Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veterency

demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

Used some trial code for my old account for a promo. And now with this veteren bring back it says this code will not work for this account. Are you only aloud to use 1 for the acounts lifespan? Also my acount was a full account but after using that code its now trial.

Comments

• themiltonthemilton Member Posts: 353

Is having a "trial account" hampering you in anyway? Are you not able to play any characters over lvl 14?

You may actually want to take your question to to NCSoft itself since it's about billing and account status. People here can share experiences, but they can't really do anything to fix your situation if there is indeed a problem.

-------------
    The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

I agree, go through the NCSoft "ask a question" form. It's been a while since I played with trial codes, but adding one should in no way downgrade a retail code (if it's even possible at all).

For a come-back code not working, is it possible you played within 90 days? You have to be gone at least that long. And then I don't know if there's a once-per-lifetime restriction on that or what, but I know they track who got codes and if they were used forever.

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by demonic87

Used some trial code for my old account for a promo. And now with this veteren bring back it says this code will not work for this account. Are you only aloud to use 1 for the acounts lifespan? Also my acount was a full account but after using that code its now trial.

So, it sounds like you were originally a CoH vet who got a CoV trial -- that converted you over to a trial account.  You won't be eligible for a Veteran return code until you've signed up for the game and then quit it for 90+ days.

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

Slap in the face..

• WikkedbowtieWikkedbowtie Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by demonic87

Slap in the face..

I know. The nerve of them to actually make a rule that keepd people from explioting free game time. I mean come on, its not like they need to make money off this game or anything. 

• ParisDragonParisDragon Member Posts: 141

If you apply a trial code to an existing account it doesnt convert your existing account, it creates a second CoH login account, look in account management and you will see two Coh accounts. one of these is your original and can still apply a return code (long as IT has be inactive 90 days). The second will be the trial account.

Cith of Heroes/Villians
    --------------------------
    Heroes:
    Xenomorph 50 scrapper - Virtue
    Polar Force 50 Blaster - Virtue

Villians:
    Rhino Hulk 50 Brute - Virtue
    Destructor 48 Corruptor - Virtue

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by ParisDragon

If you apply a trial code to an existing account it doesnt convert your existing account, it creates a second CoH login account, look in account management and you will see two Coh accounts. one of these is your original and can still apply a return code (long as IT has be inactive 90 days). The second will be the trial account.

This is not entirely correct.  As I stated above, it was possible to apply a CoV trial to a previously existing CoH account, which sounds like what happened to the op.  http://www.cityofvillains.com/promos/feb06.html

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

That's true but it wouldn't have removed retail status, only added CoV access. In more recent days, this is why they expanded CoH for everyone. A CoV trial would be redundant.

If an account dropped from retail to trial, it must be a new, rare, and unforseen bug. Report it to NC Reps and I'm sure they can fix it.

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.