Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta Announced

ChelvieChelvie Member UncommonPosts: 29

RoM has announced Closed Beta to start August 28, 2008.

Also, they have posted a trailer on their site now with the same news.  Good watch, go download.

Comments

• revolution73revolution73 Member Posts: 62

Could you please post a link of proof?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by revolution73

Could you please post a link of proof?

Are you unable to go to their site where it's listed right on the front page just as the OP said?

http://www.runesofmagic.com/en/index.html

• xxHOMiExxxxHOMiExx Member Posts: 3

• ChochoDChochoD Member Posts: 12

Let's hope the open beta's on it's way soon...

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Originally posted by ChochoD

Let's hope the open beta's on it's way soon...

Closed beta starts on the 28th of August.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• DasadorahDasadorah Member Posts: 38

CB is the 28th

Then Open beta is in September

Full release will be sometimes in December.

Its a really good game and community.

-GUILDMASTER OF WICKED RED-

• ChelvieChelvie Member UncommonPosts: 29

Just curious but did my post get ignored where it said Closed Beta Starts on the 28th?  *points at the original post*  How hard is it to read?

• DasadorahDasadorah Member Posts: 38

I think some ppl did miss your post :(. I was just posting saying more details on the release again.

-GUILDMASTER OF WICKED RED-

• allanoreallanore Member Posts: 20

Well there's no client available to download as of yet but the preview videos on the RoM site look pretty cool.

I signed up for the closed beta while visiting the site also.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* HP m9250f (Intel Quad Core 6700 / 4 Gig RAM / Nvidia 8600GT / Vista 64 Bit)

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

From the forums on their own website ive gatherd that the client will be made avaliable for download the day of CB going live, or at least the day before.  They really should open up the client for download a week before CB to avoid a internet traffic jam on downloading the client.  I think that the english version isnt yet translated from german, which was translated from korean...

• MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by crunchyblack

From the forums on their own website ive gatherd that the client will be made avaliable for download the day of CB going live, or at least the day before.  They really should open up the client for download a week before CB to avoid a internet traffic jam on downloading the client.  I think that the english version isnt yet translated from german, which was translated from korean...

It is or the beta would be delayed. The majority of the testers are English. The beta upon launch will have both versions. The reason the beta has sucha  date set is so they can get the clients ready.

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

well in the beginning they planed to release first the german version because the company is german and its quicker for them in their language but i dont know if they changed their plan since the game is becomin more and more hyped in other countries.

I got the play to triple translate the game off a post by the developer on their forums, id post a link if i was there now, you should be able to find it easily...i think it was the FAQ.

Anyway all i was getting at was that the game should have a fair amount of text errors in it, noting that shouldnt be expected for a game that was triple translated.  Also i would expect a possibility for some delays due to this, although im not sure fo this anymore as cb opens tomorrow.

Hey, did they already mail ou the cb invites? if so looks like ill be mising out on it.

• XTinTioNXTinTioN Member Posts: 205
    Originally posted by crunchyblack

I got the play to triple translate the game off a post by the developer on their forums, id post a link if i was there now, you should be able to find it easily...i think it was the FAQ.
    Anyway all i was getting at was that the game should have a fair amount of text errors in it, noting that shouldnt be expected for a game that was triple translated.  Also i would expect a possibility for some delays due to this, although im not sure fo this anymore as cb opens tomorrow.
    Hey, did they already mail ou the cb invites? if so looks like ill be mising out on it.

I don't think they'll be sending mails with the CB Invitations, because if you notice, when you login at the website it says: Registered for the Beta. V

So i assume that everyone that registered before 28 August is able to play on the CB..

At least i didn't get any mail, and neither any of my friends...

Its 27 august almost 28 .. and the Game Client isn't released !

I'm looking forward to this game.. It will probably be one of the best (if not the best) f2p game

Cheers

Currently Playing: GTA4, Urban Terror, Aion,Dreamfall:TLJ,Fahrenheit

Well after reading a bunch of worthless forum posts on their site i came across a general assumption that the 28th is going to be a rather big day for people.

They play to enable the download of the game, and dish out beta keys, and allow acces to the game, all at once.

Its kind of puzzling why they would do all three of these things on the same day.

So it looks like there a a bunch of people pumped up for tomorrow who may not even be able to play. Those who do get the keys will most likely have a terribly lagged download, unless they have some plan to deal with something like 5000 downloads at around the same time.

Im pretty sure i signed up late for the beta so im banking on missing out on this...

Crunchy,

You hit the nail on the head. They were  apparently unprepared for the masses waiting for its release.

Also a side note to others:

I was able to get the client installed and also noticed that there is a NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT included in it as well.

So there probably won't be, or shouldn't be, any reviews of it either until the game goes public (or the agreement gets removed).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• XTinTioNXTinTioN Member Posts: 205

Yeah..

Each day, they send a wave of beta-keys

But almost no one gets them because there are a lot of people that created like 30 accounts to get beta keys... so.. on 28 august there were 17 000 accounts created  Lol !

Oh well.. now we can just wait for the OB..

Anyone got a clue when will be the OB?? Because they say that theres lot of work on the translation, and that should take a while  :

EDIT: Ok i checked the Forums and the FAQ says: There will be an open beta yes, that is supposed to be launched in November.

Damn! November?

Currently Playing: GTA4, Urban Terror, Aion,Dreamfall:TLJ,Fahrenheit

I too will have to wait untill the open beta it seems or until my name gets called to participate in closed beta.

I might as well uninstall the client. There's plenty of other MMORPGs to play while the beta of this game is in effect.

They're planning on the public release, or non beta edition, of this game around/before Christmas so yep there will be a long wait.

• ChelvieChelvie Member UncommonPosts: 29

never hurts to keep the client installed and patched up.  If you do get tapped to come test, you are already installed and patched up, and no waiting required :)

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

[quote]Originally posted by XTinTioN
    [b]no one gets them because there are a lot of people that created like 30 accounts to get beta keys[/quote]

Ppl that did that got permanently banned and the same treatment will be applied by Frogster to every single player that's caught doing it. Don't worry, they didn't benefit from their "30 ghost accounts advantage" too long :)

• Alucard-VzlaAlucard-Vzla Member Posts: 2

I just cant wait any longer