Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This games alotta fun

maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I just started playing PSU and it's aLOTTA fun.  I played Blue Burst for awhile and stopped when universe came out, but didn't buy it til now  .  I got it for 6 bucks from a half price books!

If you haven't ever played it before, it's very much like guild wars as far as missions, towns, and character creation.  The questing and classes are really cool and I like the fighting style, which is more action RPG then RPG.   This isn't really an MMO, but it doesn't make it any less of a good game.

Anyone on here playing this game? I'm only at lvl 12 right now, but I'd like to group if anyones around my level!

Comments

• korvixkorvix Member Posts: 477

Yup the game rocks, if you like Phantasy Star that is. I actively play this and PSOBB....

PSO was never very popular in the US, and wont be to everyones tastes....but if you enjoyed the previous games yeah go ahead and try this ^^.

The only major differences are that there are no MAGs persay, and that the combat is faster.

~HappyGaming

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Yeah I found this pretty interesting, you have a Partner Machine instead of a MAG?  I hear you can use them in battle after LVL  80.  Thats pretty cool, but I liked having a MAG.

Only problem I really see with this game is I didn't buy the Expansion, just the regular version, most groups are running the new Expansion Missions.  I'll have to upgrade soon.

• korvixkorvix Member Posts: 477

I sent you a Private Message.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

The game was pretty fun when I played, but I quit because about 90-80% of the content was locked at the time.  I also didn't like the fact that you had to keep grinding the same maps over, and over.  The personal shops were cool, but it was so hard to find what you were looking for (i hear they made it better).  I've thought about coming back, but I don't think I can do it.  Anyway, hope you're having fun.

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303
    Originally posted by bleyzwun

The game was pretty fun when I played, but I quit because about 90-80% of the content was locked at the time.  I also didn't like the fact that you had to keep grinding the same maps over, and over.  The personal shops were cool, but it was so hard to find what you were looking for (i hear they made it better).  I've thought about coming back, but I don't think I can do it.  Anyway, hope you're having fun.

Yeah, that sounds like my experience.  The duping is what killed it for me, plus the lack of variety.

Anyhow, if you loved PSO, I think you'll at least _like_ this game.  Maybe not enough to stick around, though.  I played PSO tons, but PSU lacked some of the same charm.  It had a different kind of charm of its own, but I think technical issues ruined it for me.

• tikboitikboi Member Posts: 243

yeah its pretty fun, but i played this like in dreamcast? i cant remember, but that time its not online.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Its an ok game, I don't play it because of the Subscription fee but I still play the Free PSOBB, I don't think PSU is good enough for me to pay monthly for it, Its good enough to be maybe 60 dollar one time buy + 60 dollar expansion and thats it. Like Guild wars.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I remember playing the First PSO on dreamcast, I was so addicted to the game I actually smashed my console one day to stop playing.

I read that PSU didn't have Mags so I didnt bother.

Glad someone is having a good time though.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• LV426LV426 Member Posts: 883

I used to play until this weekend. It's actually a VERY fun game, but Im going to reccomend it mainly for single player mode. Maybe it's because I played on the PC/PS2 servers, but there werent many people on this game... ever. Nor did it seem there was any real structure to give your character a reason to do things. If you had more people, you would probably have more willing to RP (with any luck) so you could make your own reason to do things, or if you could play story missions as a team, it would be ALOT better online imho. BUT it is a fun game worth picking up and playing.

• Melamine_ManMelamine_Man Member Posts: 13

Whoa, i heard a lot of gamers that this game is good.

Should i try this one? tell me folks, im in for something new.

Whats the feature of this game? :D

• dma1dma1dma1dma1 Member Posts: 82

ys this game is good and alot of fun.

i stop playing after my 30 day was over and i came back and left and came i couldn't update the at all i have the PC Version.

so do day i'm going to try again.

• wkdkicksass8wkdkicksass8 Member Posts: 11

Yeah it is because I've been playing 6 hours straight on single -player mode and i'd like to do it online aswell.

Aion IGN: Elrang lvl 13
    Class: Gladiator
    Server: Spatalos
    Region: EU