Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOTLK is going to FAIL.

Comments

• SikhanderSikhander Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by coffee

That was a screenshot from the offical WAR website and amoung the last round of screens THEY posted. Its an upto to date official screen shot.

It is official but it is not recent. The point still stands - if you want to make a comparison make a real one between two comparable objects that is all I ask for. I do not ask you to change your opinion but I do ask you to be honest and less manipulative.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by Sikhander

That was a screenshot from the offical WAR website and amoung the last round of screens THEY posted. Its an upto to date official screen shot.

It is official but it is not recent. The point still stands - if you want to make a comparison make a real one between two comparable objects that is all I ask for. I do not ask you to change your opinion but I do ask you to be honest and less manipulative.

Not sure how more honest i can get Mythic last posted offical screen of WAR on their website 15th May.. I posted 1 of those images.. all other images are unoffical.

• AcesplayedAcesplayed Member Posts: 182

Im seriously done with WoW not going back for Wotlk been playing since release and everythings same old same old I returned twice  on old WoW , returned for TBC but I can honestly say for some odd reason I  have no interest at all for Wotlk. I guess Im just one of them who are just way to burnt out on this game and just forsees the same crap with a few twists like always.

Id consider going back If they made a Pre-BC server  with no transfers everything back to the way it was .

No such thing as luck, just believing in it is what makes it real to you and really...thats all you need.

Im on nobodies' side but my own.

• AcesplayedAcesplayed Member Posts: 182

Not sure how more honest i can get Mythic last posted offical screen of WAR on their website 15th May.. I posted 1 of those images.. all other images are unoffical.

So in 2months there cant be any graphical updates?

Youd know If you are supposedly in beta.

No such thing as luck, just believing in it is what makes it real to you and really...thats all you need.

Im on nobodies' side but my own.

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Originally posted by tornsage

I'm convinced that the game is ruined. It started with BC and the dev's love ffair with arena. A MINORITY of players likes it. The MAJORITY HATES IT> Why won't blizzerd do what players want? Because I believe elitist devs have too much control and manipulate the game to their own likes.
    Arena sucks plain and simple. It's boring. Bring back world PVP and stop messing with stipid junk that means nothing.
    They even brought up some lame achievment" thing that grants nothing but acknowlegment that you wasted time doing boring stuff.

I hope the game fails and the devs all lose theur jobs.

I'm not even going to read the rest of the posts before I reply to this.

-Game isn't ruined, it is THE most popular MMO of all time.

-The point above means more people who will moan and complain about its success.

-A MAJORITY of players love the arena, according to the feedback. If you were right about it being hated, then Blizzard would DEFINITELY not be focusing on it now, would they? Afterall, they are about making money and they would not do anything to deter from that.

-They are bringing back world pvp. People love both arena and world pvp. You attempt to speak for everyone, including myself, yet I never said the things you claim us "players" all unanimously agree upon.

-I for one think the Achievement thing is amazing, I have always loved these kinds of things.

You, sir, are part of the minority. You have to allow yourself to become truly unbiased. Once you are able to do that, you enjoy things much more thoroughly. I know WoW isn't perfect, I know there are parts of other MMOs that I enjoy more than I do certain aspects of WoW, but why hate something so much as to wish people unemployment, when the thing you apparently hate is made to entertain certain people? This game didn't HAVE to be released, it was not made specifically for you. Get over yourself, and learn to enjoy a video game. If you don't like it, and this is the most common yet accurate answer - don't play it!

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

• HornyHorny Member Posts: 45

WoW is going down the cliff since TBC. Blizzard proved to be unable to adapt Warcraft III lore (the real sucess) to his MMORPG project.

Its not going to fail. Its a fail already.

• IndoIndo Member Posts: 252

What is your definition of fail? Their subscriber-base is simply too big for it to "fail". I won't be playing it and I suspect this will be the last of the WoW expansions but it won't "fail".

• TergeronTergeron Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Horny

WoW is going down the cliff since TBC. Blizzard proved to be unable to adapt Warcraft III lore (the real sucess) to his MMORPG project.

Considering WoW is well on its way to 12 million subs by the time LK is released I have a hard time seeing world of warcraft being defined as "Failed"

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by gtwhalley

-A MAJORITY of players love the arena, according to the feedback. If you were right about it being hated, then Blizzard would DEFINITELY not be focusing on it now, would they? Afterall, they are about making money and they would not do anything to deter from that.
    Blizzard doesn't go by feedback they go by numbers.  Most people I know go to arenas to get gear. NOT because it is the fun thing to do.  Much like Kara. Blizzard stated months ago how Kara was so popular and everyone pveing goes there. Except the fact they forced everyone to go there through their dumb instance key structure.  Kara killed more big raiding guilds then anything else blizzard has done.
    -They are bringing back world pvp. People love both arena and world pvp. You attempt to speak for everyone, including myself, yet I never said the things you claim us "players" all unanimously agree upon.
    World  PVP, honestly who does world PVP?  I see maybe 20 people total at a time doing world pvp., ya thats popular.
    -I for one think the Achievement thing is amazing, I have always loved these kinds of things.

You, sir, are part of the minority. You have to allow yourself to become truly unbiased. Once you are able to do that, you enjoy things much more thoroughly. I know WoW isn't perfect, I know there are parts of other MMOs that I enjoy more than I do certain aspects of WoW, but why hate something so much as to wish people unemployment, when the thing you apparently hate is made to entertain certain people? This game didn't HAVE to be released, it was not made specifically for you. Get over yourself, and learn to enjoy a video game. If you don't like it, and this is the most common yet accurate answer - don't play it!

I think its the ooposite.  People are so dead set in their little wow world that they beleive EVERYTHING blizz shoves down there throat.  Like the things I mentioned above.  You would think World PVP what 90% of all pvp and was the greatest thing to hit the pvp mmo scene. Yet nobody goes there. nobody plays it.  yet you sit here and like other fanboys list it as a major feature. Great. 

Sure theres everything in wow. PVP, PVE, socializing. But everthing is watered down, everything has been done before in other mmo's alot better.  And with those 100's of millions of dollars you would think all these features wouldn;t be so watered down.
    So go ahead, enjoy the expansion, becuase next year will be the last year of growth for WoW. Then you will see all the crazy craptastic stuff they will try to keep the hemmorging subs from leaving.

And BTW, I play WoW. I am on a break and will be back for the expansion.  But unlike the WoW fanboys I see whats coming and will be jumping soon before I finish this expansion.

Originally posted by Tergeron
    Considering WoW is well on its way to 12 million subs by the time LK is released I have a hard time seeing world of warcraft being defined as "Failed"

Far from truth.

http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart11.html

www.warcraftrealms.com/temp/activity-2008-06.htm

• VicksburgVicksburg Member Posts: 181

Far from truth.

http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart11.html

www.warcraftrealms.com/temp/activity-2008-06.htm

Actually It IS true the 12 million coming. I think it will be even more than 12 million.

because in July there is a strong resurge in activity in this man's stats. (based on a sample of 1% who use census plus BTW)/

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=70&servertypeid=-1

Today it was at 6.2 million compared to the 5.8 million in June. (last summer it was down to 5.5 million btw).

So the July stats of 2008 will be higher than that of 2007 and with the new Beta WotlK you can see what is happning.

A build up to Nov 2008 and then an explosion just like the 2 previous years (but now with Wotlk).

So I'll just watch this (not very accurate site) very carefully :)))

The only thing this graph shows is that in the winter there is more play in US/EU, but the trend is always up on a yearly base (and certainly with the new daily figures which I gave you)

So don't link too much to this site, because it could be dangerous to Wow haters in the coming months :)))

• VicksburgVicksburg Member Posts: 181

ok FACTS

First www.xfire.com

Most played game since 1050 days. By far the most played and the ONLY one in the top 10 you have to pay for.

Second www.vivendi.com  Blizzard makes 1.2 BILLION dollar on a yearly base. The audited financial results on this site confirms the 10.7 million subscriptions btw.

Third: TODAY in Central Europe: http://www.amazon.de/Computerspiele-Games/s/qid=1216886587/ref=sr_pg_1?ie=UTF8&rs=301129&bbn=301129&rh=n%3A300992%2Cn%3A301129&page=1

Top 2, 3, 6 and 7 in the TOP PC charts are Wow products. Outselling dozens of time the newly launched Conan (which is at postion ... 35).

Meaning LOTS of new and returning customers, far more than even the newest "hype"

And remember Conan had 1 million Beta demands (now nowhere in the selling top 20 lists).

FOURTH:

Best sold PC game in 2005, 2006, 2007 and with the upcoming WotLK no doubt ... 2008.

So if WOW is a failure BOTH in SALES and in PAYED PLAYINGS,

I wonder what the other MMORPG's are ....

http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart7.html

62.2 % marketshare in PAID MMORPG market

http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massively_multiplayer_online/

59% marketshare in ALL MMORPG market played (mostly GW difference here)

---

So Sir with these stats from ALL independant OR audited sources: YOU fail at discussing with ARGUMENTS.

• YarosYaros Member Posts: 280

Originally posted by Vicksburg
    Originally posted by Horny WoW is going down the cliff since TBC. Blizzard proved to be unable to adapt Warcraft III lore (the real sucess) to his MMORPG project.

ok FACTS
    First www.xfire.com
    Most played game since 1050 days. By far the most played and the ONLY one in the top 10 you have to pay for.
    Second www.vivendi.com  Blizzard makes 1.2 BILLION dollar on a yearly base. The audited financial results on this site confirms the 10.7 million subscriptions btw.
    Third: TODAY in Central Europe: http://www.amazon.de/Computerspiele-Games/s/qid=1216886587/ref=sr_pg_1?ie=UTF8&rs=301129&bbn=301129&rh=n%3A300992%2Cn%3A301129&page=1
    Top 2, 3, 6 and 7 in the TOP PC charts are Wow products. Outselling dozens of time the newly launched Conan (which is at postion ... 35).
    Meaning LOTS of new and returning customers, far more than even the newest "hype"
    And remember Conan had 1 million Beta demands (now nowhere in the selling top 20 lists).
    FOURTH:
    Best sold PC game in 2005, 2006, 2007 and with the upcoming WotLK no doubt ... 2008.

---
    So Sir with these stats from ALL independant OR audited sources: YOU fail at discussing with ARGUMENTS.

Yea, WoW rocks... in Asia ;)~

Actually It IS true the 12 million coming. I think it will be even more than 12 million.
    No. Its not and the charts show this like it or not.
    because in July there is a strong resurge in activity in this man's stats. (based on a sample of 1% who use census plus BTW)/
    Yes. Its a sample who shows what is happening with the overall and its a reliable source of data. If you dont agree link another.
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=70&servertypeid=-1
    Today it was at 6.2 million compared to the 5.8 million in June. (last summer it was down to 5.5 million btw).
    So the July stats of 2008 will be higher than that of 2007 and with the new Beta WotlK you can see what is happning.
    A build up to Nov 2008 and then an explosion just like the 2 previous years (but now with Wotlk).
    Yes sample is growing but player activity is decresing. This explains much...
    The only thing this graph shows is that in the winter there is more play in US/EU, but the trend is always up on a yearly base (and certainly with the new daily figures which I gave you)
    I dont think so. And you dont even mentioned the first chart who clearly show WoW was about to peak 5 months ago.
    So don't link too much to this site, because it could be dangerous to Wow haters in the coming months :)))
    So WoW haters should be worry besides i cant figure with what.

Originally posted by SonofSeth

Originally posted by Yaros

ok FACTS
    First www.xfire.com
    FOURTH:

---

Yea, WoW rocks... in Asia ;)~

<Mod edit>

Hmm, as I know, there is no "asian" race. And I just pointing to fact, that most WoW subscribers are from this continent and there you can see subscription increse. In US and EU WoW subscription base is much smaller and you can't see much more subscribens coming. But when someone point to unwanted truth is better to call him racist, when you don't have arguments.

No. Its not and the charts show this like it or not.
    Yes. Its a sample who shows what is happening with the overall and its a reliable source of data. If you dont agree link another.
    Yes sample is growing but player activity is decresing. This explains much...
    I dont think so. And you dont even mentioned the first chart who clearly show WoW was about to peak 5 months ago.
    So WoW haters should be worry besides i cant figure with what.

Apparently you've never heard of latin america

But lets go with these little charts you posted, once the expansion is released alot of new players will come back to spike the sub count like mad and chances are there will be some retention with these new players. If LK is anything like BC release the spike will be about 4 million people WW and it will hold around 2-3 million of those.

But whatever you say, WoW is going to peak at 10 mil and now its doomed!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    In US and EU WoW subscription base is much smaller and you can't see much more subscribers coming.

Based on the Jan 2008 PR

eu.blizzard.com/en/press/080122.html

45% of active are US/EU in comparison to the other 55% in Asia

(4.5 of 10 mill)

I guess it depends on your definition of "much smaller"

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by tornsage

I'm convinced that the game is ruined. It started with BC and the dev's love ffair with arena. A MINORITY of players likes it. The MAJORITY HATES IT> Why won't blizzerd do what players want? Because I believe elitist devs have too much control and manipulate the game to their own likes.
    Arena sucks plain and simple. It's boring. Bring back world PVP and stop messing with stipid junk that means nothing.
    They even brought up some lame achievment" thing that grants nothing but acknowlegment that you wasted time doing boring stuff.

I hope the game fails and the devs all lose theur jobs.

You fail quite miserably. I get the feeling you don't know what the expansion will bring, nor have you read any articles related to it, or Blizzard.

• SikhanderSikhander Member UncommonPosts: 220

Guys - you are making this much more complicated than it is (and you are mixing facts with wishes - on both sides). The data we have (some of it a bit scetchy) supports:

- Total subscriber base ~10 million

- EU/NA - ~4.5 million

- Very limited growth in subscriber base in NA/EU since summer 2007

- Strong growth in Asia

- Roughly 20% subscriber base increase when TBC was released (one time effect)

- Strong subscriber in-flow in all territories (sample: 900,000 new subs in NA in 2007 out of 2.5 million accounts with limited growth in totals) - hence attrition rates of 30-40% in mature markets (average life span of a player of 2-3 years)

That is it. Everything else is purely speculation (and the data above is not exact but the data we actually have).

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

- Very limited growth in subscriber base in NA/EU since summer 2007
    - Strong growth in Asia

in 2005, WOW claimed 1.5 mill  in Asia contrast to 2mill US/EU

www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/chinese-success-pushes-world-of-warcraft-past-35-million-users

since 2005, both have more than doubled in growth

US/EU is 2.5m higher and Asia is 4m higher

there was no regional break down in summer 2007 (that I can find)

but for Jan 2007

eu.blizzard.com/en/press/070111.html

US/EU was 3.5   Asia was 3.5

1 year later Jan 2008

US/EU was 4.5 Asia was 5.5

my point?   there has NOT been limited growth in US/EU

its not growing as fast as the market in Asia but US/EU still a growth of around +30%

from Jan 2007 to Jan 2008

Im in Latin America.

Did you really think we would wait 4 year until they finally decided to launch it here?

Originally posted by Nadia
    In US and EU WoW subscription base is much smaller and you can't see much more subscribers coming.
    Based on the Jan 2008 PR
    45% of active are US/EU in comparison to the other 55% in Asia
    (4.5 of 10 mill)
    I guess it depends on your definition of "much smaller"

Europe and North America it's not the same continent, MMO community there have bit differet tastes . So: EU WoW plyer base is much smaller then Asian and US WoW player base is much smaller then Asian. Better now?

Im in Latin America.
    Did you really think we would wait 4 year until they finally decided to launch it here?

I know that, the past two guilds I've been in have had latin american players in them (Mexico and Brazil).

I was assuming most people in latin america dont speak english/ arent comfortable speaking the language, if this isnt true then I wish more immigrants would start speaking english. 

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

Wotlk would do just fine even if the only factor were players with 70's wanting to furthur develope their characters instead of starting some new mmo.  Yeah I agree arena sucks.  Do you even know the first thing about Wotlk?  Big outdoor pvp coming.  Arena sucks but it's no reason to think the expansion will fail.

I know that, the past two guilds I've been in have had latin american players in them (Mexico and Brazil).
    I was assuming most people in latin america dont speak english/ arent comfortable speaking the language, if this isnt true then I wish more immigrants would start speaking english. 

There are many guilds with latins only. Those who dont know the language receive help from others. I helped many with quests they could not understand alone.

Its was not a problem at all cause they never needed it. Nobody cares what language you speak in guild chat, whisper or teamspeak/Ventrilo. In fact i belive half of my old US Server dont have english as native language (Russians, Portugueses, Mexicans, Brazilians, Chineses,...).

No. I dont think there are people waitting a official release to buy it now.

The majority of latin's fans had the game already or drop it long time ago. It wont sell as its should with a 4 years delay. Im sure of it.