Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any1 else got major lag?

murdera2k6murdera2k6 Member UncommonPosts: 474

Hi, i started playing when it got re-released but when i play it its got major lag. i can barely do anything. has any1 else got this and does any1 have a solution? thanks.

"If they can make Penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you," - Muhammed Ali

Comments

• rock_harryrock_harry Member Posts: 183

I'm not getting lag at all been playing for about 3 days and only been kicked off ones other that that the game plays really well.

• murdera2k6murdera2k6 Member UncommonPosts: 474

hmm, k thanks. I posted on their forums but no one ever replies. im really annoyed right now.

"If they can make Penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you," - Muhammed Ali

• RageMonsterRageMonster Member UncommonPosts: 120

The game client portion is not laggy at all.  This is probably due to the fact the maps/graphics/animations are so very basic.  The web based portion is so slow it borders on unusable.  You have to put your mouse over the button you want to click and let it sit there for 5 to 10 seconds then you can push it and then wait about 5 seconds or so to see if it really clicked or not.  Joining a guild took so long for the pages to load I joined one near the top of the page as that became my only option.  I don't believe it is the internet connection but is the way the game is written that causes this.  Otherwise it is very addictive so far and there is a lot of hours required to advance.

• RageMonsterRageMonster Member UncommonPosts: 120

Despite repeatedly reading on MMORPG.COM forums that it does no good to post in the official DL forums, I decided to try it and ask about the lag in the web client issue that was making the game almost unplayable for me.  I got an answer within a day from another player that completely solved my problem.  I just had to log in using firefox instead of IE and now it works perfectly.  I have also gotten a lot of information from chatting with others in game.

• beauxajbeauxaj Member Posts: 245

Aye, If you find the web portion slow, switch to Firefox, I finally found that out from one of the tips screens, Even though I use Firefox I hadn't had it as my default browser so it was opening in IE, once I set it, no more problems in the browser.

No its the ingame portion for me i already run the web portion on firefox :) however i have deleted it now due to getting really annoyed with  it. i came to a point where i didnt know what to do ingame (i tried to play with lag) all it said was go to the city and speak to some guy but i didnt know where the "city" was. I've updated my grafix drivers now so it might be quicker in game i might give it a try. i went to Mythos instead (random i know lol) i managed to get into beta i had a similar problem no background but i updated my drivers and it works brilliantly now. im gonna take a look at min reqs again maybe i dont meet some of them. thanks anyway for your help guys.

• harshskaterharshskater Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by murdera2k6

No its the ingame portion for me i already run the web portion on firefox :) however i have deleted it now due to getting really annoyed with  it. i came to a point where i didnt know what to do ingame (i tried to play with lag) all it said was go to the city and speak to some guy but i didnt know where the "city" was. I've updated my grafix drivers now so it might be quicker in game i might give it a try. i went to Mythos instead (random i know lol) i managed to get into beta i had a similar problem no background but i updated my drivers and it works brilliantly now. im gonna take a look at min reqs again maybe i dont meet some of them. thanks anyway for your help guys.

nice getting into mythos, i've been trying to get into beta for while now, no response yet

how is the game? worth playing?(prolly wrong forum for this i kno)

but hell lol why not ask

Yeah lol i got lucky, ten tonnhammer were doing a beta key giveaway and i got lucky and found out early and got in. It's pretty good although i was slightly dissappointed, the classes are so even balanced and its a good fun game. i think grouping should be more promoted because so far i cound that you don't need to group at all to get througha dungeon even for the boss it was easy as hell for me. anyway good luck with getting in, it's definately worth it.

• harshskaterharshskater Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by murdera2k6

Yeah lol i got lucky, ten tonnhammer were doing a beta key giveaway and i got lucky and found out early and got in. It's pretty good although i was slightly dissappointed, the classes are so even balanced and its a good fun game. i think grouping should be more promoted because so far i cound that you don't need to group at all to get througha dungeon even for the boss it was easy as hell for me. anyway good luck with getting in, it's definately worth it.

sounds great, i'l only hope to get as lucky and get in myself