Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall new info

Comments

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

The video they talk about will NEVER see the light of day.  Unless they rehash old videos as per normal and call it new.

How convenient that they mention no-one is allowed to visit them apart from a couple of ficticious people who may or may not write about it - gimme a break what idiot would actually belive this rubbish?

Oh and 'local press' may have an article about their visits at some point in the future, 'local press', HAHA priceless.  These guys are masters of BullS**T.

They STILL don't show anyone anywhere Darkfall gameplay.  No-one in the entire world outside of the devs (lol) have ever seen actual gameplay.  WAKE UP fanbois and smell the Vapour!! don't be stepped on all your life.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Vortigon

The video they talk about will NEVER see the light of day.  Unless they rehash old videos as per normal and call it new.
    How convenient that they mention no-one is allowed to visit them apart from a couple of ficticious people who may or may not write about it - gimme a break what idiot would actually belive this rubbish?
    Oh and 'local press' may have an article about their visits at some point in the future, 'local press', HAHA priceless.  These guys are masters of BullS**T.

They STILL don't show anyone anywhere Darkfall gameplay.  No-one in the entire world outside of the devs (lol) have ever seen actual gameplay.  WAKE UP fanbois and smell the Vapour!! don't be stepped on all your life.

I posted this in another thread, but it works well here, also.

Yep, I just found the list of names for these soon-to-be-visiting community members:

"AsP"

"asp"

"ASP"

"XaspX"

and

"Asp101"

I'm sure they'll all have glowing impressions to impart afterwards.

• MortalStrikeMortalStrike Member Posts: 35

More ignorance. They've delivered on every video. The videos show 90% of the main gameplay, maybe you should try watching them:

Gentle introduction:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkfall

As of 15/07/2008, Darkfall has:

+ 6 official videos:

- 2005 df alpha video 

- 2006 gameplay video

- 2006 deathpig video

- 2007 gameplay video

- 2007 aerdin cat video

- 2008 cities and sites video

+ ~ 600 screenshots at various stages of game development:

www.darkfallonline.eu/darkfall-bilder/main.php

+ 125,000 words (260 pages) of official developer interviews and updates.

• MortalStrikeMortalStrike Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Zorvan

I posted this in another thread, but it works well here, also.

Yep, I just found the list of names for these soon-to-be-visiting community members:

"AsP"

I'm sure they'll all have glowing impressions to impart afterwards.

Cause maybe the game is really good? Just a thought...

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

MortalStrike....

PLEASE do explain to me how your "2007 gameplay video" as you labeled that link is a game play video.

Because it's NOT! The actual name of the video is "Darkfall Battle" and it is NOT a freakin' "gameplay" video. You are as bad as the deceivers spreading lies and deceit on the Darkfall website.

In order for a video to be an actual "game play" video.. we should be able to see the actual UI (user interface). You know... the players hot bar and health and mana bars etc.

Again, there are NO actual game play videos of this game. Stop changing the names of videos to say "gameplay" when it's not even close to being true. Are you really trying to fool people like me with such deception or are you perhaps trying to fool yourself? Hmmm?

- Zaxx

• gillvane1gillvane1 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,503
    Originally posted by 123123456202

if this game gives its promises it will be the most amazing game ever....its hype would shoot out the roof if they were at e3 with a playable demo.

Then why weren't they at E3 with a playable demo? The link in the OP says the game is finished, and they are just fixing bugs, playtesting (where's the open beta?) and looking for a publisher.

If you really were looking for a publisher, wouldn't you be at E3?

• SoundbyteSoundbyte Member Posts: 109
    Originally posted by zaxtor99

MortalStrike....
    PLEASE do explain to me how your "2007 gameplay video" as you labeled that link is a game play video.
    Because it's NOT! The actual name of the video is "Darkfall Battle" and it is NOT a freakin' "gameplay" video. You are as bad as the deceivers spreading lies and deceit on the Darkfall website.
    In order for a video to be an actual "game play" video.. we should be able to see the actual UI (user interface). You know... the players hot bar and health and mana bars etc.
    Again, there are NO actual game play videos of this game. Stop changing the names of videos to say "gameplay" when it's not even close to being true. Are you really trying to fool people like me with such deception or are you perhaps trying to fool yourself? Hmmm?

Just curious - what's the point of seeing a health/mana bar? it's the most unimportant, trivial piece of the game. I think he means actual gameplay, not blue and yellow bars going up and down.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050
    Originally posted by Soundbyte

MortalStrike....

Just curious - what's the point of seeing a health/mana bar? it's the most unimportant, trivial piece of the game. I think he means actual gameplay, not blue and yellow bars going up and down.

but some ui video shots showing combat would proving this game is real, until then

garbage --------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

MortalStrike....

Seeing the UI makes it more likely it was actual game footage, and not just a made up video about a game that doesn't actually exist.

Originally posted by gillvane1

if this game gives its promises it will be the most amazing game ever....its hype would shoot out the roof if they were at e3 with a playable demo. 

Then why weren't they at E3 with a playable demo? The link in the OP says the game is finished, and they are just fixing bugs, playtesting (where's the open beta?) and looking for a publisher.

E3 is about 4 things: microsoft, nintendo, sony and console games. It's a waste of time if you're not into one of those 4 things, which is why Blizzard, Valve, ID, etc don't bother going either.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Originally posted by gillvane1

E3 is about 4 things: microsoft, nintendo, sony and console games. It's a waste of time if you're not into one of those 4 things, which is why Blizzard, Valve, ID, etc don't bother going either.

Well... at least War is there.....

RIP Orc Choppa

Originally posted by Draccan

but some ui video shots showing combat would proving this game is real, until then
    garbage --------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

..but the gameplay videos are nothing but combat. IT's garbage cause you can't see blue and yellow bars while there are characters beating the crap outta each other with fully real-time attacks?I think you might be getting confused about what constitutes real gameplay bro.

Edit: the UI is there, it's just really minimal. Look again. If you mean why aren't there big yellow number popping out everywhere i think that's by design; they are going to realism not WOW-cloning.

Originally posted by arctarus

Ironic that War has just announced it's cutting out almost 2/3rds of its content after having pushed back release and beta dates a few times...

maybe they should follow the Darkfall model more closely and spend more time developing & finishing their game and less time hyping and taking pre-orders for an unfinished game?

Bit funny seeing some ppl bash Darkfall and then supporting War or AoC, which are both badly unfinished... Pot calling kettle back?

Originally posted by Draccan

..but the gameplay videos are nothing but combat. IT's garbage cause you can't see blue and yellow bars while there are characters beating the crap outta each other with fully real-time attacks?

Edit: the UI is there, it's just really minimal. Look again. If you mean why aren't there big yellow number popping out everywhere i think that's by design; they are going to realism not WOW-cloning.

please soundbyte, go play an mmo first before you come here and talk about them..... thx

"Death Nerver Look so Hot............... And Slow!!!"

RIP Orc Choppa

Ironic that War has just announced it's cutting out almost 2/3rds of its content after having pushed back release and beta dates a few times...

maybe they should follow the Darkfall model more closely and spend more time developing & finishing their game and less time hyping and taking pre-orders for an unfinished game?

Bit funny seeing some ppl bash Darkfall and then supporting War or AoC, which are both badly unfinished... Pot calling kettle back?

LOLZ!!! 2/3rd of their content??!!!! Man you really need to do some reading before bashing any game like a 12 year old.... plz....

RIP Orc Choppa

LOLZ!!! 2/3rd of their content??!!!! Man you really need to do some reading before bashing any game like a 12 year old.... plz...

They announced it bro, 2/3rd of War is now officially vapour. The latest War RVR video looks seriously bad too. At this point, War is more vapour than Darkfall, in the sense that War is not coming anywhere close to expectations.

LOLZ!!! 2/3rd of their content??!!!! Man you really need to do some reading before bashing any game like a 12 year old.... plz...

They announced it bro, 2/3rd of War is now officially vapour. The latest War RVR video looks seriously bad too. At this point, War is more vapour than Darkfall, in the sense that War is not coming anywhere close to expectations.

yes they did announce 4 class and 4 cicites will be cut. Im sad about it because i wana play the orc choppa. But its really not 2/3 of the game.

About more vapour than DF, i really dont think so. They cut all these feature because they are really gona release it soon, that's why they can't have any medicore gameplay in it.

But for DF, ive been following it eveer since ive heard of it, but time after time of promise that beta is coming, from 2003 ( where i start)  til now.... man i really hope you know how i feel.

If really this game is release with MOST of what it promise in it, i would in a heartbeat forget about War and play it. But till now i still didnt see anyhting solid enough to guarrenty a release this year, much less a good release.... sorry

RIP Orc Choppa

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

If Soundbyte (pretty ironic name) is not being sarcastic with this post, then it has to be one of the most ill-informed, delusional, and downright idiotic posts that I have ever read on any forum, anywhere!

I'm really pissed off with Darkfall.

Like a lot people here, I see the proposed features of the game, and thought that it sounded like the Holy Grail of MMO gaming.   Then I began to read the forums, and learnt a bit about the title, and realised it was all a lie.

When you look at the Darkfall features page, you see it as a question and answer session.  It is as though they have gathered together all the stuff we MMO gamers have ever wanted in a game, and then claim that they have it in Darkfall.  So the section reads along the lines of;

Will Darkfall have this?  Oh yes.

Will Darkfall have that?  Oh yes.

Basically, anything that you ever wanted to see in a game, Darkfall apparently has it. 

However, there are no specifics.  When you delve further, everything is cloaked in mystery.  I wonder why?  This game has supposedly been in production for 7 years, and is meant to be realised this year?  Hmmm, how many times has beta meant to have started now?  And they are claiming that the actual game, will be ready for general release sometime this year?  Aye, right!

What annoys me nearly as much, is the fanatism of the people who just want to believe the hype.  In my eyes, they honestly have all the markings of a cult.

The Cult of Darkfall.  We must believe anything our Greek master tells us.  We need no proof.  A couple of screenshots, or videos that have been around for awhile is enough for us.  We shall defend our Master and Darkfall to the death.  If anyone dares ask a legitimate question on our forum, we shall all congregate and spout hate, and spit on the worthless infidel, for not instantly believing in our Greek Master and his claims.  We shall infiltrate all other forum sites, and spread rumours of our hallowed Game's existence, so that we may get new people to join our cult.

The Cult of Darkfall shall live on.  Already we are making plans about what we shall do next year, when we are still awaiting the coming of our hallowed Game.  And the year after that.

And should our hallowed Game finally emerge...  We shall rejoice, even though it has hardly any of the features that were promised us.  Even if it is a bugged, dated, piece of crap, we shall laugh because at least it is real crap!

Aye - and should I be proved wrong, and the game does finally come out, I think the Cult of Darkfall will be correct, and that it will be real....crap!

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

Originally posted by Majestico

If Soundbyte (pretty ironic name) is not being sarcastic with this post, then it has to be one of the most ill-informed, delusional, and downright idiotic posts that I have ever read on any forum, anywhere!

Like a lot people here, I see the proposed features of the game, and thought that it sounded like the Holy Grail of MMO gaming.   Then I began to read the forums, and learnt a bit about the title, and realised it was all a lie.

When you look at the Darkfall features page, you see it as a question and answer session.  It is as though they have gathered together all the stuff we MMO gamers have ever wanted in a game, and then claim that they have it in Darkfall.  So the section reads along the lines of;

Basically, anything that you ever wanted to see in a game, Darkfall apparently has it. 

However, there are no specifics.  When you delve further, everything is cloaked in mystery.  I wonder why?  This game has supposedly been in production for 7 years, and is meant to be realised this year?  Hmmm, how many times has beta meant to have started now?  And they are claiming that the actual game, will be ready for general release sometime this year?  Aye, right!

What annoys me nearly as much, is the fanatism of the people who just want to believe the hype.  In my eyes, they honestly have all the markings of a cult.

The Cult of Darkfall.  We must believe anything our Greek master tells us.  We need no proof.  A couple of screenshots, or videos that have been around for awhile is enough for us.  We shall defend our Master and Darkfall to the death.  If anyone dares ask a legitimate question on our forum, we shall all congregate and spout hate, and spit on the worthless infidel, for not instantly believing in our Greek Master and his claims.  We shall infiltrate all other forum sites, and spread rumours of our hallowed Game's existence, so that we may get new people to join our cult.

The Cult of Darkfall shall live on.  Already we are making plans about what we shall do next year, when we are still awaiting the coming of our hallowed Game.  And the year after that.

And should our hallowed Game finally emerge...  We shall rejoice, even though it has hardly any of the features that were promised us.  Even if it is a bugged, dated, piece of crap, we shall laugh because at least it is real crap!

Aye - and should I be proved wrong, and the game does finally come out, I think the Cult of Darkfall will be correct, and that it will be real....crap!

The first sentence you typed, you discribe yourself, you mean thats you?....

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

It's stuff like this, which doesn't really tell you anything. For example, apply strategy to beat your opponents. Ok, strategy is good. But what game mechanics allow you to use strategy? It doesn't say, never has. Combat is well balanced. That's good. But how? It doesn't say. You compete over land ownership. Ok, cool! How does that work? No details at all.

The only one that makes any sense is "no safe zones". Ok, we can interpret that as FFA PvP. Otherwise it's just a bunch of vague baloney.

Darkfall is optimized for both player versus player action and for massive battles.

Protect your home and expand your holdings as you build your empire. In Darkfall, clans struggle for supremacy and survival as they compete over land ownership, resources, and strategic objectives.

Darkfall's combat system is well balanced and well thought out, and the action is real-time, fast paced, and exciting. You?re in the thick of the action, not merely observing it.

Apply strategy, tactics, logistics, and individual skill to defeat your opponents.

Choose from a great variety of weapons, armors, hundreds of offensive and defensive spells, and special attacks.

Fight on horseback during a cavalry charge, participate in a naval battle, fight from vehicles and control siege and heavy weapons.

Your victories are documented for posterity and success is measurable, so you'll never have to wonder what really happened.

There are no safe zones in Darkfall. The only protection you can count on is your friends watching your back.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Vaporware.

...and here is where the logic breaks down and the trolling starts up.

for one thing, there's 6 videos and over 600 hundred screenshots. six hundred!

the content of the videos and the screenshots show proof of 90% of Darkfall's features. if you want to maintain that nothing is real until YOU play it then fine, but be CONSISTENT and call ALL games vapour until YOU actually play them. soooo many people writing "lol darkfall vapourz" in one thread and then "AoC is fully finished and bug-free" or "the loss of 4/6 major quest/RVR hub cities in War isn't that bad" in another thread. It's BS.

stepping through Darkfall's claimed feature list, almost everything has been shown in a video or a screenshot and often both. some stuff that hasn't been fully shown, like skill trees and crafting recipes are NOT GOING to be shown because the devs have said numerous times that DISCOVERY of these things is part of the game. they certainly don't make the game vapourware.

city building hasn't been fully shown (although there are screenshot of sieges) and that is the main focus of the video that will be here in august.

other than that - what other HASN'T darkfall demonstrated? you guys are claiming Darkfall hasn't demonstrated stuff, but it ain't true. it's all there if you actually delve into the available videos and screenshots.

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

" or "the loss of 4/6 major quest/RVR hub cities in War isn't that bad" in another thread. It's BS.

This is BS.  WAR hasn't lost 4/6 major quest RvR hub Cities.  It has lost 4/6 Capital Cities. 
    It had 33 Game zones.  So it lost 4/33 game zones.  It has 20/24 classes still in place.
    So it lost somewhere between 12%-16% of the game content.  Not 66% <Mod edit>

Plus it was stated that Mythic was adding extra keeps to make up for the lost Cities.  So there goes that portion of your complaint. 
    Don't be jealous because an actual RvR game is coming out that will be good and your game is still in the pre-Beta wetdream hope to be a game phase. 

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

Originally posted by Cabe2323

Don't be jealous because an actual RvR game is coming out that will be good and your game is still in the pre-Beta wetdream hope to be a game phase.  

dude i want a *GOOD* PVP game as much as anyone. AoC isn't it, EVE isn't it, and WOW surely isn't either. anything else is too old/clunky for me to consider, or is unreleased.

i played DAOC for 4 years and frankly i wish they had invested their efforts into making DAOC2 rather than War. that said, War is not looking good at all. the graphics, the beta reports, the WOW-like feel of the game, and just the whole vibe of the game just feels... wrong.

since reading about Darkfall, i just don't think i will be happy with any MMO that doesn't have Darkfall's featurelist. if nothing else, Darkfall has shown me just how stupid and pointless all the current MMOs are. well maybe that and lots of TeamFortress 2 exposure ;-) WOW isn't fun, it's a flat-out grind with no consequences or real achievements, and i'm over it.

so honestly, it's not that i'm a "darkfall fanboi", it's that given a choice of MMOs now, it's Darkfall's featurelist or no MMO.

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Soundbyte, don't be ridiculous.

Comparing Darkfall to a game that has already released like "Age of Conan" and slamming Age of Conan vs Darkfall is beyond utter ignorance.

Have you even played Age of Conan? Do you even have a good enough computer to play it? I have played Age of Conan at its launch and it ran VERY smoothly for a newly launched game. Not only that, but the game ran very smoothly. I didn't crash or lag at all in over 100 hours of gaming its first two weeks of release. There were a few bugs here and there, but most of those bugs were quickly fixed.

Now, have you played Darkfall? Ofcourse you haven't. So even if you have played Age of Conan, how in the blue hell can you compare it against a game which hasn't even launched yet?!?? You might as well compare World of Warcraft 4 vs Ultima Online 3.

Also, you still haven't responded to my legitimate questions I have asked. If Darkfall is releasing this year, then who will publish this game? Also, how are you so sure that this game will be so great and not go the same direction as another hype filled game that actually launched in 2006 called "Dark and Light"? You have NO IDEA what Darkfall will do when it launches... "IF" it launches.

At this point, I'd have to say that if Darkfall has as much success as Dark and Light did, then I'd be shocked with surprise. First, it would actually have to launch. Secondly, it would actually have to be somewhat playable.

Yeah, yeah. But I know. You know FOR SURE as a brand new member on these forums (cough) that Dark and Light will make both Age of Conan and Warhammer Online look terrible. According to you, Warhammer is the vaporware and should follow Darkfalls great history of development. (I'm still laughing at that BS).

Also.. as I have stated... STOP HIDING behind new member names and make all your bold statements about how great Darkfall is with your REAL member name. Again, I ask you... why are you hiding behind new member names? What are you so scared of?

Okay.. with that, I need to go take a "Darkfall" in my restroom. My breakfast ran through me rather quickly this morning. :-P Get it? "Dark Fall". I think I'll start using that name to actually describe taking a poop. lol. Pretty funny and much more fitting for the term "darkfall" then "the greatest holy grail mmo game ever" if you ask me. ;-) Who knows. Maybe in 20 years, the term "darkfall" will actually be famous and in dictionaries around the world with the definition "to take a poop". Darkfall could only HOPE to have such success eh?

- Zaxx