Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When can i dabble in BM?

Is there a lvl requirement before you can start playing with BM?

I want to start that as soon as possible...if possible.

Also, what would be best to become a BM...a crafter to make the required items?

Comments

• HastorHadronHastorHadron Member Posts: 187

Well, it kind of depends...

BM can be bought into at level 10 (when you first get 5 expertise points) but here is the thing, at that level you cannot really make good pets.

What some people do is buy a good pet (as an incubated egg) and start leveling with it as they go. Another option is to do something like entertainer hit level 90 in 3 days and dump all points into BM. Then you could make all sorts of your own, but the process is still very expensive....

Beast Master: Links - Guide - F.A.Q.

this is a good starting point --- it has links to all the different crafters contributions to BM. It is very interdependent.

In all honesty, it would be pretty easy to buy an incubated egg (maybe not the most points , but worthy of playing around with) and testing out the new pets in combat.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803
    Originally posted by meleemadness

Is there a lvl requirement before you can start playing with BM?
    I want to start that as soon as possible...if possible.
    Also, what would be best to become a BM...a crafter to make the required items?

You can't start using expertise points until you hit level 10.  Which is, rather amazingly, the same point where you can first use pets for both hunter and warlock in WoW.  Geeze, what a coincidence that is!  Amazing!

The catch with BM is that it was designed with level 90 players in mind, not anyone below  that level, for full effect.  Much of your expertise must be invested in the crafting side to be able to cook the best possible eggs for pets.  Of course, you'll also need to invest on the combat side to get the most commands possible for your new pet.

Grinding a pet up to level 90 is no quick process.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi