Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game still run like Crysis on a Geforce 2?

Man I remember trying this game a couple years ago and it ran soooooo badly on my x1950xtx, just wondering if it's still the same?

----------------------------------------
Talking about SWG much?

Comments

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

Runs fairly well on my Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB / 1GB RAM / 2.4GHz AMD Athlon. Lag only happens after the game's been running for several hours or more.

My settings:
    - fullscreen 1280x1024
    - max Graphic Detail
    - max textures
    - one-quarter view distance
    - I can enable terrain clutter without performance impact, but I choose not to so I can spot small herb resources on the ground more easily.
    - Cloth simulation disabled due to personal preference. I don't know exactly how much it affects performance when enabled because I've had it disabled for a long time, but according to my vague memory, its effect was minimal.
    - spell effects enabled
    - Shadows disabled due to personal preference. When enabled, their performance impact is small or nonexistent.
    - decals enabled
    - antialiasing forced via graphics card settings: 4x multisampling
    - anisotropic filtering forced via graphics card settings: 4x

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• dand3dand3 Member Posts: 241

Similar experience here;

7900GS AGP (=~7600 GT); 2G RAM; 1280 X 960

Max View Distance

2X AA, not sure about AF.

Otherwise, settings very similar to Katriell's; except I remember that cloth simulation made a big difference back in the day.

Systems have gotten better, and the devs have also made improvements to the game; for example some items had crazy high polygon counts and have been redesigned.

Game runs smoothly, no hitching.

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

I have an old Radeon 9600 / 2GB RAM / 3.0 GHz. I could only play with the graphics settings turned right down, but the game performance was fine.

Game performance has improved greatly over what it was several years ago - which was ridiculously laggy.

But I could only play for about 4 hours at a stretch before needing to reboot my machine and load times when zoning can take 5+ minutes.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

I remember playing this game when it first came out, 19 fps was actually good and it would usually drop down to 8.

I tried the trial a few months ago to check it out and things seemed to be better but some animations still seemed choppy, but I think thats just the game.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar