Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me stomp on the ashes

13»

Comments

• MagiclightMagiclight Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by baff

Plenty of people in this world deserve to lose their jobs. I have absolutely no sympathy with anyone intending to make their living by cynically exploiting their customers.

Good riddence. May more like you join the dole queues.

No one owes these people financial security, and they most certainly did not have the finaancial security of their customers held in any particular high regard. Why should I return the respect they don't share for me.
    They had three years of well paid living on someone elses money. They took their cash in advance. $200 is a lot for someone who flips burgers at MacDonalds. The dev's have nothing to complain about, they had their money and they spent it. No need for sympathy there.

Good riddance Bill Roper.
     Thank god your bright vision of the future of gaming is not one that other companies will attempt to adopt.

Really, the game was passable (if perhaps unfit for purpose), but the company stank. I mean it really stank.

i dislike the teleporting monsters alot. Hard to hit and extremely frustrating.

• mmorpg1972mmorpg1972 Member Posts: 49

Where's RedCap these days? I miss the ranting and fanboy apologising! Kind of funny in retrospect.

Anyway, my condolences to anyone who subscribed to this game. I do miss playing Mythos though. 

• vader999vader999 Member UncommonPosts: 136
    This game had solid fun gameplay. Too bad they had no direction, MMO subscriptions, lack of endgame, lack of gear farmability, just alot of potential to what could have been and a shame this may scare other potential developers of the ARPG genre.
  • tablotablo Member UncommonPosts: 40

One reason the game was so buggy and lacked many promised features was because EA made them release WAY too early. If they had more time it would have been a much better game.

• mmorpg1972mmorpg1972 Member Posts: 49

Well, the servers have closed down. As they are only supporting single player from now on, as an MMO, this game is dead.

Thanks a billion Flagship. To any others out there who paid for a 'founders' account, my comisserations.

Can we get another Redcap post on this thread, I want it to go out on a highnote!

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by mmorpg1972

Well, the servers have closed down. As they are only supporting single player from now on, as an MMO, this game is dead.
    Thanks a billion Flagship. To any others out there who paid for a 'founders' account, my comisserations.
    Can we get another Redcap post on this thread, I want it to go out on a highnote!

I can still log on the Shulguth server.  I believe they only closed down in a part of Asia.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by mmorpg1972

Yep sure, Sucked in OP, someone else is re-opening Hellgate london with a new exspansion as well I hear, ha har!

P.S. also one last thing, it's redcap036 not redcap, try and remember it, Oh!. wait, sorry your still trying to forget it arn't you, my bad!

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

::stomps on Flagship's ashes::

I liked HGL for a month or so. It could have been so much better. Their treatment of their consumers was incompetent. They are still selling Hellgate London in many retail stores, under the guise thereis still a single player option that you can play once it closes. Too bad the idiots who buy the boxes won't get 90 percent of the features on the box.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Hellgate London wasn't even that bad. It had his fun elements.

The reason they went bankrupt are really simple:

1. There wasn't enough incentives or additions to the game worht subscribing for. So 99% didn't bother.

2. The 1% that did bother to subscribe got screwed over so bad with their creditcards being scammed of large amounts of money due to the billing system being in Alpha state and going haywire!

So when you are a small indy company and vastly overspend on development and especially marketing, don't sell enough boxes and then hardly anyone bothering to subscribe and sticks to freeplay mode and the ones that subscribed got royally scammed and poorly treated! (created huge bad press for them).

...then you don't need to be a rocket scientist to see they were going down in flames HARD!

And they seriously deserved to do so and did so.

Altho it's sad for the developers themselves, but they will luckily have found another home.

Cheers

• SanguiniaSanguinia Member Posts: 235

Wow, sooo...... I guess this game isn't worth me giving it a try then?

I remember there were advertisements for this thing EVERYWHERE. Couldn't get away from it. Of course, I also had no clue what this game was even about. Oh well, I doubt I would have liked it. I don't do FPS.

What Happened With SWG Went Down YEARS AGO! Please Try To Stop Whining About It In Every Thread I Read. Mourn It, And Finally MOVE ON With Your Lives! Thanks A Heap.

• jposavatzjposavatz Member Posts: 161

Does anybody know if there are any plans to continue the Hellgate London series of novels by Mel Odom?  I've read all 3 that have been released, and they've definitely left the story wide open for additional books, but with the death of the game I wonder if that means the death of the franchise?

Originally posted by jposavatz

Does anybody know if there are any plans to continue the Hellgate London series of novels by Mel Odom?  I've read all 3 that have been released, and they've definitely left the story wide open for additional books, but with the death of the game I wonder if that means the death of the franchise?

I doubt it, even if the game reopen's in the east somewhere, i doubt they would continue the novels, I would ask the publisher,( of the books ) if they will be releasing any more.

• jposavatzjposavatz Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by redcap036

I doubt it, even if the game reopen's in the east somewhere, i doubt they would continue the novels, I would ask the publisher,( of the books ) if they will be releasing any more.

Good idea... of course I have no idea how to actually go about contacting a publisher, but I'll look into it.  I really hope they don't cancel the books, as I somewhat enjoyed them. 

Originally posted by redcap036

Good idea... of course I have no idea how to actually go about contacting a publisher, but I'll look into it.  I really hope they don't cancel the books, as I somewhat enjoyed them. 

Book publishers contact details should be just inside the cover or on the back of the book.