Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grand Exchange observation

VioletteViolette Member UncommonPosts: 119

The fluctuations of the RS market depend on how lazy people are. (I love the GE! It's very fascinating)

For example, the current selling price of Marigolds is approx. 4k each. (Nice way to make some side cash, by the way). They're not sold that much on GE (folks are too lazy to grow them) but are in high demand, thus the price.

Another example, ever tried buying a few Ciders? I waited forever for my order to be filled and in the end gave up. It's because people are not willing to go through the trouble it takes to make one, just to sell it.

Comments

• VioletteViolette Member UncommonPosts: 119

Wow, a sack of potatoes, which at most might be worth 20 coins, sells for 800 on Ge...

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

What a good way of making money

?

• ipod80gbipod80gb Member Posts: 90

the prices goes up and down due to demand and supply

it was how the general stores worked before there was g.e.

only now, players can buy from players instead of selling them to a npc store

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by ipod80gb

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I am pretty sure the prices go up and down due to what Jagex thinks should go up and down. I'm pretty sure the supply for rares isn't going up but yet the prices have plummeted. So if that's not proof the the grand exchange is in no way affected by supply and demand but by Jagex. Think about it, Jagex programmed the grand exchange, so it makes sense that they are the ones determining the prices and not supply and demand.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by Matt269

Originally posted by ipod80gb

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I am pretty sure the prices go up and down due to what Jagex thinks should go up and down. I'm pretty sure the supply for rares isn't going up but yet the prices have plummeted. So if that's not proof the the grand exchange is in no way affected by supply and demand but by Jagex. Think about it, Jagex programmed the grand exchange, so it makes sense that they are the ones determining the prices and not supply and demand.

I honestly do not think Runescape has a real economy anymore. I know for a fact many rares disappeared from the game entirely when the mass quittings happened last fall. Many of us saw them disappear on the ground because noone bothered to pick them up. Then you think about all the accounts that have been banned with them on them through the years, and the total amount of them actually in game should have greatly been reduced.  I have a good feeling that Jagex is having to maintain the illusion of an economy by having to set prices and move items that sit for too long that there is no demand for, otherwise it would not function at all. There are wayy too many sellers than buyers so no one would be  able to sell player made items if it were an actual economy based on supply and demand in it's current state.