Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is FFXI small group friendly?

De4th_M0nKeeDe4th_M0nKee Member Posts: 203

I play in a trio of friends and we pretty much only play games together. Is their stuff for us to do? Been thinking bout trying this game.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Give a fish a man and he will eat for a month!

Comments

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

If you guys decide to level the jobs:

1) Tank

2) Healer

3) Support

You can just grab any DD's looking for party and prolly level really fast, minimizing most downtime!

Other wise, if you all choose to level DD"s you will prolly be staring at each other with your thumbs up your ass for long periods of time with your FLP flags up lol...

• De4th_M0nKeeDe4th_M0nKee Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by SoulSurfer

1) Tank
    2) Healer
    3) Support
    You can just grab any DD's looking for party and prolly level really fast, minimizing most downtime!
    Other wise, if you all choose to level DD"s you will prolly be staring at each other with your thumbs up your ass for long periods of time with your FLP flags up lol...

Heh! Thanks for the info.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Give a fish a man and he will eat for a month!

• silverbaksilverbak Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by SoulSurfer

1) Tank
    2) Healer
    3) Support

indeed ther are allways DD's standing around looking for an xp party,

Plus the three of you can do missions together witch give you rank and in some cases unlock new areas(this game has a great story line witch you can only see by doing the missions)and with their being like 4 expansion packs their are 4 different story lines.

Also as you go up through the levels you can do burning cercal fights for good drops (so don't drop the beastmen seals >.<)

and im leaving out a few things but the point is much to do in FFXI and if you have a tight group that will just make it so much easryer  

• tebiantebian Member Posts: 61

Early in last year SE made the small group parties get experience point bonus in the early stages of the game. There are many rank missions that are perfect for a group of 3 too. You can easily make linkshell group for yourselves and even add more friends as you go. FFXI can be great experience for tight group to play. Hope to see you on the game.

This is small guide from one of FFXI main sites on how parties work in the game.

If you not into reading the books of info on the game, this is great podcast about a lot of it.

• De4th_M0nKeeDe4th_M0nKee Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by tebian

Early in last year SE made the small group parties get experience point bonus in the early stages of the game. There are many rank missions that are perfect for a group of 3 too. You can easily make linkshell group for yourselves and even add more friends as you go. FFXI can be great experience for tight group to play. Hope to see you on the game.
    This is small guide from one of FFXI main sites on how parties work in the game.
    If you not into reading the books of info on the game, this is great podcast about a lot of it.

Thanks for the info and links Tebian. I haven't tried it yet, but I keep running into fanatics of this game in the oddest places in RL. So my curiosity is up. lol

• tebiantebian Member Posts: 61

hehe, well I think you will find that most MMORPG's gamers are fanatics when it comes to their particular game. All of use spend 8+ hours a day doing one thing, at least at first is for sure is a little nutty. I did forget to mention if your in the USA you can get for a few bucks a "Startup" pack that will load the game and give you 30 days free online. So for you and your friends to come to the land of FFXI_WeDontDoEarthZone_Fanatics for 30 days free is less then 10 dollars. 

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

I strongly suggest making more friends and expanding your trio! It is always possible to find friendly players to level together over long periods of time, but at end-game the more players to play with is definitely better.