Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New AoC Correspondent

13»

Comments

• DosasDosas Member Posts: 104

Hello OP,

do you have Avery's seal of approval?

J/k , nice to meet you

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Great.  It's bad enough that we get banned for bringing up concerns on the official forums.  Now we can get banned for it here too.  Epic Fail.

Nm, I just read that he can't do that, lol.  We are safe, for now.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• KirijiKiriji Member Posts: 340
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

Great.  It's bad enough that we get banned for bringing up concerns on the official forums.  Now we can get banned for it here too.  Epic Fail.

Read the thread hes not a Mod, he has no banning powers

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Bladeinhand

Safe, for now.  That's good, because I fully intend to be honest about FC's customer service failures, which are extensive.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• DominisiDominisi Age of Conan CorrespondentMember Posts: 95

Originally posted by Bladeinhand

Safe, for now.  That's good, because I fully intend to be honest about FC's customer service failures, which are extensive.

I agree. 110%

• demo3210demo3210 Member Posts: 112

Welcome to the AOC forums.   

One question, where can I read your articles?

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

welcome aboard.

also for those who dont know what these correspondents do, read the banner up the top.  there is at least 1 for EVERY game on this site.  dont drill this guy (the new guy too) because you have never dealth with one before and decided it would be a good place to vent your Funcom frustrations...

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Well welcome to you but as far as the potential part , where exactly do you see any potential ? All I see is lots of big talk with very little solid action to back it up from Funcom.

A ream of paper has the potential to become a good novel or short story if it is the hands of a talented writer

A lump of clay has potential in the hands of a skilled potter or sculptor

A chunk of wood can be carved into beautiful and functional goblet in the right hands

What I am saying here is anyone can have a good idea or big plans but few have the ability to turn their ambitions into action. All I have seen from Funcom is big talk and marketing lies.  They screwed AO up initially and with the expansions. Then they screwed up AoC, so I figure the odds of them turning AoC around now are somewhere between slim and none and Slim just jumped on the bus to Miami.

I miss DAoC

• ZhqrxtZhqrxt Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by Dominisi

(...) I indicate how upset the community is, its probably going to be my most sugar coated article. So stand by to stand by.

Ooh rah.

Looking foreward to that one. Lately ive been abit baffled about how the hate have seemed to be feeding of itself.

The game is no way that bad.

The (failed)  marketing must have played a part. 

• ronan32ronan32 Member Posts: 1,418
    Originally posted by Dominisi

I just wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself.
    I am Dominisi, one of the new game correspondents for Age of Conan.  I'm not sure if I'll be the only one, but hey, might as well put in a post, let you all know who I am, and where I stand with the game.
    I'm a PvP player, hardcore, through and through. I got enough of that PvE BS when i was playing WoW, and I've been a PvP player for serveral years now.
    Am I happy with AoC? Marginally.
    Am I excited with the potential it holds? Very.
    So my job here won't be to bash FunCom on the apparent failures (releasing the game 6 months early) but to give you all information on upcomming changes to the game, and Funcom's new content etc. that is suppost to be comming down the line here soon.
    Hope to provide some good articles for you all soon.

you're a brave man.

• GhistGhist Member Posts: 275

Congratulations and welcome.

But USMC?  You are a marine and play AoC?  What are you some sort of glutton for punishment?

Waiting for the next thing

• CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043

Hell, you guys sure aren't cutting Dominisi a break.

He hasn't even had the chance to prove himself yet, and people are already jumping down his throat.

It's a little sad to insult a man and accuse him of malicious intent before he's even finished saying hello.

Welcome to you Dom! I'm looking forward to seeing your first assignment here. Perhaps we can collaborate on an article or two in the future.  :-)

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by Cymdai

Hell, you guys sure aren't cutting Dominisi a break.
    He hasn't even had the chance to prove himself yet, and people are already jumping down his throat.
    It's a little sad to insult a man and accuse him of malicious intent before he's even finished saying hello.
    Welcome to you Dom! I'm looking forward to seeing your first assignment here. Perhaps we can collaborate on an article or two in the future.  :-)

Hey, Cymdai is a Funcom employee too!! Get him!

Yeah, it's silly to attack Dom.

• RansomDentonRansomDenton Member Posts: 111

Welcome Dom

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

I thought AoC had potential too, but then i realized who was making it. Funcom. One of the most incompetent companies i have ever seen, second to Sigil.  Not only can funcom not properly do internal QA (which leads to more breaks than fixes), but while they are failing to effectively give the customers what they bought (a working game with its advertised features) they are dividing their time on 3 other projects: Their new MMORPG The Secret World, Graphical Updates for Anarchy Online and the 2009 retail expansion to tie in with the xbox release.

In other words, they lack professional behavior. I would be happier if SOE was in charge of AoC, because even they could do a better job.