rest of the dungeons are open.

The Cities are only instanced during the city sieges and even then it's kept to only a few.

the only 'mini encounter' within a zone that is instanced is the bosses of dungeons...the rest of the dungeons are open.

The Cities are only instanced during the city sieges and even then it's kept to only a few.

48v48 in an instanced zone in a city is still a big battle imo.

by instanced I mean there is a loading screen.

Originally posted by sanders01

48v48 in an instanced zone in a city is still a big battle imo.

i meant that the loading screens are kept to a minimal

Bah! Too many thoughts at once. I'll just stop talking now