Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of "Old-School & 2D" Games for you from A - Z F2P to P2P

124»

Comments

• MuffinSGEMuffinSGE Member Posts: 9
    StarportGame.com

Looking for a fresh indie game that focuses on gameplay rater than income?

Starport: Galactic Empires is easily the most fun I've ever had. I've been playing it for over 5 years, and I'm still not considered a veteran. This is a game that never gets old, and that's why people stick around so long. With a huge open galaxy like EVE, where you can colonize planets, invade other people's colonies, form corporations, fight in ships, and start wars, the possibilities are endless. Everything is completely community driven and the developer listens to every concern that every player has, and integrates constant updates to meet their needs. The combat system is like none-other. No auto-aim and auto-shoot bullshit. This game requires serious skill. Not only are you shooting other players, but you're also pulling them around, repelling them, and rendering them immobile with EMP blasters. Every ship and weapon has a purpose, and the PVP is seamlessly balanced. The perfect combination of PVE and PVP: one day you'll be building your colonies, and the next you'll be part of a 5v5, firing nukes and maneuvering around planets, and then invading a colony with your buddies to stream-line the process. You can go solo, or with a corporation. This game offers everything, and if something doesn't satisfy, you can bring it up with our benevolent developer, Toonces. Then why is there only about 100 people playing it? 2 reasons: The admin doesn't pay for advertising anymore, and graphics. It's a 2D game, so most people dismiss it as trash. But the 2D actually offers up more possibilities than limitations. The 2D is why the combat system is so incredible! It's like PVP asteroids on steroids! And in my opinion, the small player-base is the best part. You get to know everyone in this close-knit community, and becoming #1 is actually feasible. Server-wide wars are started over a broken-friendship or a rumor. It's really very interesting. And as if the original game wasn't good enough, a new server called Blitzkrieg was added, offering 20 minute games of capture-and-hold that really puts the combat system to good use. Pure skill-based PVP that requires strategy and teamwork. If you get a chance to try Starport: Galactic Empires out, message me in game. My name is Muffin and I love to help out new players. My goal is to increase the player-base and bring this game to its former glory. Do me a favor and check out the website:

StarportGame.com

Thanks, Muffin
  • couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114

If you are looking for a nice 2D game with an old school feel you should check out Quest Worlds. I'm really enjoying myself.

http://questworld.org/

They are working on more customization currently and there seems to be quite a bit of content, best of all it is HTML5 and runs right from your browser.

• pamboypamboy Member Posts: 4

Hey all, If you guys are looking for a great Classic 2D game, you should check out Odyssey Reborn. I've been playing a lot lately and it is really fun! You can download it at http://www.odysseyreborn.com. The game has a skilling system (mining, woodcutting, and fishing), Item crafting, tons of quests and best of all is the PvP! There is Guild vs. Guild, and you can also duel your friends 1v1. :)

Here is the official game description: Odyssey Reborn is a free 2d top-view online RPG that is set within a medieval setting with SNES like graphics. There are several player classes available, Knight, Mage, Crusader, Necromancer, Rogue, and Cleric. The main playerbase focuses on PVP but the game is also very well setup for PvE action. Odyssey is a fairly basic hack and slash ORPG (Online Role Playing Game). It is designed to run on lower end computers, some as slow as 66mhz. Instead of focusing highly on visual, and aural elements, Odyssey tends to focus on gameplay value, and replayability. "The Odyssey Engine" is the sole inspiration for many other games such as the original "Mirage Online", which ultimately transformed the ease of Online RPG creation with the Playerworlds program. The Odyssey was started in the mid-90s and is widely said to be the first successful VB6 MORPG. Come check it out! The more the merrier!

• OscillateOscillate Member UncommonPosts: 239

Very good list. A lot of these games are funner than anything new coming out. lol :)

(Akiraosc)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

You should add Wakfu. Its an awesome little gem.

http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg

Its related to Dofus i think but it is its own game and its worth checking out.

• namisalced0namisalced0 Member CommonPosts: 14
    EXPENDABROS BECAUSE IT'S FREE! Expendable, get it? /nudgenudgewinkwink hehe
    The Mana World is quite a nice retro game. It is open-source and completely free to play. They are currently trying to get Greenlit on Steam.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    Minions of Mirth was released in 2007 I think and has a very heavy classic EQ influence....It has enough EQ to make it familiar to those that played and enough difference to make it unique.....The graphics arent great but are better than EQ and tis free to play to level 15 and can b2p for 30 bucks if you like the game.....Once again, Id recommend this for people who loved classic EQ.
  • brafesterbrafester Member UncommonPosts: 1

I don't see Fallensword on the list.

Old school, classic role playing game on HTML 5 canvas. Text based, but had 2D world map.

• BanyoHDBanyoHD Member UncommonPosts: 32

You should add Dungeon Fighter Online to this list. It's made by Neople and was made available again in the west for OBT about 2 months ago. The link to the website is down below:

http://www.dfoneople.com/

• huskyjerkhuskyjerk Member CommonPosts: 1
    free 2D mmorpg

www.shadowsofdarkness.webs.com

Shadows of Darkness is a 2D online RPG that is created using Xtremeworlds Engine made by Bradyok.  It is a medieval game with a variety of weapons, armors, helmets, shields, accessories, and spells. It boasts a decent sized world that will always be added  to explore with many quests to complete with more being added. Admins will host events, have free giveaways and take any idea's player's may have to better the game! You can create a guild and make plenty of new friend's! The game is Player Vs Player or you can train on a huge variety of boss's and monster's throughout the game!  The game Administrators will always be adding new content to the game such as, map's, Gear, Spells, Quests, and plenty of other in game item's. Give it a try and make new friend's! hope you enjoy it!   ---Game Maker Sr5
  • OptimaOptima Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited November 2016
    For old and new players,

The Free 2D RPG Helbreath has returned.

Helbreath is a 2D fantasy MMORPG that has features including massive scale battles, unique characters and monsters, customizable avatars, special equipment and more. Players choose between the starter stats of Warrior, Mage and Magician, and character advancement occurs through a mix of questing, PvP, and hunting, depending upon player preference. In Helbreath, completely open PvP battles take place between members of the two warring factions.

http://www.PlayHelbreath.com

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • WarofGalaxyWarofGalaxy Member CommonPosts: 2
    Hemmo admin,

Would it be possible to add my gamelink to the thread ?

https://warofgalaxyz.com
    https:/forum.warofgalaxyz.com
    https://facebook.com/warofgalaxyz/

Sincerely,
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

ZENITH'S CALL is an upcoming online tactical-MORPG for Windows PC. It features elements from mainstays of the genre, while incorporating everything you have come to expect from massive multiplayer games. You will be able to journey across a massive world, slay monsters, tackle quests and do it all with your friends or trek solo! We're making sure we keep the story hard encoded into the game-play, to ensure we have an engaging tale for all players to follow.

Our main goal is to create fun, exciting and unique games for everyone to enjoy. We have a passion for game development; it's our hobby. We love doing it, and we love when people come and try out what we've been working on.

EXPLORE AN EXPANSIVE WORLD

Explore the massive world of Ardent, a dangerous fantastical world. You will be able to journey from border to border, adventuring and questing with your friends and hopefully meeting new friend and foe along the way.

ADAPT AND DEVELOP YOUR CHARACTER

Your character develops as you do. With ZENITH'S CALL's deep character development, you'll be able to express your character's strengths and weaknesses to the extreme. We go beyond stat points, and make your choices matter both in equipment and unique enhancement points.

GET IMMERSED IN A DEEP STORY

We know the trope, an MORPG and a story? That is just a dream. We hope to make that a reality with ZENITH'S CALL. With writing at the forefront of design, we plan our game mechanics and features with those elements already in place. This is to ensure that the story doesn't feel tacked on, but rather, embedded straight into the game. Something to keep you immersed and enriched as you play.

Zenith's Call has officially launched it's testing server.

You can connect to try out the game as we slowly move through the waters of development. The testing zone, The Nexus, is a complete, segregated area from the main campaign. You'll be able to fully experience the game in a pocket universe. You can download Zenith’s Call here.

If you wish to be part of our community you can join our Discord, favorite our official website or even follow us on Twitter.