Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A GM cybers with a player.

Comments

• Zenith55Zenith55 Member Posts: 1

[|GM|]: Want to feel you get really we so I can put just the head of my **ck inside you and use my hand to slowly move it around before plunging it fully into you and making you take it all.

[|GM|]: then when you are really hot and needing more I can reposition and slide my wet tongue up your legs and do small circles again around your belly button and then let my tongue trail down your **nt.

Do people really believe the GM was "joking" or are they just blind fanboys?

• coztcozt Member Posts: 7

I just read the news on the swedish gaming site www.fz.se. And I must say... at first I was like "what the hell is wrong with that GM". But after reading this I feel sorry for the GM.. seriously. Sure, I guess that kind of behaviour is unacceptable.. But I still feel sorry for him.

And about the guy that fooled the GM.. He must be very immature.

• UncertaintyPUncertaintyP Member UncommonPosts: 69

Wow, it was even a fucking male character. It's stupid enough when a guy assumes that girl character in the game is both a girl and somehow attractive like her character. What the fuck was this guy thinking though?

• ShiinekoShiineko Member Posts: 161

Why the fuck is this censored?

Protect the innocent?  Innocents... Where? Show me.

• brezelbrezel Member Posts: 202

..and i supportet this game with my money, iam so glad i have canceld. btw: post the GM´s name!

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952
    Originally posted by UncertaintyP

What the fuck was this guy thinking though?

He was thinking with his other head.

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

Why should we be suprised?  Anyone who plays this game deserves to be butt raped on top of this.

• crossed_1crossed_1 Member Posts: 2

According to the rules if the person was offended they should report it, insted of creating this , they simply could have had their issues handled by the company.

If its really such a big deal sue them.

However from reading the commentary , the player did not show the GM that they were uncomfortable, they did not ask and at some points they even played along.  And no it does not go against customer service rules of this company if the person did not ask them to stop- there is always loopholes , and this GM found one. Yes its wrong they should be reprimended , but the player should as well for egging it on. They were both at fault.

• ModifyMenuWModifyMenuW Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by crossed_1
    They were both at fault.

Yet only one of them was an FC's employee during the incident ... your point is mute.

._.

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976

According to the rules if the person was offended they should report it, insted of creating this , they simply could have had their issues handled by the company.
      If its really such a big deal sue them.

However from reading the commentary , the player did not show the GM that they were uncomfortable, they did not ask and at some points they even played along.  And no it does not go against customer service rules of this company if the person did not ask them to stop- there is always loopholes , and this GM found one. Yes its wrong they should be reprimended , but the player should as well for egging it on. They were both at fault.

yeah...I mean, the player is completely to blame. Did you see what he was wearing? He was asking for it!

Now, befroe you point out that you never said it was the player's fault, the previous was only meant as a play on justification used in other scenarios. Ultimately, many others have said it and I have to agree, the GM represents the company and, despite being a mature game, the activity seemed fairly juevenille and unproffessional.

If Funcom were to let this go I could imagine that to be silent enouragement for the activity to get in. Then, imagine what asking for support would be like:

Player A: "Did you ever put in a petition about that problem?"

Player B: "Yeah, but GM Kneelandbob is working tonight."

Player A: "Oh...that sucks..."

Player B: "Yeah...I figured I would ask if he could help after the blow job."

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319

My thoughts on this whole thing.

First off ..the OP, what on earth possessed him to engage another male..even if it was a GM..in cyber sex?   How did you know this would succeed, and you had fraps ready for this??  

Premeditated.

You take joy in entrapping people and causing them to lose their jobs. You are not cool.

On the otherhand..........

The GM was unprofessional and absolutely stupid for doing this,  this is not even funny.  What made him think that this wasn't a trick or dupe of some kind?

Next, there are too many people who slaver and drool over other people's misfortunes these days,  this thread is a classic example of how far mankind is descending into the cesspools ......backwards never to return.

Last of all, I am surprised at Mmorpg.com and their standards...or lack thereof.......this thread is gaining alot of attention, and frankly........just caters to the already craptastic general attitude of the unwashed masses.

End of thoughts

Cend

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by ModifyMenuW

They were both at fault.

Yet only one of them was an FC's employee during the incident ... your point is mute.

I think you mean "moot".

• ModifyMenuWModifyMenuW Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by green13

Originally posted by ModifyMenuW

They were both at fault.

I think you mean "moot".

Thanks for the correction. I'll let my original fault stand as is, a reminder of sorts to myself.

._.

• ShiinekoShiineko Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by Cendharia

First off ..the OP, what on earth possessed him to engage another male..even if it was a GM..in cyber sex?   How did you know this would succeed, and you had fraps ready for this??  
    Premeditated.
    You take joy in entrapping people and causing them to lose their jobs. You are not cool.
    The GM was unprofessional and absolutely stupid for doing this,  this is not even funny.  What made him think that this wasn't a trick or dupe of some kind?
    Next, there are too many people who slaver and drool over other people's misfortunes these days,  this thread is a classic example of how far mankind is descending into the cesspools ......backwards never to return.
    Last of all, I am surprised at Mmorpg.com and their standards...or lack thereof.......this thread is gaining alot of attention, and frankly........just caters to the already craptastic general attitude of the unwashed masses.
    End of thoughts
    Cend

I bet that you're some sort of crazy christian wanting to censor this thread.  You can go away.  I prefer my boards to remain mostly uncensored-- I do recommend the official Age of Conan forums.  They sound just proper for you, considering you don't like this kind of stuff.  Perhaps you may be better suited in the Hello Kitty forums too?

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

You're treating this as a sexual harassment thing, and since the player was a willing party to everything that took place, it clearly isn't.

The main issue is that GM's, occupying the positions they do, shouldn't be accepting favours of any kind from players, sexual or otherwise.

There are secondary issues of GM's actually doing their job while they're on the clock, and behaving in a manner that doesn't represent their company as a cesspit for depravity - which admittedly is hard given the way Funcom have marketed the game.

• crossed_1crossed_1 Member Posts: 2

Green I do recall saying they were both at fault , meaning I am not claiming that the gm is innocent. Maybe you should actually read before responding in such a negative fashion .

I am not treating it like a sexual harassment issue, I actually read the rules for the employers of this company, and pointed out there was a loophole, there is a difference. Now I also think that this issue should be reported, I fail to see where I am the person who is wrong in this case.

I also stand behind my statement that both are guilty . This incident was most likely set up and yes the GM was moronic for falling into this, but you fail to see a few things that strike me as odd.

-I do not believe a GM would willingly walk into this unless they  had either a personal relationship with the person , or this incident had happened before.

-If perhaps the GM  was stupid enough to walk into this, where is the beginning and the end , also the parts that seem to be missing? Because if you want valid proof might as well show the whole conversation , its obvious there is parts of it missing.

- If this incident happened before , then it should have been reported the first time, instead of setting up a scenario and posting it on a forum , where its very unlikely your issue will be solved , especially of this matter.

-why post it here instead of taking it to the correct people unless it was a ploy to get attention , which would have meant this was set up to begin with.

Am I clear enough why I think they are both at fault , it has nothing to do with what they are wearing , where they are positioned, or why the person was teleported( though that is odd)

Now to the OP do the responsible  and correct thing unlike this GM and report it to the correct people.

~edit: I went to the age of conan site and found this , maybe you should do the right thing

http://support.ageofconan.com/article.php?id=120

I am clear I do not think this is harassment however there lies the email , you should use to contact someone for this case, it was easy to find, so I am sure if you perhaps cannot seem to find it here is the instructions.

-go onto www.ageofconan.com

-select your region - those little flags at the top will tell you where to go

-go to the left side - look for the link called support

-This should take you to a page saying categories

-pick game support

-pick in game support

-third option down is the link that will take you to what I just posted.

:) - good luck

• buckstar0814buckstar0814 Member Posts: 85

It's laughable for people to think fc would have policed this and fixed it on their own.

I would have no doubt that the player would have been baned for exploiting the gm. And then it would have been discussed in the official forums for about 5 minutes before lufkin or famine closed the thread and deleted it. Then we would have more players not knowing that this gm exploit exists and many more would have been baned because this is clearly a player issue and nothing to do with fc in anyway shape or form.

/takes tongue out of cheek now

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Sweetness:

Funcom employee fired for cybersex with player in Age of Conan
    by Conrad Zimmerman on 08.10.2008 48 comments

Age of Conan

It seems that somebody has been sticking their sword into the wrong dungeon. The story goes that an Age of Conan player summoned a GM and convinced them to engage in a little "role-playing". The GM then took the player to a more secluded portion of the game world and (after a bit of hemming and hawing) proceeded to describe a sexual scenario in graphic detail.

Best of all? The whole thing is a setup. Shortly after things get really hot and heavy, the player reveals that he lied about his gender before screaming, "THIS IS SPARTA!" and announcing that he has AIDS. It's times like this where I have to thank God for the creation of the internet.

Funcom, understandably, was less amused with the situation and released the following statement:

We are aware of this matter, and necessary measures have been taken against them. We have clear guidelines for all employees in Funcom, not least those who work with customer service, and if the guidelines are broken there are consequences

Put on your robe and wizard hat because a transcript of the chat conversation, complete with screenshots, is available here. I don't think I should have to warn you that it's NSFW, but it's obvious from the conversation that some people out there still don't know what's appropriate when on the job.

• darkshowdodarkshowdo Member Posts: 12

Lol this is Great, Just made my day Go you all in Age of Conan Hope you get lucky like him XD

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776
    Originally posted by Cendharia

Premeditated.
    End of thoughts
    Cend

Though Im not the op the first thing that popped in my mind was not "ooo look some more trouble for funcom" but more along the lines of "with all the problems this game has how could a gm have time to engage in this purposely" when I'm sure there are massive amounts of petitions out there to answer?"

This to me answers directly to the fact that this company is going in many different directions and none of them right.

Also MMORPG should be commended because if I was waiting for 8 hours for a gm to answer a petition and this was tying up a gm I sure want to know about it.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

And incase no one else notice it appears said gm was fired.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• cefirocefiro Member UncommonPosts: 18

This thread does no good for the game, and it seems just a hype mechanism to gain hits by mmorpg -guess they can sell more ad space by quoting the traffic flow numbers.

Deseves to be removed or locked. nothing positive will come from this.

• nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313
    Originally posted by cefiro

This thread does no good for the game, and it seems just a hype mechanism to gain hits by mmorpg -guess they can sell more ad space by quoting the traffic flow numbers.
    Deseves to be removed or locked. nothing positive will come from this.

To the contrary, MMORPG.COM have handled this splendidly and I applaud them.

For example, I am pretty certain that Funcom has asked them to take this thread down.  That they have not, despite all of the AOC ads I see at MMORPG.COM and all the money that Funcom is doubtlessly giving them (either directly or indirectly through other ad vendors), speaks very well for MMORPG.COM.

I am actually pleasantly surprised that they have apparently NOT been "bought out".  There are few enough "independent" sites as it is, and many show signs of having compromised themselves.  Cheers for MMORPG.COM!

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

For some of you who say the player is at fault for setting it up... i have to bring up an incident that happened a couple years ago with another company.

A news crew installed camera's and marked parts on their car with a perm marker, then went to a large auto chain known as jiffy lube. The person in charge of helping them out convinced them to get parts and fixes for their car.

After charging them, the mechanic didnt even do anything to the vehicle. The under cover customer did this many times at different locations of the same chain and the same thing happened, charging for new parts that were never installed, none of the services they paid for even occurred.

Now this person who set it all up actually was a news reporter. They in turn approached the mechanics and managers with this crime.

Is the OP doing any different? not at all. The OP is acting as the role of a news reporter, and went under cover to get news to the community. That news being that the GMs are unprofessional and are willing to waste time cybering and goofing off than answer petitions and help the broken game.

The OP did us a favor, dont forget that AoC players are customers paying for a service, the employees are getting paid with some of the customers money for help, and if that help isnt happening because the GMs are abusing their power and goofing around, then that is unacceptable especially when the game in its entirity has failed to deliver on so many fronts.

This discussion has been closed.