Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thought this game was released a while back?

Can someone provide a link or something with an answer to my question? I thought this game was released 1-2 years ago, I understand its now called Dreamlords: The Awakening.  Reason i'm asking is I saw it on the "upcoming mmorpgs" list.

Can anyone shed some light :)

S H A D O W H A N D

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Played - All mainstream MMORPGS/Many others.

Favorites- Dark Age of Camelot/mordred,Shadowbane , Old school Ultima Online

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Shadowhand

Can someone provide a link or something with an answer to my question? I thought this game was released 1-2 years ago, I understand its now called Dreamlords: The Awakening.  Reason i'm asking is I saw it on the "upcoming mmorpgs" list.

Can anyone shed some light :)

Easy. This wannabe mmo is actually just an online rts which has "turns". The last two or three "turns" ended, so now the 3rd or 4th "turn" is being released. It's basically just another online rts like the millions of other browser rts games out there, it just has a psuedo client to differentiate itself.

• rev_lazarorev_lazaro Member Posts: 270

If by Pseudo Client you mean the fact that the new game now plays entirely from the client now, and the combat is played in 3D rendered real-time. Yeah, it has elements taken from across the board -- it has a "web based" strategy game feel in terms of the world map that you use to manage your armies (although it's rendered in 3D and looks beautiful).

But getting into the actual battles, it plays like a standard RTS. To me it's kinda reminding me of games like the Myth series.

But it's not an MMORPG, it's as Zorvan called it an Online RTS for all purposes. 

It's been re-launched because they took it down for a while to do further development and expand the game. It's a decent game; I'm enjoying it so far. If you're burned on MMO's it's something different to hold you over.