Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Nexus Conjecture

TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentAlameda, CAPosts: 1,188Member

Given Silius' post:

"Actually there will be a portal to Norrath now that you mention it. As far as story goes lets just say that the story in Pantheon is part one of a bigger revelation about the game, its gods, and the ancients."

and

LOL this is the best thread Ive seen in along time. Man this thread delivers lol. I really hope you are all joking around and no one actually believes Silius is making a portal between VG and eq1 lol.

"Malagar is right I won't be the one making it."

What does everyone think (or hope) is going on with this portal to Norrath?

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

Comments

• etwynnetwynn Los Angeles, CAPosts: 219Member

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online Correspondent Alameda, CAPosts: 1,188Member
    Originally posted by etwynn

My guess is that it will be some sort of norrath-themed raid zone.

I think that's highly likely.  I have to say, as someone who was unimpressed during beta and plans to try out their free beta player time shortly, I hope that it's a much more inspired idea than just a typical raid zone.  The most wild idea that I thought of was the possibility of a portal character's on both sides (in VG and in EQ [EQ2?]) can move between the worlds.  Granted, that's would be an insane undertaking on the part of both the VG and EQ teams and is highly impracticle but none-the-less would be pretty interesting.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• morpinmorpin wilmington, MIPosts: 360Member

What I thought was interesting was Silius's second cryptic statement; That he was not going to be the one that created the portal between Norrath and Telon.  Kind of sounded like it was going to be something put in on the EQ side.

Malagar40 wrote:

LOL this is the best thread Ive seen in along time. Man this thread delivers lol. I really hope you are all joking around and no one actually believes Silius is making a portal between VG and eq1 lol.

Malagar is right I won't be the one making it.

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?start=30&topic_id=34113&#400062

Originally posted by morpin

What I thought was interesting was Silius's second cryptic statement; That he was not going to be the one that created the portal between Norrath and Telon.  Kind of sounded like it was going to be something put in on the EQ side.

Malagar40 wrote:

I took that comment to mean that someone else on the VG team was doing it.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir The Deep Woods, NJPosts: 1,698Member Uncommon

unless he's a gnome, obviously he wont be making it!

Only a nekid gnome could pull this off.

• JostersJosters BquillaPosts: 73Member
    Originally posted by TookyG

Originally posted by morpin

Malagar40 wrote:

I took that comment to mean that someone else on the VG team was doing it.

Nop, I think there is a big feature here.

WE are the ones making it, we probably going to work hard to make this portal, all the players will have to gather materials and defeat monsters to make this great portal, then a raid # of players will be needed to access the portal.

And yeah the place will be The Nexus destroyed by the gods or something.

SADLY I don't know the story of The Nexus never put attention to it...I know it came with Luclin and it connected to different zones in the EQ world.

Originally posted by Josters

Nop, I think there is a big feature here.

WE are the ones making it, we probably going to work hard to make this portal, all the players will have to gather materials and defeat monsters to make this great portal, then a raid # of players will be needed to access the portal.
    And yeah the place will be The Nexus destroyed by the gods or something.

SADLY I don't know the story of The Nexus never put attention to it...I know it came with Luclin and it connected to different zones in the EQ world.

Ah I gotcha.  A community building event, perhaps similar to the EQ2 building of the griffon towers.  That would be interesting.